[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /fit control sugar cravings?? Every time I get stressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
How does /fit control sugar cravings?? Every time I get stressed out I binge, and it's always sugary foods.
>>
I don't buy the shit
>>
>>35188802
listen to
>>35188810
also, post body pic for inspiration.
>>
>>35188802
I eat sugar

but I'm also a labor worker and I box so its pretty irrelevant what I eat at this point as long as I get enough macros.
>>
>>35188810
This 1000%. If I have any junk food at home ill just stuff my face with it when I have cravings.

If you mostly buy healthy food then you can't really binge on junk food. You only need self control for the 30min you spend grocery shopping.
>>
>>35188802
Get sweetness from fruit, protein powder, and yogurt. Frozen yogurt treats if need something stronger.
>>
>>35188802

Fruit. No one every got fat eating apples and I can't eat more than 3-4 at a time

grapes tangerines, pears, melons, etc. buy in season and sprinkle the tiniest bit of salt
>sea salt of course
>inb4 iodine
on each bite. keep it fresh and cold and eat all the damn fruit you want, if you're working out you'll be fine
>>
>>35188843
>>35188825
>>35188810
So much truth. I remember mommy bought a bag of powdered donuts and I ate like 15 of them in a day.

>anon I thought you were the one with self control
>no mom, I just don't buy the junk food in the first place
>>
File: images-6.jpg (4 KB, 204x165) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
4 KB, 204x165
Op here, I get the "just not buying it" mentality however it is at times for difficult than that. I'm reasonably fit so I think I justify the binging, but then the binging derails any further success. Not making excuses here, just explaining my mental process.
>>
>>35189097
Get's easier the more and more you do it. Consistensie is the key. Routine. Before you start to binge, set it on the table walk away for 5 minutes think about the negative results, you're gonna feel like a piece of shit for giving in.
>>
Literally fruit
>>
>>35189144
>Get's easier the more and more you do it. Consistency is the key.

This. After enough time you don't even notice it. If you have a really hard time going cold turkey on sweets you can just do what I did. Reserve one day a week where you will have absolutely no sugary garbage and add another day whenever you feel you're ready which is generally 1-2 weeks. Progression slowed down for me going from 3 days to 4 so I had to take 3 weeks to make it to 4. After 4 I took about a month but I went straight from 4 days to 7 without even noticing it.

This kind of slow progression also slowly affects your shopping habits. When I started thinking "why even buy a box of cola when I can only drink it 3 days of the week" it was really easy for me to quit.

Linear progression aids all forms of strength be it physical or mental
>>
>>35188874
>>35189181
>>35188874
>Guys how do I stop getting sugar cravings
>eat sugar
>>
I have had literally 0 sugar cravings ever since I started eating 30g of peanut butter a day.

Correlation does not equal causation but I thought I'd throw it out there
>>
File: michelin_thinking.png (35 KB, 179x199) Image search: [Google]
michelin_thinking.png
35 KB, 179x199
>>35188802
Just don't get stressed
>>
>>35188802
>control sugar cravings
you pathetic jizzloaf of a human
>>
>>35190166
Fructose rather than glucose, but still bad. Different kind of bad, but it's definitely a much different kind of sugar than the refined shit. If you move to fruit, youll find it easier to wean yourself off altogether.
>>
>>35190166
>>35190953
Also, fruits come with actual micronutrients and a lot of fiber.
>>
File: 1437889088988.gif (2 MB, 219x169) Image search: [Google]
1437889088988.gif
2 MB, 219x169
the only proven and effective method for quitting any addiction is cold turkey

once you go about a month without sugar the craving drop immensely

on a side note i used to smoke and i really can't believe how akin a sugar addiction is to a nicotine addiction. my tinfoil hat feels like corporations put that shit in everything so we keep stuffing our faces and buying more
>>
>>35191214
>the only proven and effective method for quitting any addiction is cold turkey

[citation needed]
>>
>>35190898
ive actually been doing the same thing. i buy natural pb (not that sugary shit) and eat a spoon for dessert.
>>
I met op in world of warcraft. She played the same class as me and got really clingy about it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.