[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
time to go vegan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13
File: Screenshot_2015-12-09-11-55-25.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-09-11-55-25.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
The king has spoken. Or has he just gone crazy?
>>
>>35185213
>stop eating meat
This would be so easily solvable if murrilards weren't so afraid of eating sheep and non-kosher meats like pork.

The actual problem is the industrialized raising of cattle for meat, not meat eating in and of itself.
>>
File: 4144915532247222895.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
4144915532247222895.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>35185213
Another snap shot of the article
>>
>>35185233
You could still eat all the beef you wanted if smarter agricultural strategies were employed.
>>
Arnie is irrelevant to /fit/.
>>
>>35185257
That may very well be, I'm not an expert on the subject.

However, I also think it would be good to expand your diet purely for culinary reasons also. I'm not an American myself, but it's quite astounding how much beef you guys manage to pack away when looking at the stats. I grew up eating beef maybe once a month or so.
>>
I find it funny how some people think "hypocrite" is a counter argument.

If you open up an ice cream and through the packaging away on the public floor, and someone comes along, slits your mothers throat, takes a shit on the ground and tells you it's wrong to throw trash on the floor, he's just as right about it as if he did none of those things.
>>
>>35185276
Never take fitness advice from Arnold, he's a real piece of shit when it comes to misleading people
>>
>Caring what a roiding politician says
>>
>>35185291
What has he done? I haven't payed any attention to him in 5 years
>>
>>35185291
>Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices.
>>
>>35185289
wuh?
>>
>take large amount of steroids and eat meat 300 times a day
>consequences of your actions start to set in
>ok guys you gotta stop eating meat now
>>
>tfw mostly eat chicken and pork because beef is expensive here
No fucks given
>>
>>35185317
He's saying that something that is wrong is wrong regardless of whether or not the person telling you its wrong does it.
>>
>>35185213
Eat less = STOP EATING

murica...
>>
>>35185348
If you looked up the article and read it you would see he starts off saying less and ends saying stop eating meat. I didnt link it because I'm not going to shill for them
>>
I just ate 400 grams of bacon and six large eggs. 1800 calories.

Fuck your conscience
>>
>>35185348
Also if you look at the time of the screen shot you would know I'm not American
>>
>>35185397
The title says "Stop eating," foreigner.
>>
>>35185376
You sound like a meathead :^)
>>
>>35185376
fuck you are cholesterol too, am i right?
>>
>>35185213
Arnold is a genius, so both in the interest of the planet and the interest of creating publicity for himself, it makes sense that he would come out and take a liberal stance on a hot topic like veganism.

This is pretty cool.

I guarantee you he is just doing this for publicity though- he has a reputation for being a scumbag who will do whatever it takes.
>>
>>35185233
I've never heard of Americans ever having a problem with eating pork

I don't think anyone is afraid of eating sheep either, I think it's delicious. It's just not a widely-available meat like beef and chicken are here
>>
>>35185522
My point was that you have staggeringly high beef consumption, a lot of which could be alleviated by diversifying your diets.

And I hung out with an American exchange student once and she had literally never tasted lamb before, which I found extremely strange.
>>
>>35185546
We don't eat lamb in America. You're the strange one here.
>>
>>35185572
Well, why?

It's good meat and easy to raise, sheep is also very nice.
>>
>>35185213
Out of context. He was talking about those weird processed meat factories which produce a hell of polluters. I was at the conference and basically he talked really well, adressed a lot of issues which should be talked about. The meat part was about how people could substitute meat with other sources of protein if needed. The main subject of his talk at that part was actually about sustainable consumption but of course shit media like BBC flocked upon the sensational part of it.

Protip: If an article you read claims an expert and she is from Uni of Reading-ie.nowhere- and is not actually well-cited then that article is actually a click-bait.
>>
>>35185291
Arnie's advice on fitness is average at not applicable to many people.

However, his advice on habits, motivation and dedication should be listened to by everyone.
>>
>>35185583

Because I am not a goat fucker terrorist
>>
>>35185375
I've read the article and he never said you should stop eating meat.

