[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadlifting worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: XC 10.jpg (98 KB, 638x960) Image search: [Google]
XC 10.jpg
98 KB, 638x960
I'm getting into deadlifting and I really like it. Can I just use deadlifting to get a stronger by itself or are there workouts needed with deadlifting? I'm trying to bulk up, what type of diet would you reccomend? Pic related, it's my arms currently.
>>
>>35172524
Is this bait?
>>
>>35172524
>King of all exercises
>worth it

Pick two
>>
>>35172524

Honestly, it depends on your goal. The deadlift is an amazing overall strength builder but if your end goal is to look good, you are better off doing a variation rather than conventional or sumo.

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/snatch-grip-deadlift

The snatch grip deadlift for sets of 5-8 is one of the best upper back compounds there is, and they will build your forearms in a hurry as well:

I'm an older guy (36) and prone to back problems so I do snatch grip deads and front squats. Since the switch, my back has never felt better (or looked better).

If you have no issues with deadlifting, and you want to continue using conventional/sumo, I still recommend adding a snatch grip session into your routine as the benefits are huge. The snatch grip deadlift will also improve your conventional/sumo deadlift.
>>
>>35172524
My best friend snapped his shit up doing deadlifts on 5/3/1. He stopped lifting all together.

Back in october i tweaked my back doing lmao3plate pulls. The scary part is it didn't feel uncomfortable / strange while i was doing the set. My back felt fucked up for almost four weeks.

I was the biggest fan of deadlifts previous to that (OHP is a close number 2), but avoid them like the plague now. I respect people who pull 4 plate + amd are stronger / more dedicated than me, but just be aware that it can happen any time.
>>
>>35173304
Very interesting. I've been trying to add mass to my back but it hasn't worked out like I'd wanted. I will try that next time I hit the gym.
>>
>>35173466
This; the risk is too high and they're not needed. My dad was basically the natty limit back in the day and he bever deadlifted because he knew so many people that fucked their shit up with it. I'll take his advice over some internet tough guys who call you a pussy for not risking your back on an unnecessary lift.
>inb4 form
The overwhelming majority of people have potentially dangerous form, including those who preach the importance of form.
>>
File: tmpb2mdrd.jpg (46 KB, 599x797) Image search: [Google]
tmpb2mdrd.jpg
46 KB, 599x797
>>35172524
>>
I have been adding a set of deadlifts 1x5 to my PPL routine on legs day and I have really enjoyed it so far.

Makes doing legs more fun and two sets of deadlifts a week doesn't seem bad at all, any opinions on this
>>
>>35172524
do rack pulls for dem traps and lat gains its much safer
>>
>>35173807
Not a problem until you start lifting heavy.
>>
>XC

Yup, I ran XC in high school and college too. Just read the sticky and find a strength routine. And eat some more two. I dunno why, but as I gained weight in muscle my distance times still got better for the 10k.
>>
>>35175063
Even lifting heavy, LatsBrah runs a PPL and has his leg days as just squats and deadlifts. He has some pretty decent numbers.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.