[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it too late to start lifting as a natty past your mid 20s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 640x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 640x475
Is it too late to start lifting as a natty past your mid 20s?

Or is there no point anymore?
>>
It's never too late, what gave you such an awful idea?
>>
No, if anything now is a good time because your testosterone levels will fall so lifting will help you maintain them.
>>
No, the second you get past the age of 25 you can't get any gains.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 538x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 538x720
>>35176348
Its too late desu fäm

Your test levels are set by your teenage years
And your face shape is determined by your test levels
Meaning if you were a skinnyfat lowtest beta in your teens its gonna remain like that all your life until you decide to roid

This is why we got people like arnold/klokov/seid that roid during their teens even when they're off cycle/got fat/old w/e they still have a masculinized face
>>
I'd say if you're on 4chan and you're past your mid 20s when you start lifting isnt your biggest concern
>>
>>35176348
its only too late if you start past 40
>>
I'm the young guy of 3 that lift at my job.

The oldest, at 55, is the boss. Dude still does all kind of shit but has to be careful with the weights. Still, the fucker is strong.

I'm not that bad, but the 3rd guy is a beast.

42, and he practically lives at the job. There's a corner on the 3rd floor warehouse area that's his. He keeps a modded rack that has cable attachments, bench, bars, deadlift platform & all up there. Piss him off during the day (as in, wait 10 minutes for the next asinine thing he has to fix in someone else's area), and he jogs up, rips off a few squats or deadlifts, and comes back down.

So, I got curious one day when everyone else started to leave. I asked if I could see this mythical setup. We go up, and it's like some oldschool dungeon gym; bare concrete and no AC. The bar is just sitting there with a trio of 100's on each side.

This guy probably does 40-50 singles or doubles over the course of a day without much warmup. As he told me, I'm used to it.
>>
>>35176348
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBkeUO_Wy8I
>>
>>35176397

i'm close to my mid 30s :^)
>>
>>35176352
If I can pick up boxing at 27, you can pick up weightlifting.
>>
File: hans.jpg (37 KB, 625x334) Image search: [Google]
hans.jpg
37 KB, 625x334
>>35176491
>>
>>35176395
what about joff? hes apparently been lifting his entire life and hes still babby faced
>>
>>35176352
His fears of inadequacy
>>
>>35176489
I used to do something similar. Sure as fuck wasn't with 600 pounds, but I'd leave something loaded on the bar all the time and go in to do a rep or a few whenever I got up to eat, take a piss etc. Usually was 25-30 reps a day. Definitely didn't hurt, cause my deadlift kept going up pretty solidly throughout that time. Made me a lot better at actual work too, since I'd learned a bit of how to just move something heavy when needed.
>>
>>35176397
25 here, life is in shambles
>>
>>35176348
Of course not you gargantuan faggot.
>>
>>35176348
Starting lifting when i was a spooky skelleton aged 28. Its never too late anon
>>
>>35176348
Yes if you started as skinny/skinnyfat

Not if you started as high estro fatty mcfat with tits

Why?
>>35176395
Ever notice how almost everyone who went from ovese-ripped almost never gain an improvement towards their facial aesthetics?

>>35176792
Lettuce be srs here joff's face is actually pretty masculinized. It's just that cunt plucks his brows, shave/wax daily and wears makeup during shoot. And lets not forget joff is barely out of his teenage years
>>
>>35176395
This desu

Also being fat widens ur waist (subc fat) and its permanent/ie never goes away
>>
>>35176792
that's because he's natty
>>
>>35176348
depends on what you want to get out of lifting.

dumb question regardless imo, you're pretty much asking "is it too late to start taking care of myself in my mid 20's"

just fucken kill youself desu senpai baka imo.
>>
>>35176397
killmepls
>>
>>35176348
No, dumbass.
Exercise is to improve your life, and it will if done within your means and you ignore bullshitters and fitness shillers and focus on the basics first.

You'll be happy with how you feel and how you look and how you function day to day.
If you're hoping to be some super stud/or mega babe in your late 30's by becoming fit then well...
You got a long row to hoe. and that earth is full of rocks. You're going to have to legit bust ass to get there and make some sacrifices. And no, I don't mean hurting yourself with drugs and stupid workouts either.
I mean eating perfectly, upping your activity level, getting sunshine every day, sleeping a full 8 hours, doing workouts that lowers fat and tightens the body and increases strength and endurance...it goes on like that.
It's daunting but you can get relatively fit and good looking with good lifestyle changes and hard smart work.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.