[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have I been buying the wrong rice, /fit/? Pictured right is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Rice.png (809 KB, 582x785) Image search: [Google]
Rice.png
809 KB, 582x785
Have I been buying the wrong rice, /fit/?

Pictured right is brown rice, unsure of what type. Pictured left is jasmine rice, but almost every bodybuilding.com or other decent source on food information I've seen says that jasmine rice is considered a brown rice. The package in the picture contains the white rice pictured left.

Is there a different jasmine rice I should be eating, or is that white shit how it's supposed to look?
>>
This... was supposed to go into QTDDTOT. No idea why it made it's own thread. Sorry.
>>
>>35149901
It's not your fault, Sue whoeevr you bought from. Mislabeling is a srs crimr
>>
It literally doesn't matter which kind of rice you eat.
>>
>>35149975

You must be fat.
>>
>>35150015

You must be retarded
>>
>>35150015
>>35149891
If you're a poor South East Asian peasant or a trendy middle aged woman, go for brown rice. Otherwise just choose white.
>>
>>35149891
The nutritional differences between the alternatives are negligible.
>>
>>35149891
jasmine rice is white, not that it matters
>>
brown rice and white rice are nearly identical.
the difference in nutrients is negligible.

you likely have at least a hundred things to worry about that are more important than what kind of rice is better for you.

just eat whatever rice you like best. the satisfaction from eating your favorite rice is more than enough to offset the insignificant benefits of eating bad-tasting brown rice.
>>
>>35149891
jasmine rice is not fucking brown its a sticky white rice
but
it makes no difference what rice you eat
the whole brown rice has more micros and slower digesting meme is true but its minimal
you should be getting enough micros and fibre from other places

i literally just eat rice for the carbs

jasmine rice is much nicer and easier to eat in my opinion
>>
>>35149891
Am i the only person who prefers brown rice? cook it in chicken stock and its amazing.
>>
>>35151244
Same here. I usually just add a bit of olive oil and salt to my ricecooker. Preparing it in chicken stock might be a good idea to try out once.
>>
>>35151244
>cook it in chicken stock

Why the fuck haven't I thought of that before? You've opened up new worlds for me anon.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.