[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slav Squatting ATG general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 602-600x518.jpg (73 KB, 600x518) Image search: [Google]
602-600x518.jpg
73 KB, 600x518
Cлaвянcкий кopтoчкaх
>slaviyanskiy kortochkakh

Keep your heels grounded. This holds true for heavy squats, bodyweight squats, casual Grok squats, poop squats, and Indigenous People’s Stretches: resting all that weight on your toes, as opposed to your heels, places far too much stress on your knees, and the resultant shearing forces will tear your knee apart, given sufficient time. Of course, if you’re playing a sport like volleyball, staying on your toes allows better reactions and quicker movements, but that’s a totally different situation. In all other cases, keep your heels firmly on the ground.

Hint: If you find yourself unable to keep the weight off your toes, curl them upward; you’ll force yourself to maintain heel-floor contact.

Keep your back straight. I don’t mean vertical; I mean you should avoid rounding your back, whether you’re bent at the hips or upright. With heavy weights a rounded back can be disastrous, and with no weights a rounded back just reinforces bad habits. Both are to be avoided.

Hint: Keeping your chest up and your shoulders back will lead to a straight back.

Your knees should follow your feet. Your feet should be about shoulder width apart (maybe a bit wider for stability; basically, whatever allows you to comfortably reach a deep position), at about a 30 degree angle (as opposed to pointing straight forward). Make sure your knees are aligned with your feet and toes. It’s usually not an issue without a barbell and weights involved, but it’s good to get in the habit.

It’s not a workout. You shouldn’t be holding yourself up with your quads. You should be resting. This is supposed to be a sustainable pose, so you’ll be doing a full, deep squat. How deep? Clasp your hands together in front of you. As you squat, let them hang between your legs. When they reach the ground, you should be in your deep squat position. Sit down and back, let your hamstrings touch your calves, and stay there.
>>
>>35166352
Sit back. I’ll say it again because it’s so crucial. Squatting isn’t just sitting down; it’s sitting back, which spreads the load and creates a more manageable center of gravity. If you were to “squat” down and not back, your knees jutting way out, all your weight would be borne by your quads, and you’d probably topple over onto your face. At the same time, an inexperienced squatter attempting to sit back for the first time might topple over onto his or her ass. In a casual, weight-less squat, these issues become less likely to manifest, of course, but sitting back creates a more stable base and promotes good habits for when you do pile on the weight.

Hint: Imagine there’s a short chair just behind you and sit back in search of it. Or, better yet, use an actual tiny chair, stool, or anything that will allow you to reach the proper depth.

Squatting may seem completely natural (because it is!), thus rendering a “How to…” guide unnecessary, but you’d be surprised at how easily unnatural bad habits can disrupt our natural tendencies and instincts. Read through the tips and hints, make sure you can perform them correctly, and practice your weak points. Even if you’re confident and comfortable with a few hundred pounds on your back, give it a quick run-through. The squat movement figures into our lives on a daily basis, and it would be a damn shame to do it incorrectly.
>>
>>35166352
straight to /r/4chan this goes
>>
>>35166352
you cannot teach someone this
we're born with it

pičko
>>
So I have been squatting for the first time recently and been enjoying it. I started going above one lmao 1 pl8 once I had gotten my form down.

I was progressively adding 5lbs a workout, got to 170lbs and all seemed well and good.
But now I'm noticing some real pain and tightness in my hip joint / groin area. Just squatting atg no weight feels like something is getting pinched in there and it hurts.

What happened? Am I just really tight? Am I on the snap city train? Anything I can do to work around it or should I just rest?
>6'2" 177lbs
>>
>>35166533
wow stari, lik se potrudi a sve sta balkan moze napravit je posrat to. amo nac jos stvari da se poseremo na njih jer sta je bolje od balkana? nista.. mi smo ipak 50 godina ispred svih, u njih je jos dobro...
>>
>>35166352
What about buttwink?
You can't talk about deep squats without mentioning buttwink.
>>
>>35166352
based thread.
I hate to see people not doing proper form on their slav squats.
The world is grateful for this post, anon.
>>
>>35166623
Balkan je samo velika rupa, nazalost buraz..
>>
>>35166352
>Cлaвянcкий кopтoчкaх
Eбaть ты дayн.
>>
non-squatters will never know the feels of squatting in a circle with a group of 5 or more bros, and hoes, passing around bottles with snow on the ground and no place to sit while out on the town
>>
Bumping for squwatz
>>
>>35166533
piczo
>>
Dobar meme, brate. Ja ti dajem up vote
>>
File: image.png (791 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
791 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw not Slav
>tfw no Slav gf

http://youtu.be/ozYao1Mju7A
>>
>>35166603
Muscles adapt faster than ligaments and bone.
Maybe you added weight too fast
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.