[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lack of Motivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Kik-1205228763.jpg (77 KB, 539x719) Image search: [Google]
Kik-1205228763.jpg
77 KB, 539x719
Hey fit,

So about a year and a half ago I was pretty much living the optimal healthy lifestyle, I managed my meals, had a steady workout, cardio, and was at about a 7-9% bf, shit posted on /fit/, But now, I'm in my 2nd year of uni, live with my gf, and live a lazy fat life and work as a waiter. I've gained about 30 pounds of fat, I eat whatever, and just watch TV and play vidya. I did wrestling, track, swim and cross country in high school all while still getting in my lifts, I feel like shit and REALLY want to be how I used to, but I lack motivation for some reason, to be honest I feel mildy depressed, college has stressed the shit outta me and just makes me want to sit and do nothing since i never have time to relax.

Anybody else gone through this? How did you manage it, any help would be appreciated.

tl;dr - Used to be fit, am fat and lazy now, no motivation and slightly depressed, wat do

Pic related, me about 2.5 years ago, probably Junior year hs, srry for gay pose, was for gf
>>
Force yourself back into the gym. Go for 2 weeks. Fuck DOMS in the ass. Then you will fall in love with the gym all over again.
>>
Lack of focus. You want to change, but only for a minute, right
>>
>>35172759
OP here, probably should've mentioned, but I work the graveyard shift at work on weekends so I try to avoid being sore at work since I'm alone and costumers are assholes and need me to move quickly, which is another excuse I know, it's just shitty being in this mindset, I've tried getting back into it but the laziness just always gets me man
>>
You know a good cure for depression? Exercise.
Hit the gym or run for half an hour or whatever. Just do something and you'll feel better and after a couple of weeks you'll be motivated. All. Gonna. Make. It. Brah.
>>
>>35172802
Fine. Roll over and let the laziness consume you. Become just like every other American and become a nasty shit stain like the rest of us. Don't hit rock bottom like I did. Force yourself out of this poo-in-the-temple grotesque shit body
>>
>>35172806
Semester is ending soon so I'll try to get my morning runs in again hopefully, thanks brah
>>
File: 1420672218935.gif (12 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1420672218935.gif
12 KB, 250x242
>>35172712

are you lifting for girls?

if so, stop.

the reason you should lift is for you, the guy in the mirror. dont you want to be better than all these fat slobs, or plebs you see in real life? dont lift to get the attention of girls, lift cause you want to be at your best: be the best man you can be. cause one day you are going to be old, and regret not trying your best.

dont be the fat guy that got old and never hit his peak. try your best, you deserve it. but dont do it for bitches: do it for you.
>>
>>35172941
Fucking this. When I got back into lifting, I was lifting to try to get my ex back. The moment I decided to lift for me was the moment I never wanted to skip a gym day again
>>
>>35172941
I have a gf lmao, and yeah, whenever I look in the mirror at my fat self I just think back of my old self, I can't even wear my old clothing, I miss being the center of attention at family parties for being the only REAL healthy member and was praised for being so dedicated. Now, my dad makes fun of me and says that if I don't get my shit together I'll end up like him. My gf doesn't mind, if anything she's okay because ever since I've gotten fat girls don't talk to me like before, but it was never for girls, in truth, it was for zyzz

I have failed him
>>
>>35173008
Oh your girlfriend definitely cares
>>
>>35173008

nothing is stopping you from getting back in shape, I gained weight when I was depressed but now im over it, thanks to lifting, and better than i've ever been. dont give up, anyone can do it.
>>
>>35173008
Just to state it before it gets blown over, I didn't get into lifting because of zyzz, I found him about 6 months after I was really into it, wrestling made me want to be the best I could be so I pursued lifting and intense training so I could beat my opponents, zyzz just helped a bit for motivation
>>
>>35172712
>>35172802
If your job requires you to be on your feet all day then just focus on your diet to get rid of the fat. Your gain won't disappear overnight.
>>
>>35173044
Yeah I know, I've told my gf (since we live together [be advised]) that Im trying to watch my diet but whenever it's her turn to cook she always cooks like some mildy unhealthy food, whenever I cook it's just chicken breast and veggies, she just always brings me back into eating unhealthy, especially on dates. And no I won't break up with her just for gains, R U INSANE MAN
>>
am not a manlet
no "izi as fuk gains" = no izi as fuk getting fat either
Now stop whining and go back to the gym
>>
>>35173130
Grow some balls and talk to her why the shit she cooks is unhealthy
>>
>>35173130
Easy, just say: BAE. I LOVE U. BUT I AINT EATING THIS SHIT NO MORE.

Literally this is all you need to do.
>>
>>35173163
I do lol, she's asian, she can only cook unhealthy foods (obvious sarcasm). She sometimes cooks healthy, but she prefers to cook her asian shit. Shold I just hold the responsibility and always cook?
>>
>>35173181
carbs = kill, can confirm
>>
File: 1439678202094.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1439678202094.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
>needing motivation to do things

you a woman?

men have discipline, they do things because they do them, not because their feelings say they should
>>
I dont understand how looking at pictures of the old you, then looking at your current self isnt enough
>>
>>35173225
No I have a penis if you'd like to see.

I didn't say my feelings are telling me to do anything, balancing work, school, relationship, family and finances proved too overwhelming for me and I've basically stopped being as concerned with lifting and aesthetics since I can't seem to fit it into my life, but I want to live my old life but finding the motivation to lift again despite being so busy and stressed is what troubles me.