"28% of the greenhouse gasses come from eating meat and from raising cattle, so we can do a much better job."
lowering that to 14% would make a difference i guess.
>>
>>35185611
/thread
>>
>>35185632
Lamb and sheep have been a staple of the mountainous areas of the nordic countries for at least a millennium lad.
>>
>>35185662

Yes hence me not being mudslime GOAT fucker
>>
>>35185662
>Nordic countries

Implying the vikings weren't the most vicious Christian hating terrorists that ever lived.

US-World
1-0
>>
File: 1.jpg (534 KB, 1263x575) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
534 KB, 1263x575
>>35185632
>Had a series of mentaI break downs

>Dat hideous Mexi he messed with

>Owes her for the totaI of her house, chiId support for the kids totaIing over 65k a month, his wife's house and his home

>Has a series of debt apparentIy and has to do a bunch of side work incIuding his being more heaviIy invoIved in moving his products at chess tournaments

>RapidIy putting out aII of these books he IiteraIIy hasn't written a word in being represented as his techniques, work outs, etc

Pic reIated for any guIIibIe vegikucks
>>
>>35185213

as much as i love the guy he can go get fucked on this matter, he spent his life eating meat and getting gains from it, and is like 10-20 years from keeling over and dying, how convenient for him to start saying this shit after he's had a life time of enjoying it.

sorry Arnold but it's our turn now, so get fucked.
>>
File: NoneOfMyBusiness.jpg (83 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
NoneOfMyBusiness.jpg
83 KB, 640x640
Oh, now that Arnold promotes a communist ideological meme diet, suddenly now he's right?

Why the fuck aren't you faggots training high volume bodypart splits like he said? Why aren't you doing 10/8/6/4 for compounds followed by 5x10 for isolations with EVERY set taken to failure? Why aren't you failing deadlifts on the 4th rep every back day? Why aren't you doing LISS cardio and running on the beach to get shredded?

Why the fuck is Arnold suddenly right about the most retarded shit ever, yet /fit/ thinks he's dead wrong about everything that actually matters?

No wonder all of you faggots look like absolute shit. Arnold even laughed about faggots like you in his Blueprint series, he said openly that most people in the gym look like shit and it's because they train retardedly, well news flash faggots, HE WAS TALKING ABOUT YOU.

He even slammed your idiot memelord 5x5 programs in Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding and explicitly warned everyone not to fall for the meme.

...But that's none of my business.
>>
File: King Sigurd the Crusader.jpg (47 KB, 370x228) Image search: [Google]
King Sigurd the Crusader.jpg
47 KB, 370x228
>>35185696
>implying every nordic country exempting Finland weren't professing christians by the 11th century
>>
>>35185746
The only thing I implied was:

V I K I N G S
I
K
I
N
G
S
>>
>>35185697
Golden One and Begen Gains are both mentally ill and have delusions of grandeur. I totally trust that both of them stick to their diets and don't just herald them for views.

Hodgetwins are a bit childish, so I don't put it past them to stop eating red meat and poutry for the most part, when they can still feast on buttermilk biscuits and pancakes to their hearts' delight.

Arnold is a master manipulator and it's no surprise that he is speaking out against reducing environmental impacts from the meat industry if it will give him a moment of fame.
>>
>>35185697
Your picture points out the hodge twins are full of shit

>>35185724
"son you shouldn't smoke, its bad for you" "But daaaaaad you smoked your whole life, now it's my turn"
>>
>>35185846
It looks like he's just using them to exemplify the thousands of hype train faggots bullshitting for views.

>EAT 8 PIZZAS AND 40 BANANS AND LOSE FAT QUICKLY

>JOIN THE LIFESTYLE!

>BUY MY SHIRT!

>WATCH ME!

>WATCH ME!

>NEW VIDEO

>CHECK IT OUT

>WATCH ME

Fucking same shit everywhere.

Smoking is way different from steaks btw, very stupid comparison.
>>
>>35185311

He has always given bad lifting/fitness advice because he never wanted anyone to reach what he did
>>
>title says stop eating meet
>article says eat less meat

Well which the fuck is it?

