[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im 18 and i feel myself growing will working out lifting weights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: latest.png (97 KB, 303x234) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
97 KB, 303x234
Im 18 and i feel myself growing
will working out lifting weights make me shorter
>>
yes, if you lift weights you will get shorter
>>
>>35148824

Can confirm, went from 5.11 to 5.7 in like 2 years
>>
>>35148824
this, do calisthenics.
>>
>>35148776
Squats will compress your spine and stunt growth
>>
>>35148776
get a load of this desperate manlet hoping he will still grow at 18
>>
I used to be a glorious 6'2" but lifting made me a manlet ;_;
>>
>>35148776
Yep, lifting before 21 will ensure Manlet status for life

Source: I'm 6'5 and never lifted a day in my life
>>
If you squat it makes you shorter but you counteract this by stretching yourself out with a nice deadlift
>>
I started out as a 6'3" lanklet but thankfully squats transformed me into a stumpy young male, at the average height of 5'10"
>>
>>35148950
Guys be serious
>>
>>35148776
any form of lifting makes you shorter.
why'd you think all pro bb'ers are short as fuck, dude?

stay away from this board, d00d
>>
>>35148776
yep, lifting before you're done growing is a sure way to fuck your growth potential. /fit/ will try to disagree, but most people that post here are manlet skeles anyways. lol
>>
Yes, but don't worry. Gains are more noticeable on manlets. Probably the only perk they have.
>>
Yep, getting stronger muscles will make them grab your bones too hard thus make you shorter.
>>
The more mass you gain the more gravity will affect you. Getting pulled towards the earth will stunt your growth.
>>
>>35148776
Only if you do squats.
>>
can conform
>was 6'1
>after 2 weeks lifting became a 5'2 manlet
>>
Yeah, I used to shitpost here about how manlets are a cancer to our society before I started lifting. Within a month of doing squats I dropped from 6'4 to 5'7. Don't even consider it. I would trade anything to have my old height again
>>
>>35149184
I feel your feel
>>
>>35149149
Squats will make you shorter, but only if you stay at the bottom of the squat. Once you stand up you'll be your normal height again.
>>
>>35148776
Yes
Before I started lifting I was 6'1". Going almost 2 years now I'm about 5'9". The gains are amazing but I miss the days of not being a manlet
>>
>>35149205
this guy gets it.
>>
>>35149205
This
>>
>>35149205
post the science evidence for this
>>
>>35149205
[citation needed]
>>
>>35148888
From 18-21 I went from about 6'2-6'4 so its not impossible
>>
>>35149246
>>35149233
this whole thread is a meme thread, not a single response is serious.
>>
>>35148776
Try Crossfit if you want to get strong without losing height.
>>
>>35148776
It shouldn't be a problem if you only stick to pull exercises. Push exercises will most likely make you shorter because of compression.
>>
>>35148776
This is Klokov, since he was a child he has trained, lifting extremely heavy weight, he is currently 4 foot 10 inches due to his stunted growth.
>>
>>35149294
makes sense, but what about the bench press, would it make only your arms shorter?
>>
best way to counteract this is to lift light but high reps
as in 200 reps of 2.5's
made gains for days mayn
>>
If you feel yourself growing, don't lift that day
>>
File: columbu_deadlift-599x437.jpg (124 KB, 599x437) Image search: [Google]
columbu_deadlift-599x437.jpg
124 KB, 599x437
Franco columbo, his spine was crushed to dust, he was originally 6 foot 5, now 6 feet under the ground :(
>>
Front Squats wont make you lose as much height because the bar wont be compressing the spine as much.
>>
>>35149335
don't give him false hope anon, it would still compress his legs.
>>
Lifting is fine, but you need to finish your workout taping/glueing dumbbells to your hands and/or feet (depends on what you worked out) and swing them around to stretch them back to proper length. If you did squats, you need to die a couple of dumbbells to your back and hang upside down for a couple of minutes while you swing back and forth.
>>
>fat people, tall as hell
>short people, muscular as hell

Hmmmmmm
>>
>>35149369
wouldn't fat peoples weight shrink their bones though?
>>
>>35149378
Not necessarily. You see, fat people are a type of magnet, a food magnet in this case, which is why they say it's genetics fault that they are fat. Because they literally can't stop cosuming food, or else it would stick to them day and night. Earth is also a magnet. For ordinary people they would be opposites and be attracted to eachother. But seeing as fatties are food magnets and the earth does not need to consume food, they negate eachother. So it's like this. the earth pulls the "human" part of fatties, but the "food" part is rejected, causing a beatiful balance, which allows fat people to grow tall.
>>
>>35149439
when are you publishing your thesis anon?
>>
I used to be king of manlets (5'11") but after fixing my posture, I finally managed to get to 6'. But then I started lifting and I shrunk down to 5'10" and literally ruined any chance I had at a decent life.
>>
>>35149378
Fatties start out at like 9ft tall bro but they get ruined in childhood by soda, tendies, and king sized choco bars.

It's like that Dean Koontz novel where all the kids in a town get captured by Dr doom every ten yrs and taken in helicopter to a lab guarded by gay AIDS vampires with light sabers where they are made retarded so wizards can destroy the multiverse.
>>
>>35149252
Including yours
>>
>>35148776
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-jay1.htm
>>
Whether its weights, calisthenics, or Charles Atlas dynamic tension, excessive strength training during the developmental years can in fact cause an unnatural upsurge in testosterone in children which fools the body into thinking the body is close to full maturation. The body is programmed to stop growing once all hormones are "in place" at their right chemical balance, because strength training causes a testosterone upsurge during the recovery phase, what this will do to children, especially males entering their teens is fool the body into thinking "oh, we have a man/woman's testosterone levels now so, no more bone growth needed, or muscle, or anything else." The high intensity calisthenics done by gymnasts is part of the reason most of them are short.

Send help, one still grown @ 19
>>
>>35150070
So I wanted to grow more I should just do cardio?
>>
>>35150593
Try not being a child lol
>>
>>35148824
This. I used to be 6'3", but after falling for the heavy squats meme, I'm only 5'5".
>>
>>35148776
i can feel myself growing down there. if you know what i mean.
>>
>>35150605
>>35150621
Okay, reading a bit more reading I realized that this thread is just a meme itself.

/fit/ being useful once again.
>>
>>35150070
You're partially wron, because testosterone has in fact nothing to do with growth. The problem is however, that testosterone converts to estrogen and this hormone will effecitly promote the closure of the epifuges of your bones.
>>
>>35150636
Because it's a stupid question. Lifting won't make you shorter.
>>
>>35150682
What can you do to make yourself taller then?
>>
>>35150722
GTFO of here and not think of coming back or lifting ever again
>>
>>35150621
holy fucking kek
>>
>>35150722
Genetics. Either that or you can get on that hgh before your epiphysel plates close. Also eat alot of protein.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.