[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calories in, Calories out vs. Counting Macros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Macros.jpg (41 KB, 297x384) Image search: [Google]
Macros.jpg
41 KB, 297x384
I'm starting a cut, and am wondering how important it is to count macros? I'm just doing calories in calories out, but I end up with very little fat in my diet. Should I eat more fat and count macros? Even if it means I might end up with slightly more total calories (since fat is so calorie-dense)?
>>
>>35164175
fat is important even when cutting. why not eat more fat(serving of nuts, tablespoon of PB, etc) but not go over your caloric limit? should be pretty simple to implement a little more fat and if youre over your daily calorie goal, decrease a portion later. use myfitnesspal to make life easier
>>
>>35164175
do both. dear god you lazy bastard.
>>
>>35165191
>do both
But... the whole "a calorie's a calorie" mentality kind of contradicts the "A calorie from protein is different from a calorie from fat"

I'm not trying to be a bodybuilder, I'm working my way towards Otter Mode now. How important is counting macros?
>>
>>35164175

>40% carbs

Absolutely low test
>>
>>35165213
>"A calorie from protein is different from a calorie from fat"

Literally who even says that bro

A gram of protein has fewer calories than a gram of fat. Which means, you'd better be counting your fuckin macros bro and your fuckin calories, do you even want gains?

0.5g x bodyweight in lbs of fat
1g x bodyweight in lbs of protein
Fill the rest of your caloric quota with carbs
>>
>>35165213

just make sure you're getting enough protein and you'll be fine mate
>>
My macros look like 20/40/40 most of the time, eating 2600 kcal on slow bulk.
>>
>>35164175
You need some chia seeds and olive oil in your life OP
>>
>Calories in, Calories out vs. Counting Macros
>vs
How can one seriously fuck up this bad? Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>35165263
Too much protein also can lower test levels.
>>
So guys, 1g per kg bodyweight or lbs?
I've read different things depending on the source. Mainly American sources say per lb whereas UK sources (and other metric countries) say per kilo.
Don't know why one is right
>>
>>35167706
When it comes to resistance training. It's like .86kg per kg of bodyweight. Most of us just say to go up to 2g per kg, or 1g per lb in America to cover for different amino acid compositions, and activity levels.
>>
>>35167730
Ahh right. I see.
Thanks senpai
>>
>>35164175
Very important. My Macro split is 35/35/30 protein/fat/carbs.
>>
>>35165273
toppest kek, now that's fucking low test

20% protein/20% carbs/60% fat 3600kcal masterrace reporting
>>
When you guys are bulking how do you keep 40% or your diet protein?
I'm cutting at the moment and eating 1800cals with 40/30/30 macro split.
And I'm eating 1g per lb of body weight. If I started bulking i'd have to eat near double that of protein to keep the ratio. Or does that not matter as much when bulking as long as I'm getting enough grams of protein?
>>
>>35168108
Focus on grams taken in vs percentage. We just use % for a rough estimation.
>>35167996
Over 40% fats starts to get counter productive.
>>
>>35167996
just because fat deficiency means nonfunctioning hormones and depleted levels of test...

doesn't mean more fat = more test.

you really don't need more than 20% and
>>35168138
>Over 40% fats starts to get counter productive.

>>35168108
most literature suggests there is no change in physiology eating more than .64g/lb
just hit your .82g/lb a day, and you're more than fine.
>>
>>35167617
the "calories in, calories out" mentality is usually just "a calorie's a calorie, burn more calories than you eat"

But counting macros is obviously not "a calorie's a calorie" because then you're treating different calories differently.
>>
>>35168271
>the "calories in, calories out" mentality is usually just "a calorie's a calorie, burn more calories than you eat"
for losing weight, this is absolutely true.
as long as you have no regard for losing lean tissue.

that doesn't suddenly invalidate the concept of nutrition, though.

it just means the amount of calories you take in vs the calories you expend determines your weight loss. which is absolutely accurate.
>>
I am intermittent fasting again.
less than 36h fast and a 12 h feeding window.
I am invited to too many parties.

I don't even have a gf yet...
>>
>>35167557
>bulking on 2600
Manlet detected
>>
Is 25/25/50 p/f/c good for a runnerfag? Usually eat around 1900 kcal.
>>
>>35168346
I am a 180cm manlet, dont bully pls
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.