[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nootropics General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x354
I have an extremely important day of studying, and and extremely important exam tomorrow. I have ADD (though i don't 100% believe it's a real condition) and I'm a lazy bitch who can only find education motivation from drugs. Should I take my adderall (which I took for the first time in 2 years 2 days ago and tweaked for like 24 hours) or should I take multiple doses of l-theanine and caffeine all day?
Also lets get a nootropics general going, sorry for the blog post.
>>
adderall during the day, then l-theanine before going to sleep
>>
>>35160014
>>35161059

What are some good nootropics that are available without a prescription? I'd love to try Adderall but I can't get it without a script. Are there alternatives that give similar effects?
>>
File: TYVD.png (508 KB, 3152x2108) Image search: [Google]
TYVD.png
508 KB, 3152x2108
>>35160014
Read Pic 9 on what TYVD, our vitamin savior, had to say.
>>
inb4 penisbutt
>>
>>35161098
Depends where you are but there are quite a few adderall and ritalin variants out there. If you look up 4FA you'll find a few different ones.
>>
>>35161162
Didn't TYVD's advice kill some guy?
>>
>>35161982
Instead of taking vitamin d3 he megadosed vitamin k3 the only form of vitamin k that has any real chance of killing you in vaguely high doses.
>>
File: laughing bale batman grainy.jpg (21 KB, 451x382) Image search: [Google]
laughing bale batman grainy.jpg
21 KB, 451x382
>>35162012
Oh fuck that's pretty funny

I almost killed myself once taking a shitload of melatonin before bed every night, I don't know if that was the cause but after a while taking it I got this horrible fucking chronic depression which only stopped when I stopped taking it seemingly so that was interesting
>>
File: TYVD.png (25 KB, 889x320) Image search: [Google]
TYVD.png
25 KB, 889x320
>>35161982
>>
>>35162033
define "a shitload" please. I started taking melatonin my freshman year of college because I couldn't go to sleep at a normal time otherwise. Also coincidentally started struggling with depression around the same time. I take 1g each night.
>>
>>35161802
Phenibut is good shit.

Dumbfucks abusing it are gonna get it banned, though. I just picked up this book the Smart Drug Dictionary the other day, great intro to noots in general.

>>35162077
Dude one g of melatonin is crazy. Try .5 or 1mg tops. If you can't find a pill that small, just cut up bigger ones or bite a bit off.
>>
>>35162172
woops meant 1mg
>>
>>35162285
That's better at least.

Melatonin still shouldn't be a nightly deal though. I've read plenty of ties between it and depression, or at least chronic fatigue. It throws off your body's cycles of sleep and wakefulness leaving you in this weird limbo where you feel like shit. It's fine sometimes, but daily is too much.

Cut back to every other day, at most. Wean yourself off it. To get better sleep without it,
>stay away from all screens (computer, phone, TV) for at least an hour before bed
>make sure the room you sleep in is as close to pitch black as possible
>if you can, let the sun brighten your room in the morning, preferably hitting you directly.
>establish a regular sleep schedule by sticking to a wake up time and just going to bed whenever you feel tired
>drink a lot of water before you go to bed and when you wake up

This shit will make you feel 100x better. Even if you can only do one or two of them, it'll still be a big improvement.
>>
>>35162450
Thanks man. I've been taking about 1mg of melatonin nightly for about a month and have also been struggling with random bouts of depression- definitely going to cut down now.
>>
>>35161059
What type of doctor should I ask to get a prescription of adderall?Pathology or what

I mean you need a doctors approval right?
>>
>>35162450
>drink a lot of water before bed

>>35162556
What helps me is doing something engaging before bed that doesn't make you think.
So reading and doing work before bed actually makes it harder for me, but if I just listen to an album it keeps me from thinking too much.
>>
I took piracetum and choline a few years ago, I liked it. I'd take it again it its what evs.
>>
>>35162573
Depends on your country. A normal doctor could write you one, but some will be stingier and more difficult.

If you want a solid productivity drug, try out modafinil. Shit gives you laser focus and a damn-near infinite attention span. Same as adderal though you gotta be careful with it, it's way too easy to end up masturbating or playing Minecraft for 12 hours straight.

You can order it online from multiple sources, do a little research first. Modafinil also isn't addictive or dangerous to your heart like adderal.

>>35162579
Drinking water before bed does depend a lot. For some people it'll wake them up in the middle of the night, but for others it works as a smooth alarm clock.

