[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does your chest start to look decent? I'm benching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: sfafakuma.jpg (55 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
sfafakuma.jpg
55 KB, 620x413
When does your chest start to look decent? I'm benching bodyweight now and still have no chest, and i can feel it in my chest when i do it
>>
Genetics. Only time will tell.
>>
>>35156262
It takes forever. I weigh 185 and bench 265 and my chest, while it definitely looks like I lift, still doesn't look that good.
>>
>>35156262
iktfb
benched 2pl8 and my chest look like a childs chest.
But when I ohped 72.5 kilos my shoulder game got ridiculous. I guess my chest genetics are shit and my shoulders are ok.
>>
>>35156274
I don't mean shape, only talking about size

>>35156286
>>35156300
Maybe we should do more isolations?
>>
Forget it blood. Bitches dont care that much about chest anyway as long as your shoulders are good. Try doing the pec deck machine with open hands since most other chest exercises are lots of shoulder work anyway
>>
My chest exploded when i started doing pushups everyday.

I started at 12, next day 13...until i reached 60 without pause. Works wonders
>>
File: 1449305956022.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449305956022.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Your chest doesn't look big because you fell for the strength meme. Aesthetics and size does not equal strength.

Obviously there's some sort of crossover, faggots. But just take a look at fat fuck powerlifters and strongmen. They dont have the chest like OP's pic or the jacked/shredded/roided chest you're looking for, but they can still bench 500 pounds.

To achieve the chest you're looking for naturally, it's a combination of genetics, diet, low body fat percentage, and a proper hypertrophy program. Notice how strength isn't mentioned.

Don't get me wrong faggots. You can't get an amazing chest benching 1pl8 the rest of your life, but stop seeing things as "if I can lift this much weight I'll have a chest that looks like this".

Focus on strict form, slow controlled muscle contractions and tearing and stressing the muscle appropriately. It's less about developing the strength stats and more about developing the muscle.

tl;dr: bodybuilding chest vs strength training chest
>>
Weigh ~160lbs, 5 rep max is 220 on bench and 135 on OHP.... I honestly think my freakishly good OHP has more to do with my development.
>>
>>35156360

come on as long as you do I'd say 5 reps per set and probably 2-3 sets that's all you need... you don't want to be a powerlifter and do like doubles but the ol' 8-12 rep range is a meme.
>>
>>35156360

Future faggots: the show?
>>
>>35156262
>I'm benching bodyweight
I hope you mean "i'm benching bodyweight for 20 reps", because that's weak as shit.

There are literally bodyweight for reps bench pres contests and the last place guys get like 30 reps.
>>
>>35156370

Jeez bruh you really did drink too much of that strength meme juice. 5 fucking reps for 2-3 sets? 8-12 reps? You fell for the goddamn rep meme too. There is no perfect number. There are only guidelines.

The real secret is figuring out your own shit for your own body. My chest blew up when I stopped giving a fuck about the amount of weight and the rep range and focused on burning out and ripping that shit up. Obviously progressive overload is important but only to the extent that you can maintain proper form.

I'm 6'5 235 and can't bench for shit but still have a big chest and can do the alternating pec bounce through a t-shirt. Feels good. Not one person would ever say my chest was small.
>>
My chest really started to develop during my 2nd year when I added in weighted dips and incline dumbbells.
>>
>>35156373
Future? Those kids are excelling in faggotry already.
>>
>>35156262

I noticed once i could bench 300 lbs, my chest and arms were noticeably bigger and better looking. So basically:

>have a 3 pl8 bench
>be about 12% bf
>>
>>35156424
you sound really dyel
>>
>>35156349
This. Download a pushup app or something.
>>
>>35156424
this is what I want as a lanky faggot. So you do AMRAP or shit like that?

Cause I've been lifting for a couple of months now and I guess I won't get any kind of progress for a year or two I understand that but I don't think my progress is how it should be.

Routine? I'm doing Greyskull LP with accessories but I guess it doesn't work for chest or something.
>>
>>35156360
>fat fuck powerlifters
>don't have a shredded, defined chest
Gee, I wonder why.
>>
It's a large muscle group it takes a few years of consistent lifting to get a noticeably big chest.
>>
>>35156262
Post pic of chest. If you can bench BW and think you have a tiny chest, you are dysmorphic.
>>
>>35157799
not op but i can bench 185 and im 140 and my chest is not big at all
>>
>>35156424
pics or it didnt happen m8
>>
>>35156324
Mine started coming in when I was benching 225 pretty
Comfortably.
>>
>>35157917
Post pic. It's probably in proportion, if not more, than the rest of your body.
>>
>>35158033
Probably if he weighs 140 pounds he's not big at all and you can believe him.
>>
im at 3pl8 bench and my chest is still small
>>
>>35156360
jesus, maybe the nords need to have Aisha over there take over.
>>
>>35156360
This guy has it, it's about contracting the target muscles as hard as you can, time under tension, and volume
>>
>>35160299
true
trips confirm
>>
File: Untitledx.jpg (29 KB, 482x268) Image search: [Google]
Untitledx.jpg
29 KB, 482x268
>>35157799
I'm not tall either, around 5'8
>>
File: 1445007141417.gif (424 KB, 259x169) Image search: [Google]
1445007141417.gif
424 KB, 259x169
>>35156370
>8-12 rep range is meme
/plg/ is that way anon. This man wants an aesthetic chest. I don't see why anyone would actually do a low volume strength routine unless you're competing or just have god tier genetics and get aesthetic just from even touching weights. If you're going for sik kunt status and not getting it, lower the weight raise the volume, it's that simple.
>>
>>35156349
Did the startbodyweight program for a year, and my chest is my most developed feature. Switched over to Scooby's intermediate work out a few weeks ago but still do my progressions. Still working on my progression though.
>>
>>35161026
at the moment i do 4-6 reps but 12 sets for chest, i thought lower reps is good for naturals-
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12436270

am i wrong?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.