All things in moderation sure.
>>
>>35185312
It was a docu-drama. As he said in an interview - the training was real, the competition and who won was real, the characters and the story were created to make it more interesting.
>>
File: platz.jpg (73 KB, 516x800) Image search: [Google]
platz.jpg
73 KB, 516x800
>>35185921

Yeah that's why every bodybuilder who actually looks good gives very similar advice. It's all a big conspiracy to make sure you look like shit!

They're all prescribing high volume programs and laughing on their way to the bank while they secretly do 5x5 powerlifting programs with no accessory work and eat like fat, wide retards on a permabulk as a lifestyle choice.

Pic related, you know these quads were built with nothing but 5x5 squats once a week!

All the dozens of witness accounts of what the training was really like were just part of the conspiracy!
>>
>>35185696
>defining virtue as following a middle-eastern religion in the same sentence you insult vikings for being "too middle-eastern"
>>
>>35185981
>!

>!

>!

CaIm down. lt's not sarcasm you're using here, it's autism.
>>
>>35186021
But people need to know about the elite bodybuilders' evil conspiracy to keep people weak and ugly!

Praise Allah we have The Prophet Rippetoe (pbuh) to guide us through their lies.
>>
>>35185889
>lots of concern about red meat
>hardly anyone notices plague of narcissism
>>
>>35185981
dont forget these guys were also on a shit ton of steroids while most people here are natty. If you are on steroids you could prob just sit around and play with your dick at the gym and still make better gains then someone who is training natty.
>>
>>35186086
Is that why Jason Blaha, who openly admits to using steroids, looks like absolute dog shit?

That faggot looks like chris chan with a beard despite all his unapologetic steroid use.

You still sure about what you just said?
>>
>>35185981
>implying those quads were built by a special training regimen
>>
File: Blaha.png (502 KB, 1279x714) Image search: [Google]
Blaha.png
502 KB, 1279x714
>>35186099

Through the power of shitty 5x5 programs and steroids, you too can look like this!

...Seriously faggots, start to have a breakthrough. If this fat mouth breathing dough bear's existence isn't proof that 5x5 isn't so shitty that even steroid use can't salvage a 5x5 physique, I don't know what is.

THINK, damn you!
>>
>>35186099
He said "you couId prob" meaning not 100%

>Iearn to read

You're embarrassing yourseIf.
>>
File: Yellow king.jpg (106 KB, 779x655) Image search: [Google]
Yellow king.jpg
106 KB, 779x655
>>35185508
>eggs
>cholesterol

Do some research before speaking you fucking dimwit.

pic related, your idol who really cares about his cholesterol intake.
>>
>>35185889
"Pic reIated for any guIIibIe vegikucks" it seems like he is attacking vegetarians.

I thought the coparison was obvious except that smoking is bad for your healt and eating a lot meat is bad for earths healt.
>>
>>35186099
Blaha has lost a lot of his gains since being bedridden for whatever unknown reason.
He was a big guy and still IS decently sized, but he's fat as fuck and has bad insertions.

You can dose steroids to the point where you'll make greater gains sitting on your ass than a natty lifter working his butt off at the gym 5 days a week.
The thing is, at some point that 500mg Test E would fail to produce any more growth, at which point you would need to start actually lifting OR raise the dose of steroids.
>>
>>35186157
Do all vegans turn yellow or is VG just a freak?
>>
>>35186131
Dude Blaha is just garbage.
You will look just fine on a 5x5 assuming you don't overeat.
I love when people like you miss the point of what a 5x5 is for though. It's for strength. Then you can use that strength on a more hypertrophy based program to a greater effect than if you were to just start out with a brosplit and stay there
>>
>>35185213
Who cares? He's another brainwashed Hollywood liberal. He spent the past weekend at the Paris climate change meeting, it's no surprise he's going full vegi fag too
>>
>>35186131
If by 5x5 you mean Starting Strength, I thought it was widely understood SS isn't a hypertrophy regimen.
>>
File: 1447666844656.jpg (13 KB, 326x272) Image search: [Google]
1447666844656.jpg
13 KB, 326x272
>>35186172
As far as I recall it's because of consuming too many carrots, and also might be due to B12 deficiency.