You can't go wrong with drinking more water though, almost nobody these days drinks enough. If your piss is yellow you're not drinking enough water.
>>
>>35162635
I have to pee like 2 hours after I drink anything.
Drinking anything before bed is not an option.
I never thought of it somehow helping someone wake up, so whatever works I guess.
>>
>>35162610
That's where most people start with nootropics. If you're eating eggs you don't need the choline, and if you're /fit/ you should be eating some fuckin eggs.

If you liked that check out noopept.
>>
>>35162667
Nobody can eat fifty eggs.
>>
>>35162985
You don't need that much choline for piracetam to be effective.
>>
File: disgusted gaston.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
disgusted gaston.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
>>35162985
>>
File: buy-semax-234x300.jpg (14 KB, 234x300) Image search: [Google]
buy-semax-234x300.jpg
14 KB, 234x300
>>35160014

get semax,

yeah, totally take your drugs, and stack them with l-theanine and caffeine...
>>
>>35163511
Semax is the bomb.
>>
>>35163511
If you're into semax check out this shit NSI-189. Research into is is being funded by fucking DARPA and the NIH.
>>
>>35162985
Have you ever tried to eat fifty eggs?

I didn't fucking think so.
>>
>>35163561
It's nigh impossible to get a hold of atm.

It's a p small company that made the drug so they're actually going after people selling and synthing it where possible.

It's also funded by DARPA for PTSD p specifically.
>>
>>35163598
There's a couple sources on longecity but you've gotta be discrete about it.
>>
File: 1z23dbn.jpg (9 KB, 373x352) Image search: [Google]
1z23dbn.jpg
9 KB, 373x352
>>35163574
ONE DOZEN EGGS

4 TIMES A DAY

G'STON
>>
>>35163618
I have some and some dihexa already luckily.

I'm still looking at reports before I decide exactly what I'm going to do.
>>
>>35163642
You guys are really making me want to cook up some eggs right now

It's fucking 2AM here ;_;
>>
>>35160014
do you guys use any kind of benchmark to see if you get any kind of benefits from these? or is it sort of a bro science thing
>>
>>35163670
Nice. From what I hear NSI-189 has pretty long lasting benefits and should only be cycled every other month at most.

>>35163784
It's hard to measure subtle improvements in yourself, and most nootropics are very subtle. There are ways to do it but they're still largely subjective.

The more potent ones are very noticeable. But as far as pure science goes, the more popular substances have a lot of research. Lots of Russian drugs in particular like noopept have shitloads of hard evidence behind them.

But aside from that, it's mostly people sharing anecdotes.
>>
>>35163784
For most people the benchmark is "can I do the same or more without having my usual coffee"

You can test yourself with Cambridge brain sciences or a couple of other websites fairly easily if you want to. People into that that are semi serious will at least do an ABAB type trial (you can read about that sort of thing https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-subject_research). A couple of nootropics get this treatment usually if they help memory like PRL-8-8-53 or some of the racetams

A good one to do for all nighter ones like modafinil and semax is the ruler drop test or other reaction time test. That's usually one of the first things to go as lack of sleep sets in.

Best thing tho is to just set some goals and see if you think it helps imo. Tho if you feel dubious about your own subjective experience/placebo/suggestibility by all means. I've tested some bits out like above just for a metric.
>>
>>35163784
Here's a solid stash of research on a lot of things.

https://mega.nz/#F!tcAHlaZb!mu7rzeR1zUNhWUiaPXX61A
>>
>>35163819
Right now I'm only planning on using NSI 189 the once and towards the end go onto dihexa (so NSI 189 increases hippocampus volume and dihexa increases hippocampus density) while doing some stuff that's fairly heavy on connections between the temporal lobes (language learning and music) and see how that goes. I know what I'm going to do more or less I just need to get everything set up to hammer it for 6 weeks or so.
>>
>>35163784
>>35163924
>tfw such bad memory that I forget about any drugs I've taken in the past 2 hours
I'm blind testing every day.
>>
>>35164035
Sometimes I'll have a busy month or so where I get bad sleep and try to work out if I have or haven't taken something. All you can do is get a pill box thing with time and day and/or make a check box to do list like schedule.
>>
>>35164017
You should make a proper trial of it, taking notes of dosages and noticeable effects combined with some tests like >>35163924
mentioned.
>>
I had bad experiences with noopept.
I had a wider field of vision. But couldn't focus on anything. Became dangerous for me to drive and had to spend the day home after some dangerous encounters while heading home.

I like pramiracetam combined with alpha gpc.
Can focus at tasks at hands for hours to come without any distractions.
If I'd needed an extra edge i'd take adrafinil. Carefull tho, adrafinil has about the same effects as paracetamol on the liver, you can't just daily dose that stuff.
>>
>>35164112
Were you dosing anything else alongside the noopept?

