[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i just started working out last month, i have protein should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1414841460754.jpg (113 KB, 1366x686) Image search: [Google]
1414841460754.jpg
113 KB, 1366x686
i just started working out last month, i have protein
should i be using creatine too or stay away from it?
im a skinny fuck
pic unrelated
>>
Creatine? Good lord. That stuff gives you brain cancer and shrinks your balls. Everyone knows that. Better flush it.
>>
>>35189109
Where's your source at senpai?
>>
>>35189089
biggest complaint i've heard about creatine is that your body will get used to having excess stores of it and if you ever stop taking it, your body may struggle to make use of any naturally occurring creatine shit that you get from food, bro.

don't tell me this is broscience faggots, it's just anecdotal shit i've been told from people that took it.

creatine is good fucking shit but you best stay on that ride for life

also my niggers your hair could fall out but not guaranteed nigga peace out alright bye
>>
Where does everyone pin their creatine? I like to pin my quads
>>
>>35189203
Yes. You body will stop producing creatine, but fortunately, as soon as you stop taking creatine, it will almost immediately start up again. Creatine is creatine and your body doesn't know the difference if it made it itself or if you took it as a supplement.

Now with that said, stopping your body's natural production of creatine is actually more of a good thing than a bad thing.

As your body produces it, it needs to become methylated. This is done by S-Adenosyl Methionine (SAM), which is the body's principle methyl donor. One of the by products of methionine consumption is a waste product called homocysteine and as natural creatine production goes down, studies have shown that serum levels of homocysteine also goes down because SAM is not being used for creatine production. Studies have also shown that homocysteine is a principal cause of vascular disease with a 5 micoMolar increase in plasma homocysteine level results in a 60% and 80% increased risk of developing coronary heart disease.

In addition to lower serum homocysteine levels, there is increased methylation activity caused by the extra SAM that is not used in creatine production. DNA methylation also influences chromosome structure, the cell's ability to repair damaged DNA as well as overall genomic stability. Expectedly, hypo-methylation also results in inefficient replication of DNA, breaks in the chromosomal linear structure and inefficient repair of damaged chromosomes. Thus, the combination of creatine and folic acid (and vitamin B12) should reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer as well as slow the natural aging process.
>>
File: 1446315646778.jpg (31 KB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
1446315646778.jpg
31 KB, 500x444
>>35189396
>>
>>35189396
well fuck, I done got blown out

OP read this nigger's post and ignore my post

there's literally no reason not to be on creatine all of the life long time day long ok
>>
File: xD.png (14 KB, 539x600) Image search: [Google]
xD.png
14 KB, 539x600
I asked my doctor about creatine, she said it is a shill product and all benefits are a placebo. If you purchase it you're just wasting your money.
>>
>>35189396
Wow this is so wrong on so many levels.
>>
>>35189448
Unless your doctor is a nutritionist that advice is shit.
>>
File: tumblr_ndyykhdzoi1u23coco1_500.jpg (159 KB, 500x683) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndyykhdzoi1u23coco1_500.jpg
159 KB, 500x683
>>35189448
Yeah, totally a waste :^)
>>
pros
>will actually give you slightly better gains
>costs nothing
>safe

cons
>will accelerate hairloss if you're prone to baldness

source: 33 y-o me that has been lifting for 7 years, about 3 years on creatine non-stop. Also, my dad is bald and my older brother (35) has a much better hairline than mine. My brother is also a 165lbs weakling lowtest faggot
>>
>>35189396
As a biochemistry major I found this interesting, you got a sauce on that? Enough info is accurate to pique curiosity.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.