[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like my bench press is fucked. Every time I push, it always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: what.png (45 KB, 249x252) Image search: [Google]
what.png
45 KB, 249x252
I feel like my bench press is fucked. Every time I push, it always feels as if my shoulders are doing most of the work. Any help?
>>
File: Screenshot_20151205-185510.png (813 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151205-185510.png
813 KB, 1080x1920
Incline and/or decline

Or drop the weight and keep your arms tucked to your sides
>>
Maybe straighten out your wrists if you bench with them bent to an angle
>>
Are you not keeping your shoulder blades tucked on the bench? That should restrict your shoulders to move forward.

Do that and when you bench think not that you are pushing the bar out but also think you are pushing yourself in the bench
>>
>>35174799
Pull your shoulders back and pin your shoulder blades to the bench. Your shoulders should not move.
>>
>>35174799
When I see people complain about that it's usually one or both of these reasons.

1. Your elbows need to be tucked in more. I see a lot of people bench where their elbows are linear with their shoulders. So if you think of your armpit/shoulder as an angle, they do it so it looks like a 90 degree angle. The proper way should tuck your elbows so it's about a 45 degree angle.

2. This usually follows from the first comment, so if you fix the first one, this one naturally follows. But the bar, as it descends, should hit your sternum, then as you push up the end point is above your collar bone. The bench press is not a vertical bar path, it has a slight diagonal.
>>
widen your grip
>>
>>35174799
try not just retracting your shoulders back, but also down as far as they go

if you have tight upper traps, you will still bench with incorrect posture even if you try to pull your shoulders back
>>
File: 1447888303100.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447888303100.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>post yfw you realize there will be a new SIR comic soon for new years
>>
>>35175735
>Implying he isn't busy working on season 3 of Rick and Morty
>>
>>35175779
But anon, that would imply that Rick and Morty is funny
>>
File: 1449539639792.jpg (44 KB, 526x394) Image search: [Google]
1449539639792.jpg
44 KB, 526x394
tuck your shoulders unlike dis lil niqqa right here cause he dont have none lmaooo
>>
>>35174799
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34XRmd3a8_0
This video should be in the sticky.
>>
>>35176238
wow great video. Not op but have same feeling in that it feels like all shoulders. Gonna try the shoulder pinching right now thanks everyone
>>
>>35175802
Well Rick and Morty is funny, regardless of what /tv/ think
>>
>>35176238
good video but WHYBONER
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.