It's still weird to me how people can have such drastically different results from the same drugs and dosage.
>>
>>35160014
my doctor told me to stop dosing chemicals that have not been researched and have not been shown in a conclusive clinical study to have any positive effects in regard to my query to him about piracetam.

and amphetamines are good for the first hour, then i feel like shit for 12 hours, so i cut that jazz out long long ago. basically i found out that i just had to be slightly more proactive in other areas of my life, and stop bullshitting so much, then i had no requirement to claim that i had any type of ADD symptoms.

tl;dr add/adhd is just a complex and false justification for being a lazy fuckup.
>>
>>35164198
>tl;dr add/adhd is just a complex and false justification for being a lazy fuckup.

and for wanting to have a supply of amphetamines on hand to get high off of
>>
>>35164167
Nothing, Noopept was the very first nootropic I've tried. There was also that pain in my right feet whenever I took it at regular doses.

Maybe it was a bad batch, I ordered it from ebay uk.

I got the pramiracetam from "absorb your health .com"
It's tough finding a reliable source or company that is willing to send to The Netherlands.

If anyone knows a better place to get nootropics, I'd be gratefull.
>>
>>35164242
Maybe it was a bad batch or maybe noopept just isn't for you. Seems some noots just don't work for some people, for a number of reasons.

For sources, there's a few reputable ones out there, but I dunno if they ship to the Netherlands or not. Check out Ceretropic and LiftMode, they've always been great for me. Plus they include a copy of the tests for the substance showing purity and whatnot.
>>
>>35164276
do you really want to risk a bad batch of something you're supposed to consume into your body?

what if they didn't get the purification step right, and left in some of the catalyst chemicals? that could be instant death, or worse. do you know how to make this shit? look it up, it's dangerous.
>>
>>35160014
Don't take adderall when you're depressed unless you want to say hello to Bipolar Disorder
>>
ive been taking 500mg of phenibut to get to sleep for the past couple of weeks, it's worked amazingly

no effect when using it while awake though
>>
>>35164276
>>35164294
Yeah it seems like a horrifying idea afterwards.
What is done cannot be undone, I've lived to lift another day.
You learn from mistakes, but some rational thinking would've been a good thing in that case.

I'll look into those suppliers you've sendt me.
>>
>>35164294
That's why you only buy from reputable vendors. Some people can handle more risk and test research chems on themselves, but most noots are very low-risk.

>>35164308
Man don't take phenibut every day. Have you not the horror stories about the tolerance and withdrawal? I mean the dudes in those stories were being dumbfucks taking 5g+ daily, but still.
>>
>>35164105
I think anything I try to do research methodology wise is going to be fairly hokey but I've got a sort of plan and measures lined up. The main thing for me is seeing what effects these hippocampal type noots have on the temporal lobes if any.

I have some idea now for example of roughly how much of a certain grade song I can learn and master on classical guitar and I think that'd make a fairly good sort of objective measure, but I suspect this will mostly affect learning a new instrument which I'll have to judge purely on experience. Same goes for language, I'll see on paper if my word memorisation goes up but grammar is a bit harder to look at, and then the main thing that should be affected is using both at the same time and I'll have to judge that myself really. One thing that may work well is something like a simultaneous reading and listening task idk
>>
>>35164308
>>35164351
I took 1.5g three days straight and had a migraine similar to how people come off of ecstasy.
Be careful bruhs, never two days in a row.
>>
>>35161882
> there are quite a few adderall and ritalin variants out there. If you look up 4FA...

"The subjective effects of 4-fluoroamphetamine include euphoria which some find similar to the effects of MDMA, increased energy (stimulation), mood elevation, feelings of warmth and empathy, excessive talking, bruxism, and suppressed appetite (anorexic). " - Wiki

4FA doesn't sound like a nootropic at all. Maybe similar to a stim, what with the energy and bruxism, but the euphoria would undermine any intellectual benefits.
>>
>>35165181
The nootropic definition seems to be pretty wide right now. The original definition of the word covers like 3 things in use. But then a lot of people use the word to mean general cognitive enhancer, which itself is pretty vague. Does improving social performance count as cognitive enhancement?
>>
>>35163574
It's a reference to Cool hand Luke ya dingus
>>
>>35163511
>>35163522

What's semax do for you guys and where do you get it?
>>
>>35165664
What does it do?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semax

Where to get it? You'll want it in a nasal spray.
http://www.ceretropic.com/semax-spray/

So many good nootropics coming out of Russia, it's great.
>>
>>35162985
Buddabrah did
>>
>I have ADD
no.
>I'm a lazy bitch
yes.
>>
>>35164308
500mg of phenibut is well below threshold.

you need 2-3g+ for a cozy high
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.