[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4 day split for beginners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13
File: rKnlGe1.jpg (108 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
rKnlGe1.jpg
108 KB, 604x604
Is this 4 day split worth a shit for a beginner? http://bodybuildingindex.com/4-day-split-workout-for-building-muscle/
>>
not enough frequency. Ditch it.
>>
Push Pull Legs instead.
>>
>>35182881
>you will never be the god-emperor of Chads for whom these pics were posed for and taken
Why even live.
>>
>>35182881
wtf is wrong with women
>>
>>35182881
I'm not usually one to knock on splits just because many people dislike them, but that routine is just plain bad for several reasons. That "shoulder day" is particularly dumb.
>>
>>35183223
There is nothing wrong with women if you drop the egalitarian bullshit you probably don't think you believe. Girls flaunt their bodies, inviting men to compete to be the toughest they can be so those women can raise the best children possible. They're doing the whole human race a favor by being so desirable, and you have the nerve to bitch about it because you want a nut and can't get one at the moment. Women are so honest about what they want that men can't believe it and assume they must be fucking with us, but it's right there: I've got what you want, come and get it if you're man enough and we'll both enjoy it.
>>
>>35182881
definitively not asking for it
>>
>>35183258
Not that guy, but why is a "shoulder day" bad?
>>
>>35183676
>>35183661
>>
>>35183219
>you will never be instagram
>you will never be twitter
>tfw no alpha social media api sentinent spreading ur seeds to billions of devices getting all the freshest and best pussy on the daily
>tfw human
>>
>>35182881

red shorts is pretty high tier but the brunette on the far right still wins
>>
>>35183219

get fit as fuck

post pics, get pics in return

become chad himself
>>
>>35183679
it's not bad it's just sort of stupid. shoulders are used in some capacity is many compound lifts so having a whole day dedicated to shoulder iso seems sort of retarded. just like people that want to do an "ab day". your abs are there to help stabilize you during real exercises, iso is pointless.

people here will shitpost and disagree, the reality is that if you're doing a 5-6 day split sure have an ab day a shoulder day a wrist day who cares, if you're doing compounds you don't need any of that shit
>>
>>35183727
That sounds reasonable. Thanks man.
>>
>>35183661
i coulnd't even get through all this drivel.
>>
starting with a strength routine is not a meme but if you insist on doing something else i suggest push pull legs. it's very versatile. Use coolcicada's or KS98's ppl as a template depending on goals
>>
>>35182881
this split is what you'd call full retard
>>
File: mynigga.jpg (35 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
mynigga.jpg
35 KB, 375x523
>>35183764
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>35183764
Girls act like hoes to attract guys to sift through so they can fuck the most able ones. This drives men to compete and do more worthwhile things than jacking it and playing vidya. Faulting women for not just doing all that worthwhile stuff themselves is pointless, like hating bears for shitting in the woods.
>>
>>35183679
Shoulder days arent bad per se, it's the fact that the one on that website had 3 exercises for front delts, only 1 for side delts and none for rear delts.
>>
that routine is retarded
>back and biceps
>first exercise i shit you not
>wide-grip pullups: 4 sets to failure
>4 deadlift sets
>5 other shit exercises
fuark man. just do a normal routine instead of a magazine-tier GET FIT FOR THE HOLIDAYS gimmick that some dude getting $10/hr produced just to keep his job
>>
>ywn pull aside their panties and stick your nose up their shit holes

There goes my nofap.
>>
A:
Bench 3x5
Shoulder accessory 5x10
Shoulder accessory 5x10
Abs/calves

B:
Squat 3x5
Back accessory 5x10
Back accessory 5x10
Bis/tris

C:
Ohp 3x5
Chest accessory 5x10
Chest accessory 5x10
Abs/calves

D:
Deadlift 1x5
Leg accessory 5x10
Leg accessory 5x10
Bis/tris

Run this after a few months of SS. The first compound will help strength keep increasing each week once you can't keep up with SS's 3x a week squat increase and 1.5x a week others. Every body part gets hit twice a week, the routine boils down to back/legs and chest/shoulders.

