[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any middle aged men on /fit/? Do you alter your training much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: cohen2_3386804b.jpg (183 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
cohen2_3386804b.jpg
183 KB, 620x387
Any middle aged men on /fit/? Do you alter your training much from the sticky?
>>
Go away dad
>>
>>35187113
The sticky is just a meme.
>>
>>35187505
Get the fuck off our lawns
>>
51 - just here to look at titty pics. Have not seen one single insight worth a shit on this board ever.
>>
>>35188814
Same here, a bit younger, only thing worth any value on fit is the high test threads
>>
>>35188814
20 - been here for 3 years went from fat to shredded just starting strength memeing my way through the gym. No advanced advice but this stuff is gold for noobs.
>>
>>35188814
what tf are you doing with ur life if your on this board at that age you old fuck go be old somewhere else
>>
>>35187113
40 here I haven't read the sticky and here's why

I played football in college, that's how I learned to lift.

Since then I've picked up enough injuries that no routine will ever work for me. So I train around my injuries and do what I need to do.

I used to lift weights exclusively but recently picked up running. Have done a few 5ks and it's the shit. Getting leaner and less bulky is my new goal. I don't care about PRs or having 18" arms any more.

The only thing I wish I could change about myself is I am super gray.
>>
>>35191890
40 here also. I just come here to troll these fucking kids. They don't know shit about anything and like most children they think they know everything. You can always get a rise out of them. They are so easy to predict.
>>
>>35192034
What's that ticking sound?
>>
34 here

I come for the fit tits, fat hate threads and the sticky.

Like the other anon said:
>No advanced advice but this stuff is gold for noobs.
>>
>>35191890
I am super gay too
>>
>>35188814

exactly.

what most of these kids here dont realize, is that they'll never ever come close to looking "aesthetic", or even lifting relatively respectable weights. 99.6% are destined to stay fat bloated weaklings, all the while asking why their SS rutine isnt working for them. It'sa proper lol, lol!
>>
>>35192107
lol!!!!!!! dyel?
>>
>>35192113

so youve stalled on SS?

wanna talk abt it?
>>
33 yo reporting in

The only good stuff in the sticky is what's been copy-pasted from reddit
I highly recommend /r/Fitness' wiki and related subreddits for reasonable routines

>>35189355
>this stuff is gold for noobs
No, this place is terrible for noobs; you just gave a go at SS, and that "could" be good for someone fat and completely inexperienced (hopefully you aren't following it after 3 whole years)

>>35191890
>super gray
Aside from taking anti oxidants there's little you can do, you can't force melanin - the only real way out is to dye your hair
I had a couple of white hairs popping out, they stopped once I started taking high doses of astaxanthin - it may be totally unrelated, but it won't hurt.
>>
>>35192126
no i never did SS
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>35192034
>>
>>35192131
>No, this place is terrible for noobs; you just gave a go at SS, and that "could" be good for someone fat and completely inexperienced (hopefully you aren't following it after 3 whole years)

You shouldn't still be doing SS after 3 weeks, let alone 3 years.

+1 on the reddit r/fitness too.
>>
>>35189386

Probably browsing at work while making 3x as much money as you make.
>>
>>35191890

That shit looks good on Clooney, David Byrne and Cooper Anderson, so don't sweat it.
>>
>>35192380
Yeah but I'm competing for the same girls you guys are. I want to bang a few 20-somethings before I settle down with a nice MILF.
>>
37 here, I do crossfit so I only come here for the recipe threads, fat hate and husbando pics. Workout advice given here is so consistently bad that I'd rather keep on doing my shit and learn good form from the oly competitors and coaches with an actual PE degree at my gym.
>>
>>35192131
>plebbit

I bet you just come here to shitpost you old fucking faggot
>>
40 here. Started lifting hard for the first time at 37. Mid-life crisis stuff (it will happen to you).

Followed a lot of stuff on here as starting point, the sticky, the advice, etc. Did SS to start, then Push/Pull/Legs. Had a seven-day schedule at one point. Progressed up to 1/2/3/4.

Then plateaued hard. Stuck at 2pl8 + 5/10 lbs plus for six or eight months. So I dropped down, started doing 12 rep sets of most things three days a week. I'm never going to aesthetic, but it keeps me in shape, helps stave off depression more than anything, and I look a fuckton better than other 40 year old guys.

I don't browse /fit/ much anymore, and when I do it's mainly for fat shaming, gym stories, high-test pics.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 983x1073) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 983x1073
>>35192168
>+1

Why are you even here?
>>
37 yo here

I did SS for 9 months then PHUL then Texas Method now back to PHUL. I don't sweat missing a day occasionally if I have a project due or other life stuff so long as I'm still making weekly progress. If something hurts I back off or take a break for that particular joint/part for a week or two.

Been lifting for nearly 2 years. Getting very close to 2/3/4 although I rarely ever test 1RM.

My diet is dirty bulk for 12-weeks then cut for about 8. I average probably 22%bf and have been steadily increasing weight from 195 to 220.
>>
>>35192656
>33
>old
I remember when I was a teen and thought 30 was old
30-something is a wonderful age for a man, kiddo
>>
File: doomkek.png (38 KB, 143x141) Image search: [Google]
doomkek.png
38 KB, 143x141
>>35189386
>he thinks he can ever leave this cesspool
>>
>>35192832
Being 33 doesn't make you exempt from being a leddit loving cocksucker
>>
If you're after real training advice then /fit is literally the last place you should come.

The truth is, is that finding decent lifting knowledge means keeping abreast of a lot of various sites spanning all sorts of training disciplines.
You can sometimes learn more abt lifting from a running resource than you can formthe fluff and pump pl or bbing sites.
>>
>>35192782

Do you do all the exercises recommended by PHUL? It looks like you do 7 exercises per session which seems like insane volume to me, unless the lifter is on roids.
>>
>>35187113
33 here. Never lifted before at 30. 295 bench 400x2 DL, 175 Strict Press now.

I dont squat heavy weights because it sounds like a pussy getting fucked, but aside from that I changed very little. I also find that I NEED rest days, ABxAB type stuff has injured me several times, and I really hurt my sternum doing weighted dips.

There is little use in anything outside the sticky or /plg/ here for me anymore, I prefer /lit/ and /vg/, and fat hate threads.
>>
>>35187113
Implying everyone here follows the sticky routine.
I'm 38, I've been lifting since I was about 16, and I honestly feel bad for anyone who takes training advice from the sticky. The problem with routines like SS, 5x5 and the sticky stuff is that unless you're a complete fucking noob you can't just blindly follow a routine someone else created. You need to find what works for you and what you like. I can't do bench press because of a rotator cuff injury, but dips are no problem for me. I can't do squats because of some bad discs in my back, but I can leg press 550 pounds pain free. How can you follow a routine made by someone who doesn't know you or your goals?
>>
>>35194491

There's not a single professional athlete who makes his money from his sport who uses SS or SL or whatever variant of that program is the current fashion.

A bro split is infinitely more tweakable for a person's needs than rippleturd's rubbish.
>>
>>35187113
Yeah, but I'm only trolling manlets here
>>
>>35194104
>>35194104
I do all exercises but usually only 3-4 sets for power and 3 sets for hypertrophy. I actually would like to do more volume but try to keep gym time to 50-70 minutes.

It doesn't take long to adapt to the volume.
>>
>>35194554
SS and SL are beginner programs. Of course elite athletes aren't doing them. Are you retarded?
>>
>>35192656

>33

>old

he's going to take your 21 year old girls and you cant do a fucking thing about it, you 16 year old autist.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.