[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Im too sore for the gym" hump
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Sup /fit/

Quick question, sorry if it sounds stupid.

How do i get over the "Im too sore from yesterday, I dont want to go to the gym today" hump? I try to work out but feel like im just gonna damage myself if i go 6 days a week.
>>
exercising is one of the best ways to help soreness. but yeah 6 days is probably too much if youre actually lifting. if youre doing some kind of turdsplit then its fine
>>
File: arnold2.jpg (125 KB, 640x648) Image search: [Google]
arnold2.jpg
125 KB, 640x648
By going to the gym and working out.
>>
Brosplits
>>
>>35152414
1. You aren't working the same muscle group 2 days in a row unless you're on a retarded program, so your excuse is bs to begin with
2. Working sore muscles actually makes them less sore
3. Sore muscles actually feels good
4. Being comfortable got you to where you are today. How's that working out for you?
Need I go on?
>>
Unless you're just starting, you can do 6 days a week no problem. I lift, play rugby, and sometimes throw in double days and I still pull off 6 days a week. Unless your program has you hitting the same muscle groups with less than 24 hours of rest, then your excuse is bs.
>>
File: 1443626353948.png (218 KB, 295x307) Image search: [Google]
1443626353948.png
218 KB, 295x307
>>35152414
It's okay anon, not everyone was meant to make it.
>>
Don't your muscles hurt more when you first start because of some acid that builds up?
>>
>>35152631
>Being a worthless college Chad with no responsibilities

So jelly anon. Honestly.
>>
>>35152414
You should always be sore somewhere. If you're not sore, you're not alive. Eat roundly and well and work the areas that don't hurt (hard). If it's more sore than my bloviating allows, do cardio or seek medical attention. Original tendons and ligaments are better than any replacement.
>>
>>35152461
>4

I mean the army helped out alot and im more or less comfortable with where i am right now but im only asking because honestly sometimes i dont know if im doing something right or not. So my retarded program is something i came up with but its more "oh i like that machine".
>>
>>35152809
Then you mean >1
>>
>>35152414
Number one requirement for feeling okay the next day is getting enough sleep. Be honest with yourself. Maybe 6 hrs a night was okay when you were a lazy fuck, but you're /fit/ now, get more sleep.

Food is the next most important factor. You can't really lift 6 days a week on an 800 cal deficit and not feel like garbage. However, if you're eating a ton and eatign the right things, you will repair quickly and have minimal pain/fatigue.

No shame in lowering the amount of lifting your doing if you can't handle the bodily damage. Shave a set off of a few of your exercises, see if that helps. Don't go overboard and quit too much of your lifting though, then you'd be a pussy.
>>
>>35152818
Sure
>>
>>35152826
I actually get a good amount of sleep. Typical night is 2130-0530.

My diet is meh. Tons of microwavable food (long story) with fruit, smoothies, and others. Large amount of fast food in and off post but i try to stay away. Never had protein shakes or pre-workout.

When i do lift i go for what i can and try to do a set amount of reps every set but if i cant get there the 2nd or 3rd set i lower the weight a tad. I know my limit.
>>
>>35152809
>>35152914
Get on a real program
Drink more water
Get around 1g protein per kg body weight
Fruit smoothies are all sugar. Good for micronutrients but shitty macros
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.