[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm close to 1/2/3/4, consider the following Continue to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: pawg-315.jpg (135 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
pawg-315.jpg
135 KB, 467x700
I'm close to 1/2/3/4, consider the following

Continue to just do 1/2/3/4 for more reps

Or

Keep progressing in weight

What would happen if i did the first one?
>>
Similar situation here. Since aI dont have enough plates to keep progressing on the DL, my plan is to get to 1/2/3/4 for 3x5. Good or bad idea?
>>
>>35181825
No one on fit lifts i guess.

I'm gonna try the rep route and see where it gets me. I don't really need to be huge in my profession, but endurance and a strong CNS does.
>>
>>35181672
>>35181825
>>35181954
Gl OP
>>
>>35181672
No continue to add weight on. 1/2/3/4 is average for a gym goer and far below average for those that actually lift with any frequency. I'm at (almost)2/3.5/4.5/6+ and I still won't settle for reps (in the chasing hypertrophy sense). I'm convinced that the best route for natties is to pursue strength. Size and strength aren't as mutually exclusive as /fit/ would leave you to believe
>>
>>35181672
1/2/3/4 for 1RMs is a good goal, but once you reach you want 3x5. The way to accomplish that is by lift heavier on your work sets until you reach 1/2/3/4 for reps.
>>
>>35181825
If you're doing 4 plate for 1 rep you still have quite a ways to go. Go for 1x5 but if you're already there, buy more weights.
>>
>>35182160
I'm at
2.5/4/5.5/6.5

I do reps instead.
Honestly I did reps since I hit what OP did, just adding weight every time I felt like it, for 2 years.
Worked just fine.
>>
Nope. Stop right there, you made it. 1/2/3/4 is all you ever need. Now you can do isolation pump work of 20+ reps for dem aesthetics brah
>>
>>35182567
So you're basically the strongest person on /fit/?

I guess I could say I've been doing reps since Sheiko calls for so much volume but my primary goal is bigger numbers
>>
>>35181672
I hit 1/2/3/4. I stopped doing strength and just went on to hypertrophy, which is far more efficient now than when I was a weakling with sub-500 total. I did try to continue strength, but the gains are ridiculously slow now which is why I'm tackling size currently.

After ~8 months of hypertrophy do strength for 2 months then take a week off. Cycle that 'till you die.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.