[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of gains and general fitness are hard work, and how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: genetics.jpg (117 KB, 633x400) Image search: [Google]
genetics.jpg
117 KB, 633x400
How much of gains and general fitness are hard work, and how much is just superior genetics? Seems like if your genes are bad, then the amount of work it would take to get hard-body simply isn't worth it. What's the work/reward cutoff, meaning, where does the required regiment simply becomes unsustainable?
>>
>>35168576

Working out and eating right give you the best possible outcome from whatever genetics you were given.

Control the variables you can fucking control brah.
>>
>>35168587
I am genuinely proud of this answer and whoever said it
>>
>>35168576
the ability to work hard is a result of genetics
>>
>>35168587
I agree. But I mean if you want a sculpted body, when does the time requirement become too much. When does the time requirement become so excessive that you just have to call it quits.
>>
>>35168616
>When does the time requirement become so excessive that you just have to call it quits

no such thing
>>
File: 1449159761633.jpg (257 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
1449159761633.jpg
257 KB, 1200x750
>>35168616
>excessive
>fitness

There is no such thing.
>>
>>35168666
>>35168631
If you are working out 3 hours per day or more, that's excessive. Fitness is supposed to make your life better, not BE your life.
>>
>>35168698
>gf thanks to fitness
>friends and social circle thanks to fitness
>Introduced to new hobies thanks to friends that I have from fitness

The only think fitness didn't give me was my job and education. I'm glad fitness is my life.
>>
>>35168666
is this a made up quote? amateur didn't get it's modern meaning until 18th century.
>>
>>35168750
I doubt he said it in english
>>
File: 1449167324037.jpg (59 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449167324037.jpg
59 KB, 640x640
>>35168750
>>35168756
Not understanding interpretation.

Whatever guys, greek philosophers have the best quotes every. They are all so inspiring.
>>
>>35168784
I don't get Henry Rollins. In his standup routine he said white racists are the reason life isn't 100% fun. Blamed them for everything bad. Yet his childhood sucked because he grew up in DC getting his ass pounded by black kids.
>>
>>35168823

He probably knows that not all black people are the same just like not all white people are the same.
>>
>>35168823
Why the hell would you listen to a musician when it comes to philosophy? A fuckind MUSICIAN.

he probably just likes taking black dick. s'all.
>>
>>35168576
I'm natty and I look pretty good. I have about a 90% perfect diet and train five days a week for around 90 minutes a day plus cardio. It takes a fair amount of time and dedication, and I probably have poor genetics because while I look good I don't look excellent, so take that as you will. U don't know if I could realistically keep up any more effort than I am currently without cutting some other things out of my life that are important to me.
>>
>>35168733
you thing so?
>>
>>35168862
That's the thing, your regiment has to be manageable. If you take it too far, you simply can't maintain it and your whole routine ends up crashing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.