[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im fat and I want to change. What is a good weekly workout routine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 640x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 640x469
Im fat and I want to change. What is a good weekly workout routine for me to build muscle?
I know dieting is more important in the long run but I fear that without a good routine I'll lose more muscle than fat.

So far through dieting I've lost 18lbs but my push-ups and sit-ups have suffered. My bench and squats have suffered even more.
>>
>>35187846
SS + CARDIO + CUTFAM
>>
>>35188233
I know starting strength and cardio, but what is cutfam?

Also what is a sure fire way to eat below my daily caloric burn (tdee). I believe I currently eat well below it... which would account for the rapid loss.

Currently doing 1.5mile a day with pushups and situps
>>
>>35187846
>I know dieting is more important in the long run but I fear that without a good routine I'll lose more muscle than fat.
You won't. Starvation mode is a meme. You don't need to worry in the slightest if you have above 15% body fat and are eating more than 800Cal a day. The tolerances are probably even lower than that but if you're above those it shouldn't even be on your radar.

Eighteen pounds ain't shit for the start of a diet since you're fat, half or more of that is water weight, various assorted nonfat nonlbm weight and also literal shit since you're eating less and there is now less food sitting in your digestive tract.

Your lifts suffering is likely just glycogen stores being depleted.

If you're really really worried about it you could try intermittent fasting with a first small meal about an hour or two before your workout and a large meal within two hours (roughly) after your workout.

>>35188338
>Also what is a sure fire way to eat below my daily caloric burn (tdee). I believe I currently eat well below it... which would account for the rapid loss.
Count your calories. Use something like MyFitnessPal or FatSecret.
Get a food scale and weigh everything, don't use volumes for calculating servings (except for things where you're eating the entire package, like a can of soup.)
GET A FOOD SCALE.
>>
>>35188381
I'm eating roughly 1500 calories a day
Decent protein intake
Decent carb intake
Low fat intake

Chicken/wild rice combo example.

I think it may be the glycogen levels but I'm unsure.

I count my calories through the Samsung fit app that came with my phone. It is... touch and go honestly. I do need to buy a food scale though.

Currently 210lbs was 228lbs ( so I think that puts me at obese lvl bmi of ~30%)
>>
>>35188471
Up the fat intake.
>>
>>35188381
^^ this is the best option. IF is not magic but it makes cutting way easier if you like feeling full at night
>>
File: symmetrybreakfast8.jpg (101 KB, 721x721) Image search: [Google]
symmetrybreakfast8.jpg
101 KB, 721x721
>>35188554
So even macros all round? I thougt the mentality of the newer diets is to severely limit a macro (usually carbs) in order to promote burning.

>>35188660
I sleep fine as is due to 12hr academic days Monday - Thursday (Fridays I sleep all day) and weekends I pull long shifts at work (in which I walk a few miles)
>>
>read
>the
>fucking
>sticky
>>
>>35188804
Sticky states ss and caloric deficit.
>>
>>35188788
>So even macros all round? I thougt the mentality of the newer diets is to severely limit a macro (usually carbs) in order to promote burning.
No. Limit carbs (not to the point of keto, though, get minimum 60g a day) and the rest protein and fat, because this will make you less hungry.
>>
File: symmetrybreakfast1.jpg (92 KB, 721x721) Image search: [Google]
symmetrybreakfast1.jpg
92 KB, 721x721
>>35189725
60g a day in carb and rest in protein and fats, should the intake be 50/50 or protein higher than fat.

Also I hear .6g protein for each lb of fat... that seems a bit much at 210lbs.
>>
Similar question, what kind of difference does walking/standing around for 2 extra hours per day do when you're obese? I've started playing an instrument and I can't play it sitting down because of my belly, so I basically stand around for roughly 2 hours every single day now (while I'd usually sit in front of a computer or lie in bed instead). Will that help in some capacity?
>>
>>35187846
Here's a good workout anon, eat shit and die.
>>
>>35187846

Step 1
>Read the fucking sticky

Step 2
>Get your fatass to the gym

Ster 3
>Get your fatass to a nutritionist
>>
>>35191519
Come on, don't be CWC
>>
>>35192336
CWC?
>>
>>35192836

lurk more
>>
>>35187846
>I know dieting is more important in the long run but I fear that without a good routine I'll lose more muscle than fat.
This is not a concern for you, you are fat. Getting rid of the surplus fat is your main concern, the little muscle you have does not matter, and what potential little loss to that is even more insignificant.

It sounds like an excuse or something that will hinder your progress. Even unconscious self sabotage. "i am fat and i must lose weight, but i dont want to lose muscle mass so i cannot do this and that and this and that because that will make me lose muscle mass", those are two conflicting goals which will interfere with each other and you will end up failing. You do one thing and one thing only, you lose your fucking fat and worry about muscle later. Or not, do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>35192836
When questioned about exercise, he regarded standing up and playingGuitar Heroas exercise.[8]Needless to say, Chris is clearly delusional. In Chris'sPaRappa the Rappercontest entry, where he foolishly chose to dance, he seemed to get tired very easily from dancing for a mere 30 seconds and even stopped recording to take a break (evidenced by the abrupt change of position).
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.