Run SS for like 3 months before you do this though, if you can increase all your lifts fast as fuck on SS there's no point waiting around increasing them once a week on this routine, SS will get a lot of shit here but I can't think of a way to get you strong nice and fast like it does.
>>
>>35183661
Maybe if YOU stopped with egalitarian bullshit of thinking we are "all human beans" you would know that we aren't all "equal".

Europeans are for each other, as with the Other Races. Miscegenation is dsygenic as fuark. Take Vegan Stains as an example.
>>
>>35182881
MYY DIICKK BYE BYE NOFAP SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE SOURCE GOOGLE GIVES ME NOTHING
>>
>>35183661
>>35183661

>Women are so honest about what they want that men can't believe it and assume they must be fucking with us, but it's right there: I've got what you want, come and get it if you're man enough and we'll both enjoy it.

So so much this. Gotta love how neckbeards will complain about not being able to get laid and how women are so confusing and not upfront, and then call these girls undesirable sluts. Its like you say, girls like this are saying come and get it if you're a man. You cannot be more upfront than that. Betas need to realize that girls acting like this is a good thing, its an invitation to step up. Girls like this will not work for you to fuck them, they don't have to. They want you to be a man and come get them. Its the way the world works.

As much as feminism has created batshit insane people, thanks to it girls are now free to act this way and be open about wanting sex. 75 years ago these girls would be put in a mental institution. Thanks to feminism we now don't have to get married at 20 just to get laid.
>>
>>35183980

Not poster, but I urge you to read again. His sentiment is the opposite of "all human beans, all equal". He points out biological differences in men and women and argues that you should hold women to the same standard that you do other men. Congrats on getting the point 100% wrong
>>
>>35183690
>you must have a lot of friends.
>>
>>35184300
he would if he was Instagram or Twitter or Facebook
>>
>>35184469

e-friends != real friends

but talking to girls is talking to girls so whatever
>>
>>35183661
>so those women can raise the best children possible

Those women aren't interested in raising 'the best children possible'.

They just want to 'party' and have 'fun' at others expense as long as they can sustain such a lifestyle.
>>
>>35183219
Bruh ;_____;
>>
>>35184469

bravo, anon
>>
>>35184560
Yeah that's what birth control is for

He's talking about in the greater biological scheme of things. Evolution dictates that they have the urge to fuck the best men possible to produce the best offspring possible

Their idea of 'fun' is fucking the best possible mate
>>
>>35182881
>When your goal is to build muscle, there is one factor that takes precedence over everything else in your weight training: The intensity of your sets. The intensity here refers to the amount of optimal tension you put on your muscle during your training session. And your ability to train at a high level is best achieved when you train each muscle group once a week at a high intensity.

What a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1358643406180.jpg (2 KB, 126x101) Image search: [Google]
1358643406180.jpg
2 KB, 126x101
>>35183764
kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>35183764
>can't read

what a fucking retard
>>
>>35183219
they took it for instagram or twitters or something, idiot
>>
>>35184560
They'll have kids eventually though (practically all women do) and the more men want them, the more likely they are to find a high quality mate. Like the other guy said, the drive to fuck hot girls motivates men even if it's not always procreative. That should be apparent from this board.
>>
>>35184018
That would be great if it weren't for the fact that sex-negative feminism is the dominant strain. It simultaneously ignores any sexual element of women's choices, actions or appearance and chastises heterosexual men for acting on their sexual desire.
>>
>>35185173
>being this much of a pussy
Just stop complaining and crush some puss. If you actually get berated for crushing puss, then you're ugly and need to work on that.
>>
>>35185204
the only people who will berate you for crushing pussy are jealous underlings whose opinions should be meaningless to you
>>
this is the 4 day split i do

leg/chest/tri (heavy compound lifts, low reps)
back/shoulder/bi (heavy compound lifts, low reps)

leg/chest/tri (light isolation lifts, higher reps)
back/shoulder/bi (light isolation lifts, higher reps)

