[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
25/M here, and my situation is fucked. I'm 6' 180lbs,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Dirty dan.jpg (123 KB, 1632x918) Image search: [Google]
Dirty dan.jpg
123 KB, 1632x918
25/M here, and my situation is fucked. I'm 6' 180lbs, lift 3x per week with 2x cardio. Diet is decent, balance meat and veggies, little sugar but with tons of dairy.

Essentially, despite my being relatively fit, the amount of animal products in my diet is causing serious problems. Last friday, I found out my cholesterol was 240 (ldl 180) and I have gallstones. Bp was normal though.
They basically told me I have to replace lifting with cardio and go vegan, and maybe start taking statins unless I want to die in my 40s or 50s. 3 days in going vegan and I'm down 2lbs and fucking miserable. Is life worth living if I have the body of a 12yr old Chinese girl? What would you do?
>>
I had surgery for the gallstones, drinking low fat/ lactose free milk.

I just need to be careful about things with too much fat, as in no eat them two days in a row.

All in all everything is pretty normal

Never had high cholesterol tho
>>
File: KaiaBlendingWawamelon.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
KaiaBlendingWawamelon.png
2 MB, 1600x900
EAT MORE
>>
I cut out the dairy and I've never felt better anon. I don't understand why your body is having such a hard time with meat though. at the very least you should be able to eat a lot of salmon if nothing else. also egg/beef protein powder
>>
>>35173194
>I don't understand why your body is having such a hard time with meat though.
Maybe because humans aren't supposed to eat meat biologically, and most have bad reactions to it as a result, especially if it isn't cooked and chewed extensively.

>>35173194
>also egg/beef protein powder
It still has cholesterol you dolt.
Just get some pea or hemp protein.
>>
>>35173682
>Maybe because humans aren't supposed to eat meat biologically
We can digest meat, have historically done so, there are cultures whose diet is mostly based off meat and our teeth are a omnivore's. This should be enough to dispel that notion.
>>
>>35173717
>We can digest meat
So can many, if not most, four limbed herbivores. We also get cholesterol problems like the other herbivores, while the omnis and carnivores have no problems.
Go figure, we only have those problems when we eat meat/dairy or things with cholesterol, which are animal products, aka not herbivore material.

>Have historically done so
Yes, just as we have done many things historically, such as selling or gifting our children to other groups of strange people as gifts or in a trade.
We did so because it was required for much of humanity due to severe weather and a lack of civilization to produce large amounts of edible & nutritious foods through farming. If humans didn't eat meat when we apparently crossed into America we would have never crossed, as we'd have died from starvation because it was fucking ice.

>there are cultures whose diet is mostly based off meat
No successful ones, and those who were typically had horrid practices and horrid life expectancy compared to the rest of equally established cultures, not to mention comparing them to all cultures at the time.

>Our teeth are a omnivores
That's why our teeth look waaaaay more like herbivore teeth than your dogs, a bears, or virtually any actual omnivore.
And before you say "monkey's are omnivores," just like humans they can process meat, just as many 4limbed herbivores, the vast majority of said monkeys, including the ones most related to us eat either exclusively or virtually exclusively plants. The biggest game most monkey's will care to eat are termites, and that's not even in all or even most monkey's.
At the very most you'll find they'll consume a couple percent of their calories from non-plants, and this isn't seen throughout all of even the same species throughout the world.
This being said, they aren't completely herbivores, but if you look at our body differences you'll see we aren't exactly the same, nor do they get the same problems like we do.
>>
>>35173921
>>35173717
This being said, chimpanzees our (apparently) closest living relative eat around 99% plant-based diets and some do not even eat meat in the wild.
Regardless, if one can consume something, yet it is harmful to their bodies and that has been found clear over generations, why would you consume it?
Even if you wanted to group us as omnivores, that does not take away that meat is bad for us like true omnivores don't experience.

The silly thing is eating meat in apes/monkey's/etc is often part of dominance and is only occasionally just for a preferred food, which in that case it's usually termites or similar.
Humans have moved past that, and seem to not naturally have any desire to beat the shit out of another creature to eat it, especially raw, regardless of how they're raised and where.
>>
>>35174021
Lol vegans are so fucking dumb

You mentally ill shit
>>
>>35173921
>We also get cholesterol problems like the other herbivores, while the omnis and carnivores have no problems.
This is not because of meat, at least not in modern times. Even in the past it was more due to an unnatural abundance of meat and not due to eating meat on itself - there's a reason hunter-gatherers were as tall on average as modern humans from first-world countries, and the average only started to descend in agricultural societies.
>No successful ones, and those who were typically had horrid practices and horrid life expectancy
Source? In any case, that wasn't my point. Relating a culture's cuisine to its success is a very long shot, besides.
>That's why our teeth look waaaaay more like herbivore teeth than your dogs, a bears, or virtually any actual omnivore.
Actually dogs are still mostly reliant on meat... not as much as cats, but they are. And I'd like a source.
>>
>>35174032
XXXDDDDDDDDDDDD

>>35174084
>Even in the past it was more due to an unnatural abundance of meat and not due to eating meat on itself - there's a reason hunter-gatherers were as tall on average as modern humans from first-world countries, and the average only started to descend in agricultural societies.
So you're saying that cholesterol problems are not related to eating meat, but just eating too much meat? What constitutes an "unnatural abundance of meat" in that case?

The reason hunter-gatherers were tall was because they consumed more nutrition than the peasants, not because they ate more meat. Malnutrition effects your being and generations of your children and their height, so of course agricultural societies will often be shorter than wild packs of people feasting on an untarnished landscape.
This is especially true for places in Asia where they're short, but improving, not because meat consumption as in many regions it hasn't changed, but more food to eat has. Furthermore, they've been able to afford more actually food items rather than white rice which has little nutrition comparatively.

>In any case, that wasn't my point. Relating a culture's cuisine to its success is a very long shot, besides.
Then what was your point? That some degenerate shit culture that behaves less like people and more like chimpanzees ate almost if not exclusively meat before dying (not from injury) at more than double the rate of actual civilized humans? Who cares if someone did it and continues to do it if it's wrong and they're a disgrace.

>Actually dogs are still mostly reliant on meat...
Yes, which is why one of the oldest dogs in history lived without so much so as a lick of meat? They aren't herbivores, that is clear, but they are truly omnivores and can thrive safely on both diets without moderation whatsoever. They can eat chickens all day and catch them in the wild, or they can be fed cucumbers, carrots, rice, and other plant-based vegan foods and thrive.
>>
>>35174296
>Malnutrition effects your being
>Effects
>Not affects

Literally just quit reading your shitpost right there faggot
>>
>vegan troll thread #896

Just sage and report, don't give them the attention they want.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.