Not all, but quite a few turn yellow.
>>
>>35186157

>eggs AND BACON

Not that eggs aren't bad by themselves
>>
>>35186164
>earth's health
that's superstition.

I think this is a secular cult.
>>
>>35186164

>thought the coparison was obvious except that smoking is bad for your healt and eating a lot meat is bad for earths healt.

Eating a lot of meat is bad for your own health too. Rising healthcare costs are another reason why cutting down on meat is necessary.
>>
I dont believe blaha is on roids he never said that he is using them right now , correct me if im wrong
>>
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diet-and-climate-change-cooking-up-a-storm/
>>
>>35186157
why would anyone want to look like they belong in the simpsons
>>
>>35186254
>cutting down on meat is necessary
>necessary

>tumbIer >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>35186280

>help me, I've been "triggered"
>>
>>35186263
Blaha is now on testosterone replacement therapy because he used steroids (perhaps recklessly) and became low test and sexually sterile due to his endogenous hormone production coming to a halt.
>>
>>35186300
Does TRT restore rest levels to normal natty test levels , or does it raise it above that? ( if anyone knows)
>>
>>35186291
>heIp me, my tumbIer isn't changing anyone's minds
>>
>>35186326
Normal is relative, but your doctor would likely put you on a dose that would normalize your T towards the middle or top of the normal range.

The normal range is roughly 300ng/dl to 1000 ng/dl, with 1000 being extremely high, 99th percentile, and 300 being extremely low, about average for a 90 year old man.
>>
File: pro-choice-baby.jpg (29 KB, 337x400) Image search: [Google]
pro-choice-baby.jpg
29 KB, 337x400
Arnie's advice sounds a bit like pic related, tbqh fäm
>>
File: alllives.jpg (55 KB, 617x527) Image search: [Google]
alllives.jpg
55 KB, 617x527
>>35186446
pretty much
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 278x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 278x350
He lost his gains, now he wants you to lose yours. Arnold has always been a competitive guy.
>>
>>35186278
yellow is the new white :^)
>>
>>35185632
he said lamb not goat you fucking hick
>>
>Ever taking Schwarsenegger's advice seriously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nHHky2ufDU
>>
>>35185213
BEEF
>>
>>35186661
Nothing wrong with eating goat. You can buy fattened up kids from goat dairy farms for pretty cheap.
>>
Reminder, Arnold took bunch of cynthol and steroids during those times.

I don't understand how he's not brain dead and he's even a governor now.
>>
>>35187279
>l don't understand how he's even a guverner now.

Just remember, he had to be voted into that position.
>>
WELL ARNOLD WHERE ARE WE GONNA PUT ALL THOSE ANIMALS IN FARMS?
what a fucking dumb fuck
>>
>>35186801
WATERY LEAF
>>
>>35185213
ITT nothing but denialist faggots spounting fallacious ad hominem like it somehow justifies their utterly shit diet choices. Is that really the best you faggots can do?
>>
>>35188060
If we were all to stop eating meat to "save the planet" what are we going to do with the billions of fucking animals?
>>
this fad needs to stop
>>
>>35188075
Well seeing as it's an impossibility that the world would switch to 0 animal product consumption this isn't even something to consider. It's called a gradual process, supply and demand, do you understand how the world works or what.
>>
>>35188075
>If we were all to stop eating meat

Not an issue. lt wiII never happen.
>>
>>35188118
cool opinion bro
>>
>>35188115
You're right, I can't think of anything else to say. I hadn't thought of it like that, funny enough.
>>
>>35188205
I fail to see how the decline of jews correlates to this disucssion whatsoever, but feel free to keep reaching.
>>
>>35188075
I'll eat some of them so they don't go to waste
>>
He's just being a cunt now that his prime is over.

