[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ newbie here. To be straight to the point I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: IMAG0266.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0266.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
Hey /fit/ newbie here. To be straight to the point I've never worked out before and I'm tired of being a string bean. Do you think that Stronglifts 5x5 combined with a clean/dirty bulk diet with protein/creatine is the way to go for me? Pic related, me now
>>
ss + gomad not even memeing
>>
>>35157523
Gallon of milk a day sounds like a complete meme, anyone confirm?
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
>>35157612
from a newbie to one another

yes do it.
ill start stronglift too and take creatine everyday.

just eat a lot anon, post workout shake with a scoop sure.

eat as less sugar as you can, no coca cola, no sugar sweats n stuff.
eat al types of nuts without salt if yo wanna snack
>>
>>35157523
stop trolling
>>
>>35157509
SL is just a shitty rip off of SS, do SS... Rippletits actually knows what he's talking about.

Don't do GOMAD, it's a meme.

Eat 500 calories above maintenance.
>>
>>35157702
>SL is just a shitty rip off of SS
why is that
>>
>>35157702
>Rippletits actually knows what he's talking about.
>Don't do GOMAD, it's a meme.
ayy
>>
>>35157957
2much volume for optimal linear strength progression. Takes even longer in the gym than so, which is already long enough
>>
>>35158035
too much volume? you rows, squat and benchonly with the bar.
DL with bar and 20kg. hows that too much
>>
>>35157957
because everything that's different about SL makes it worse. on SL you start with the bar instead of a more productive weight. on SL you do 5x5 which is too much and makes you run into a wall fairly quickly. on SL you do rows instead of the much more useful power clean.

even if you absolutely must do rows instead of power cleans (most likely because you're a pussy) it's still better to just do SS and replace the power cleans. SL has nothing going for it, it's just strictly worse.
>>
>>35158131
volume is not weight, but weight x reps.
SL has you doing 25 reps of squats, 25 of OHP/Bench and 25 of Rows or 5 of Deadlifts. SS is 3x5, so youll just be doing 15 squats, 15 OHP/Bench and 15 Power Cleans / 5 Deadlifts.
That allows you to bring your weight up quicker, as you wont be training endurance as much as raw strength.
>>
>>35158202
makes sense.

so as a newbie i should start SS than SL?
>>
>>35158221

Why don't you try reading the fucking sticky?
>>
>>35158242
because the sticky does not say a thing about what programm is "better" or not
>>
>>35158242
calm down bro... everyone started out at the bottom mang
>>
>>35158221

ignore these folk, do SL I am loving the progress

plus the mobile app is better
>>
>>35158221
Do whatever until you plateau, with a few accessoires built in to not look like utter shit (dips, chin ups). After that, you'll want to change your routine; either to another strength based program or something more aesthetics/volume focused (think e.g. push/pull, going 4 times a week)
>>
>>35158311
>>35158221
But be aware that with SL you'll plateau earlier (yet look better due to the volume)

Dunno, SS may be a good investment. Get it over with ASAP with a few accessoires, then change to smth else.
>>
Do strong lifts if you are beginner

SS is a meme, power cleans don't do shit for you physique

squats are a meme, deadlifts are goat

the best accesories for a beginner are pull ups and dips
>>
>>35158310
alright.
yea the app looks cool
>>35158311
>>35158334
alright
i guess ill try SL for a couple of months and then see where im standing
>>
Strong Lifts/10
>>
>>35157539
It's to expand the stomach so you can eat more. I never tried the GOMAD thing but you can expect to vomit the entire milk.
>>
>>35157539
I've done it and it worked. Only one month is enough. Was able to eat more and I gained 10 pounds.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.