15min of cardio after

pretty much always do squats, deadlifts, bench and ohp, alternating barbell/dumbell. and i always switch up the accessory lifts.
>>
>>35185265
That and girls who don't think you're attractive will try to put you down if they realize you're getting laid, which was what I meant about being ugly.
>>
>>35185285
How has it been working for you? Care to share stats and pic?
>>
File: backprog435643.png (537 KB, 628x349) Image search: [Google]
backprog435643.png
537 KB, 628x349
>>35185341
pic of on left was from summer 2014, and pic right spring 2015 so it was roughly a year. and those were taken when I was cutting.
I used to be fat so i always focus on staying lean so i dont really eat as much as I should. I dont really remember my weight that well but i think the before was around 145ish bf i wanna say like 12% and after pic i think i was at about 155-160ish 10-12% bf
>>
File: solaire.jpg (8 KB, 182x200) Image search: [Google]
solaire.jpg
8 KB, 182x200
>>35185285
>>35185433

could you write this out maybe?

Your Progress looks nice and I want to look if I should adapt some of my stuff.
>>
>>35185433
forgot to mention before pic i would on do one muscle groups once a week. for me hitting each muscle twice a week works.
>>
>>35185301
O yeah i see what you mean now

>caring about what girls think about you
>>
>>35185433
Looking good.
>>
>>35185433
get out you jihad fuck, no ones gonna notice ur gains when u go kaboom
>>
>>35182881
Candito linear routine
>>
>>35185450
it would be a lot to type out, but its typically like this

heavy days would look like this
not including warm ups
squat 3x5
2 other accessory exercises (usually leg extension/hamsting curls)
dumbell flat press 3x5
dumbell incline press 3x5
flyes(either machine or cable)
skullcrushers 3x5
some other tri workout i feel like doing

then 15 min of cardio, usually in the gym for about 1.5-2 hours
>>
>>35183799
>Faulting women for not just doing all that worthwhile stuff themselves is pointless,

But what was a woman worth your time and investment?
But what was a meaningful long term relationship?
Are you a fucking twelve year old?
>>
>>35186010
A woman who doesn't cheat on you, keeps your balls empty and your belly full and takes care of your kids well is worth it. Are you unsatisfied with a woman who isn't also a senator or something?
>>
>>35184886
If that's what birth control is for, then these women aren't part of the evolutionary tree. This means that they won't have the "best children possible". This is naturalistic fallacy.
>>
>>35183661
Man, you know that is known that the fastest spreading IQs are the lowers because stupid people tend to have more children? I mean, it has a lot to do with culture, but in a steady proportion every time; e.g. stupid people in europe may have 4 kids, stupid people in india may have 20.
If these women are trying to seduce males because they can't control their urges, and apparently are seducing males that can't control their urges, you're only asking for the downfall of humanity.
>>
>>35182881
Most research suggests training each muscle group 3 times a week for beginners. ACSM says one set is enough for beginners and theirs marginal gains beyond that. Meta analysis I read said 60% RM max for 4 sets showed the best results. Sounds strange but it probably helps a lot with recovery times. I started lifting 80-85% RM max when I first started and doms kept me out of the gym when I could've been working out with less weight and getting more results.

If anyone has a link to anything more well respected and newer, feel free to call me out. I'm always on the lookout for the best way to train.

link to well cited paper
http://saudeemovimento.net.br/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/336_A_META-ANALYSIS_TO_DETERMINE_THE_DOSE_-_RESPONSE_FOR_STRENGTH_DEVELOPMENT.PDF
>>
>>35186447
Average IQs are rising globally and have been for some time.
Birth control helps with the overpopulation thing. Everyone but the Catholics and Muslims are working on making contraception normal in those places.

>>35186389
They'll have kids eventually.
>naturalistic fallacy
It's not, because that post actually explained why the effects of female sexuality can be considered good. A naturalistic fallacy would be if it just said they were good because they're natural. Are you denying that men want to fuck hot girls and will work to do so?
>>
File: 1442593003704.jpg (130 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1442593003704.jpg
130 KB, 640x640
>>35183948
I like it but answer me this; What if I combine A&B C&D and went ABxABxx? Too much?
>>
>>35183219
Girls post on gonewild all the time for nothing but attention

Broken women are rewarded for being messed up in the head.