Nerd.
>>
>>35173263
Yeah I know, I have a rather large collection so whenever I look at my old photos I get pumped and motivated but it dies really quickly when I get home and realize my obligations, like as of now, I have 7 essays to write, all 2 page, a research paper, a math final to study for and work in between its really shitty man
>>
>>35173277
Honestly, in your situation I would just slowly ease me way back into it. You know, not starting with a full blown routine and super duper meal prep or anything. But just one day of lifting weights/running/whatever fitness and going from there. Pick the day where you actually have the most time for this.
And then, week by week see how you can constantly fit more lifting into your days.

Move slow to get fast.
>>
>>35173338
Also, adding to that. Since you have many other obligations that are more important to you right now, focus hard on them. And once you have taken care of them, focus hard on other stuff.

I am kinda in the same situation as you are right now.
What helped me was moving my focus. I simply don't have the resources (time, money) to go full blown lifting right now... then again, I am not trying to become a pro or anything, so it's not a point of dedication.
Instead, I see what I can fit into my week and do that (eat healthy, move a lot, stretching/mobility work - these sort of things). Sure they won't help me bulk my way out of skinny mode, but they sure as shit help me in the long run.
>>
>>35173338
See this is reasonable advice, thanks.

I've been eating chicken breast and veggies lately while doing some light lifting but it's scattered like between 3 days intervals due to time constraints so it bothers me since I know I could do better, my lifts have dropped significantly which is pretty depressing
>>
>>35173277
>calling other people nerds when you need /fit/ to coddle you about your failings

don't pass your failure genes on fatty
>>
>>35173382
Not sure why my number keeps changing even though I'm OP, maybe cause I'm on mobile, but this is actually reasonable, and it's (unfortunately) nice to know there's others in the same situation, hopefully we'll pull through
>>
>>35173428
>taking me seriously and not realizing I was making fun of him like he did and throwing a bit of sand in his eyes for fun

Don't pass your autism genes on nerd
>>
>>35173392
>>35173432
I know what you mean. With uni start I also got back into lifting more, then got sick and that put me back again. Also, I have a shit ton to do for university.
I am sitting around way too much lately, and this is one of the first things I am changing (you know, just move more) - just doing what benefits me the most in my current situation, without throwing away all other obligations. Sometimes life is like that, and learning to handle this, makes you more of a man.

"Fixing" your diet will probably do you very good, it might even give you the motivation you really need. And I am sure your girlfriend understands and helps you out where she can
>>
>>35173519
Yeah, getting used to university work was a major hassle, my freshmen year sucked but I managed through it, now my sophomore year turned out even worse, GPA is probably gonna take a major blow this semester on account of me being a lazy procrastinater, and yeah she does on occasion, I know I didn't gain this much weight for being inactive, it had to be just eating so badly, I also gain weight easily so that probably didn't help. I used to eat the same thing every day back when I was in shape, but now I'm so used to sugars, carbs and fat that it's so dull eating the same thing every time, I never expected my habits to change so drastic, it's insane
>>
>>35173608
The good thing is, you know what to do regarding diet, training, healthy lifestyle. That's actually an advantage. Now you just need to fix it one area at a time.

I used to always want to do it all at once, you know - 5 days a week workout, perfect diet, cutting out this or that, sleeping better, getting more fresh air/sun, playing less vidya/watching less tv, less sitting on my ass all day, mastering bodyweight exercises, better endurance, bulking, cutting.. holy shit that's too much.

What I opt for now, is working on one area at a time, some take longer, others are done in mere days.
For example, cut out all sugars this week (expect maybe - if you like that - a cheat day). Then move on to the next. Then the next and so forth.
And before you know it, you are back on the way you wanted to be.
Just don't get caught up in details, keep it simple but effective.
>>
>>35172712
i thought making it was all about getting a gf and not having to go to the gym because you have a gf now
>>
>>35173714
Yeah same lol, wrestling got me in the habit of straight plowing through a workout, I'd do cardio, weight lifting, calisthenics, endurance training, sparring with a gym buddy all in one day for a week, they'd be about 4 hour work outs which is crazy when I look back at it now, I'm also trying to stop playing vidya since that what I do on my off time, but I bought like 3 new games so fuck me, luckily the semester is ending soon so I'll try to get back in the habit of working out first and then relaxing with vidya which is what I used to do before after my workouts. This week is just gonna suck since I have so much uni work to do.

What is life
>>
>>35173747
Naw man, making it is when you finally make it.
>>
File: 55456566.gif (497 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
55456566.gif
497 KB, 500x271
>>35173225
THIS THIS THIS
THIS FUCKING POST RIGHT HERE

/THREAD
>>
>>35173834
Unless you already earn money, or plan to earn money with sports, focus hard on the uni stuff now. And then when you have more free time, put more time into lifting again. Priorities sometimes change, so make the best of it.
I am sure you can do enough "lifestyle changes" that will ultimately make you stronger than ever before. And hey, relaxing should be part of your daily routine too, just don't to it excessively. And at the same time, don't feel guilty about taking an hour or two off of everything.
Stress fucking kills, so don't do it.
>>
>>35172712
i went through the same shit. i took a break from my gf, and i started partying more, eating mr.clean again and fighting full time. women are the reason men dont live long and happy, women are the reason our ambitions and dreams and societal progress is halted.
>>
File: vascular as fuck.jpg (44 KB, 746x496) Image search: [Google]
vascular as fuck.jpg
44 KB, 746x496
>>35172712
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VJeng7PH-s&t=1m48s
>>
>>35174017
Or learn to balance the two like a grown man
>>
>>35172712
Its just adjusting to a new lifestyle. Don't beat yourself up about it, wake up early and get to the gym. There is no need to blame your bird or uni, this comes from within. Adapt and thrive.

I need to do the same myself. Difference is I'm running a fucking company and have bills to pay. If you can't do this in college then you're not gunna make it. If we both make the change then we will both make it. Simple as that pal.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.