[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Do I Start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 3.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
3.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
Signed up for gym membership today. Plan to go after work everyday right away. Hope to commit to at least an hour while I'm there.

Any advice? Starting fresh here..
>>
>>35185987
why do you people do this
>>
>>35185987
>guys l am gym

>what now
>>
Don't overdo it, 99% chance you'll quit in a month if you do.
>>
>>35185987
A good thread died so that this one might live. Read the sticky and quit being a faggot.
>>
Just wanted any extra advice from subject matter experts here... Sorry if the thread is repetitive.
>>
>>35186032
>Just wanted any extra advice from subject matter experts here

IiteraIIy just spit water aII over my fucking screen
>>
After reading these posts, You're all a disappointment

SS + GOMAD
>>
>>35186032
son you just waltzed into the biggest shit show in the fitness industry.
best advice i have for you starting out is to be mindful of your diet and work out to the point of discomfort on all exercises.
most important thing is to leave your pride at the door, take the time to learn to lift properly, and realize from the get-go that you're in it for the long term
once you get more used to lifting and become more knowledgeable on the subject matter, your drive will increase and gainz will follow
>>
>>35186032
It's ok.
>>35186005
this^, also work on compound movements and make sure to focus on form. Don't worry if you're not lifting as much weight as everyone else, you're only competing with yourself and you want to keep that form tite. Once you focus on your form you should do full range of motion with good form. Practicing good form is good form when it comes to lifting weights. You'll make it.
>>
>>35185987
You'll want to go home early/quit your routine often early on.

Don't.
>>
My four step recipe to making beginner gains

Have a plan
Lift more every week
Use perfect form
Eat all the food
>>
don't go every day, your body needs rest
follow SS
be sexier in 6 months
be really sexy in 18 months
>>
Squat your bodyweight. Just load up 2pl8 and go bananas.
>>
>>35185987
Most of fitness is dedication and consistency. You absolutely can not miss the gym. Every fat person who used to be thin stopped exercising one day and never started again, don't let that day ever pass, not even once. Even on days you can't get there, keep some sweats and a t-shirt in the car and go run two miles, anything to keep you engaged with exercise, except on designated rest days.
>>
Take things slowly and if you're having trouble with an exercise check YouTube for tutorials.

Just immerse yourself in the culture and enjoy it and you'll stay motivated. Don't be afraid to shitpost here and spout memes and don't be afraid to watch fitness YouTubers.
>>
I wish I had taken a before picture to compare it to where I'm at 6 months later. You could do it to keep yourself motivated.
>>
>>35186485
This.
Also, bring a good pair of sandals so you can plant your feet firmly flat on the ground
>>
>>35186421

Eat all the food only if you are 14 yo skinny teenager. I guess for 99 percent americans advice should be reverse. Also overeating in either case just gonna make you another fat fuck who lifts. Like blaha.
>>
>>35186520

This desu senpai. The more I shit post on /fit/, re-watch pumping iron, and read routines and shit, the more hyped I stay to go to the gym
>>
>>35186420
You will think people are looking at you, they aren't. Don't stop going after a month without seeing much, it's a persistence thing. Giving up only cheats yourself. Be dedicated and it's the greatest payoff on earth.
>>
>>35186748
Uh, I'm not OP
>>
Thanks for all of the advice. Wasn't able to reply due to bf bitching me out. I'll take time to make notes of all of the advice you gave. Anyways, you guys give me the motivation to make myself better, even when some people just want to beat me down. ~OP
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.