Fucker can cut down on the mansions, jets, cars, etc.. to save the planet too but he's not going to.
>>
File: 1326442552251.jpg (68 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1326442552251.jpg
68 KB, 680x680
>Implying I give a shit about the planet
>Implying I give a shit about anything other than myself and my gains
>Implying I give a shit if third world scum starve to death

Eating close to a kilo of chicken for my post workout meal as i type this
>>
>>35188253
Straight up. While I mostly agree with what he's saying, Arnie is just doing this to satisfy his own infalted fucking ego. The guy's a straight narcissist. Environmental activism is just another thing to tick off his list of impressive achievements, he doesn't actually give a single shit about it, just like he never gave a fuck about politics or movies.
>>
>>35186157
Why is he green? Is it because of all the vegetables that he's eaten?
>>
>>35188259
What about cancer, heart disease and diabetes? Do you care about getting those or
>>
>reduce worlds population
>save the planet

That's how it should be done.
>>
>>35188357

not really. live fast die young bro.

>wanting to be an old fuck
>not wanting to die in a third world sauna and be immortalized on the internet
>>
>>35188357
You forgot to finish your sentence.
>>
>>35185291
>yfw you realize Arnold has been sabotaging the bodybuilding world for decades so that no man would ever take his place.

Cheeky breeky bastard
>>
>>35185213
I agree on eating less meat, which is what the article says and not the clickbait title.
Americans eat like 40 chicken nuggets, a double quarter pounder, an entire sheep and 6 more cows every day each. You can still have meat but have more vairiety damn it
>>
>>35185329
In all honesty Arnold has aged very well. When my grandfather was Arnie's current age, he couldn't walk farther than 10 feet without a cane. That's what a life full of functional strength and physical labor will give you: horrible physical condition in your twilight years.
>>
>>35185376
>article is about eating beef
>bacon and eggs, B&E

Reading isn't one of your hobbies, is it?

However, I will add in that I'm posting this after eating a steak dinner with a side of grilled chicken.
>>
>>35185697
Fun fact: you can reduce acne by taking in more Vitamin A-rich foods such as mangos, kale, several varieties of fish, or by taking a Vitamin A supplement. Most acne treatments that work (Accutane for example) include derivatives of Vitamin A.

Daily reminder to get your vitamins.
>>
>>35185743
This. Arnold may have taken steroids, but his impressive physique owes more to his routine than his cycles.
>>
If we bioengineered animals so they're born with only the part of the brain that regulates the heart and lungs, then attatch them to feeding machines and let them grow until they're big enough for slaughter, would that be okay for vegans to eat?

Because that is probably how it's going to be in the future.
>>
>>35185743
When I go diddylifts to failure, I usually end up at either 6 or 1, with very little in between. Today, I broke a PR for 1 rep max, but then did a set of 6 with only 20lbs less. 295 (counting bar at 45lb) 1RM, but 275 for 6. Is it just because I'm DYEL? 4 months in for barbell training.
>>
>>35185213
was it meat or dbol that made him have heart surgery? its in to say steroids are healthy, and some vegan PR company is making massive pushes towards the fitness community lately so i guess it mustve been the meat
>>
>>35188863
vegans are kantians who think animals have free will
>>
>>35186326

From what I understand, most people on TRT dose to the upper end of the natty range (near 1,000 ng/Dl)
>>
>>35185213

transitioning atm
>>
>>35186254
>meat consumption has gone down while all of the diseases "caused" by meat have gone up
>somehow it's still meats fault
>increased sugar consumption, decreased activity, more processed grains based foods, and rampant obesity are never even considered as factors

Yeah sure.
>>
>>35185233
I don't think anyone's afraid of that, I actually like lamb a lot but its not widely stocked in stores at least where I live. Pork is pretty commonly eaten, however we just like beef better
>>
>>35185291
>>35185311
He only did that shit when he was competing. Once he retired his advice got better until a few years ago when he started shilling his products hard (see: The Blueprint) and willing to hop on memes if the pay or publicity was right.
>>
>>35188863
Meat eaters wiII continue to be the majority in the future.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.