[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /fit/ feel about bodyweight training?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
How does /fit/ feel about bodyweight training?
>>
If done right it can lead to some decentgains and cool poses.

If done wrong, like anything like your pic, it will lead to nothing.
>>
>>35186768
I do it. It's gotten me from skinny as shit to ottermode so I feel pretty positive about it
>>
>>35186816
Nice meme :^)
>>
>>35186806
Any advice?
>>
>>35186986
As with any training method you need to progress in force output to improve. You don't get that by doing 100 rep pushup sets.

Read 'Overcoming Gravity'.
>>
I think a combination of lifting and bodyweight traning is the best. You can look aesthetic and still beable to actually use your body for something cool
>>
>lats are now abs

into the trash
>>
File: 1447841228986.jpg (170 KB, 700x936) Image search: [Google]
1447841228986.jpg
170 KB, 700x936
>>35186768
protip neila rey is a hack
>>
>>35187285
Thank you based anon
>>
>>35186768
anyone have a good routine for bodyweigth ?
i visit the family for 3week and no gym ...
>>
>>35186768
Its different to weight training 9/10 times, the average person will get their goals faster doing weights. Weights are better for most people, simply because they are easier to microload and take less prep-work, skill work and time. People find that bodyweight training is either too difficult to progress, don't see any progress, or think its endless rounds of basic skills for endurance.

I love it and I do calisthenics preferentially to weights: though I do both. I like the skill elements, I like the integrated mobility that comes as part of it, I like the demands of balance, and I think it fits really well with parkour and other disciplines I'm interested in.
>>
>>35187467
An easy to follow one with passable results/programming is the r/bodyweightfitness recommended routine. Start-bodyweight routine is also passable.

otherwise check the bodyweight general thread over at /asp/ for more complex routines. If you want something simple, do the r/bodyweight one. Pretty balanced, 3 sessions a week.
>>
>>35186768
go to /asp/
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.