[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: images (16).jpg (9 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
9 KB, 470x313
This study shows 20-25% deficit is better than lower.
What deficit do you run and why?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25028999

Also general cutting. Meals etc. Do you change your routine while cutting?
>>
I don't count my calories like an autistic dyel.

I just eat less when I'm cutting and try to act less like a fat fuck.

If I'm losing weight too slowly, I eat even less. If I'm losing weight too quickly, I eat a little bit more. It's mostly by feel.
>>
>>35165829
Enjoy your catabolic state
>>
>>35165818
looks like I'm running at least a 27% deficit most days
I just don't have the motivation to eat more once I've had my protons (which is weird since I used to be such a fatass)
guess I may as well branch out to some fattier sources of protein
>>
File: Aaaaaa.jpg (170 KB, 800x704) Image search: [Google]
Aaaaaa.jpg
170 KB, 800x704
Come on lads
>>
36/12 every day.
>>
File: 1.jpg (8 KB, 300x285) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
8 KB, 300x285
>>35166029
I track calories but we all know you don't have to.
>>
Did you even read the study? That's neither what the study implied, nor was it what the study covered.
>>
>>35169702
To add to this, what the study ACTUALLY showed is that people lost more weight while keeping the same levels of FFM (fat-free mass) under a 750cal deficit compared to a 300cal deficit, when both diets had the same amount of protein. This could be interpreted to mean that getting enough protein is more important for sparing LBM than getting enough calories, which isn't at all what you were saying and if anything goes against your statement.

This is why I read medical studies for nutrition information instead of listening to idiots on the internet incapable of interpreting findings...
>>
>>35169813
>enough protein is more important for sparing LBM than getting enough calories

Sort of makes sense from an evolution standpoint. If you're having trouble finding food it would be pretty stupid for your body to deliberately make you weaker. Eating your muscles is the last thing your body would want to do (other than eating your organs I guess).
>>
File: 1449127401944.png (9 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1449127401944.png
9 KB, 401x367
All the calculators say I should cut at 2000 a day.

My face when i'm cutting at 1500-1600 and it's easy.

2 months in. Does this get harder?

Amazed at how much food I used to eat compared to now it's almost scary.
>>
>>35170781
Catabolizing your muscles means you need less calories for maintenance and actually everything from walking to jumping, so it does make sense.
>>
>>35165818
When I first started I used to cut with 500 deficit, then when I stupid bulked I cut with a 2000 cal deficit.
However, now that I have decent strength gains and don't want to lose them i'm doing something like 300-400 cal deficit with controlled macros I've even gained 20 lbs to my total doing it.
>>
>>35171024
That makes sense AFTER your fat is gone.

You could "ask" your body why it is destroying the muscle if there is fat still left.
>>
>>35165818
the problem in consuming fat for calories isn't that it isn't a great system. it's just that in order to 'keeo the lights on' in your nervous system glucose has to remain steady, and unfortunately the storage of fat cannot create glucose, it's missing a critical part! which can be found in proteins in your muscles that can be broken down. so that's why it's literally impossible for you to do a true cut of a large deficit and lose fat over muscle to a large margin. maintain a protein heavy diet, don't NOT eat carbs, because that puts your body in that steady state of protein removal, which btw filling ur belleh with chickanz will not save yer moosles 100%
im bored now
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.