Broken men, well.. they don't get shit haha.
>>
>>35186677
Nobody?
>>
>>35186677
>>35186812
Why change it faggot? Take it as it is and do it
>>
>>35186677
why would you do that?
>>
>>35185433
extremist making sick gains again
>>
File: sfT4dw7.png (397 KB, 369x614) Image search: [Google]
sfT4dw7.png
397 KB, 369x614
>>35182881
>>
>>35185433
Are you muslim?
>>
>>35183690
I have instagram, I just literally have 0 followers and only use it to check on hot bitches/fat as fuck powerlifters.
>>
File: 1369794607397.jpg (152 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1369794607397.jpg
152 KB, 1600x1200
why isnt this a teen slut for motivation thread yet
>>
>>35188282
do you have any more of her? I am in love
>>
>>35183223
We're on a board with a bunch of no homos posting pics of themselves shirtless. There was a post a few weeks ago of dudes posting pics of their asses because they rolled a 4 or some shit. There's nothing wrong with women. You were just raised to believe that women should be conservative and hide their bodies. I for one enjoy every ass I see in that picture.
>>
>>35188362

unfortunately not and the rest of my teen folder is more or less cp which cant be posted, was hoping others would jump in with high test underwear teens but no luck
>>
>>35188362

that picture is so old I had it in my fap folder when I was in high school. I'm almost 30 now.
>>
>>35187417
fuck off reddit
>>
>>35183727
Being this stupid. Hurrr 5x5 is only ways toos grows muscles. Dude hit every body part twice a week idc how you split it up as long as you recover properly and I bet your dyel lmao1plate status will grow. You people on fit really are fucking retarded.
>>
>>35186732
hah.....
>>
>>35188778
You can sense the pussy drought in him
>>
File: dead pepe.jpg (22 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
dead pepe.jpg
22 KB, 600x630
>>35186732
in the end, broken men get one thing.
Release.
>>
>>35182881
Splits are intermediate mate. Learn how programming works before you do that shit.
>>
File: decline in IQ1.jpg (43 KB, 634x414) Image search: [Google]
decline in IQ1.jpg
43 KB, 634x414
>>35186625
>Average IQs are rising globally and have been for some time.

Could you post a link
>>
>>35183223
Yeah, why can't they have intentions as pure and good as men???
>>
>>35190023
Do you guys have any idea how IQ is calculated?
Maybe it's your IQ that's declining.
>>
>>35190043
Sure, by definition the average IQ must always be 100, but you don't necessarily need to normalize your scale at every moment. If you don't you can measure a change in IQ over time.
>>
ive lifted probably 20 days in my 26 years of life. i run maybe once every other week on average. i've gotten with lots of beautiful girls, and girls that aren't trashy. smart, funny, hot girls. friends all joke that i'm like a 6/10 and 5'8 but always dated the hottest girls at our college and afterwards. no secret, be funny and have sincere conversations with them.

stop lifting and start improving your personality and conversational skills and sense of humor.
>>
>>35185433

isis cave fortresses are better furnished than i had imagined
>>
>>35190023
It's called the Flynn effect. For as long as IQ tests have been a thing, the average performance on them has crept up globally. Just look up Flynn Effect and you'll find more than I can link.

>>35190043
Like that guy said, if you don't adjust the scale you can see changes over time, and you can see them even more easily if you use the same tests.
>>
>>35188362

Google search son. She has an imgur with almost 100 pictures on it
>>
File: onepunch-man-3799461.jpg (83 KB, 1200x864) Image search: [Google]
onepunch-man-3799461.jpg
83 KB, 1200x864
>>35189947
>>
>>35188777
No one on /fit/ says 5x5 is the only way to grow muscle. In fact 5x3 more commonly recommended for beginners. 5x5 is a bit too much volume to consistently increase weight every session imo. And anyway if 5x5 is mentioned in a routine it is usually meant to be ramped.

Regardless, I agree that hitting everybody part twice a week indeed is the ideal hypertrophy split for someone who is natty. What OP posted was your standard brosplit, ie- shit.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.