[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yesterday as I was doing squats (olympic, 110kg), at third set
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Yesterday as I was doing squats (olympic, 110kg), at third set (final one, after 2 sets warmup and 2 previous sets at 110kg), I suddenly lose back tightness when at the ATG position and bend slightly forward.

I complete the set just fine, but when the bar comes off, jesus christ the pain in my lower back.

I went out yesterday night and it really, REALLY hurt. My lower back was extremely tight, and every time I was upright it was a constant nagging pain.

Now, one night later, it feels like my lower back is seizing up. I'm kind of losing mobility (gets tight, hurts like an electric current is going up my torso) every time I try to bend down.

Am I a cripple now?
Help

(first lifting injury btw, kinda panicking)
>>
>>35190564
Herniated or slipped disc, mang.

I warned you about leg compounds, bro
>>
>>35190566
Just a quick note OP, hernias as a rule of thumb hurt when you cough or sneeze.
Try it out.
>>
>>35190581

OP here

No, doesn't hurt when I cough.
>>
>>35190566
This guy's not necessarily right, although it's a possibility. You might have just pissed off your erectors or fucked with your SI joint somehow. Stretch and massage as much of your glutes and hips as possible, and see a doctor and request an mri to rule out the discs. Protip: /fit/ can't physically examine you, so don't take any diagnosis here as fact until you can ascertain it for yourself with an actual professional.
>>
>>35190615

You're right.
I'll take it easy and rest today and tomorrow. If the pain doesn't subside, i'll head to the hospital.
>>
I don't know how can someone doing SS in his basement NOT get back problems eventually
>>
>>35190564
take some kidney beans into a large sock, and heat it up for a 1-2 min in the microwave, then place near the pain, switch over to ice pack.

also stretch a lil bit if you can.
>>
>>35190615
This guy's right, you want to massage muscles connected to the location to prevent them from seizing up. Don't panic
>>
Yeah it could be a serious spasm. I did something similar on an ohp and couldn't move arm for 3 days my upper back was so tight, but it subsided.
>>
This is why squats and deadlifts are a troll. "Its safe, just use good form!!". You aren't gonna have perfect form every rep dickhead. They tear up the knees even with perfect form too.
>>
i had something similar happen in my upper back while squatting. i wasn't careful when re-wracking the weight and let my upper back slack, and it immediately seized up like that. i just took an extra 2 or 3 days off and kept a heating pad on it and it was fine. i used to get similar shit in university before i started lifting when i had to haul a backpack full of shit across campus every day so i din't really panic because that type of pain was somewhat familiar. i would be very willing to bet it's nothing like a slipped disc and just a spasm.
>>
>>35190772
By using proper form?
It's not impossible.
A straight back that never rounds at all will always prevent back injuries.
>>
>>35191776
Tfw proper form isn't always gonna happen for most lifters. Do you even lift anyways? I doubt you do nerd
>>
>>35190564
I had lumbar pain (but only on the right side), I asked my PT, he told me to just keep squatting with him spotting and we found out I used to wink a little to the right

If you can move and you're aren't experiencing atrocious pain in every position chance are it's just the muscle

The pain you have getting upright in this case should go away 80% in a couple of days, and for a week or two you could feel "something" if you flex your back in mysterious ways

If you had >>35190566
>Herniated or slipped disc
you would know for sure by now and you wouldn't be here.

Keep squatting, first bar only with a PT spotting you, than back to 80% of your last capacity. Remember that an exercise done good is better than shouting LIGHTWEIGHT BABY doing 6pl8s

Disregard all the teen virgins who never lifted in their whole life like >>35191755 - squats are absolutely safe.

>>35190772
>SS in his basement
A beginner should join a gym and ask a PT to spot him. The home gym meme is terrible.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.