[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions that don't deserve their own thread I recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 30
File: 1429981024684.jpg (122 KB, 999x624) Image search: [Google]
1429981024684.jpg
122 KB, 999x624
Questions that don't deserve their own thread

I recently lost my job and have been unemployed for about a month. I'm running low on money so there's absolutely no way I can afford a gym membership right now. What can I do to exercise in the meantime? Is cardio really it?
>>
>>35148325
Depends on your Goal.
If your goal is putting on some muscle/mass, the answer is no.

also
Im fucking up my sleep schelude, srsly.. going bet at 4-5 AM, waking up 1PM. Once i wake up i just feel i do not wanna to live anymore, i just dont want to leave my bed, but i have to. Also final exams coming, feeling so shitty that i crav food. Im not gonna make it.

Motivate me pls
>>
>>35148387
Currently about 30 pounds overweight, so no, muscle growth ain't my goal atm. Couldn't afford bulking food at this point anyhow.
>>
>>35148402
bulking food ~ cutting food
the main difference is the ammount of food.

1kg rice ~ 1€ not that expensive desu senpai
>>
>>35148421
You know what I mean.
>>
>>35148325

am i gay
>>
>>35148325
why can't i balance when squatting? also my hips and knees hurt... and my shoulders hurt when holding bar, squats are suffering...
>>
File: VID_20151205_170553.webm (3 MB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
VID_20151205_170553.webm
3 MB, 392x500
Can I get a DL form check?

I'm not lifting much but I want to make sure my form is right before I go for more
>>
File: size-chest-standard.jpg (16 KB, 430x382) Image search: [Google]
size-chest-standard.jpg
16 KB, 430x382
Clothing Question:

Does getting a bigger chest measurement (pic related) come more from increasing your pec size or back thickness/width? I ask this because I currently have a 40 inch chest and wear a medium but I would like to know for future reference.

Thanks pham
>>
When are you supposed to switch program when doing SL5x5? Ive been doing it for 7-8 months and still making really slow progress. Is something wrong with me? I see people finish it in 3 months.
>>
>>35148531
pretty bad
your upper back is curving too much and you're not supposed to be extending your legs then using your back it should be fluid
>>
File: formulus.png (361 KB, 389x495) Image search: [Google]
formulus.png
361 KB, 389x495
>>35148531
Look down, right now the neck breaks. Your form cracks when you lift the weight, bring it closer to your legs and dont fucking yank it.
>>
>>35148890
Its literally all lats. But still both kinda. But mostly lats.
>>
>>35149054
Ah, thanks man I really appreciate it
>>
>>35148531
You need to use your legs man, your knees straighten before the bar even gets like 4" up. After that it's all back and that's unhealthy. Do as much research as you can and work on cues so you lift properly.
>>
Two question:
SS bench and OHP progression is just do 3x5 and add 2.5kg a session right?

What accessories can I add to SS style bench and OHP without fucking it up?

I wish to do Mark rippetoes lying Tricep extensions and dumbbell bench.
>>
I'm doing a rather repetitive and strenuous exercise 6 days a week (like jumping, power cleans, and jogging, all hard on the patela and achiles). I get that one day completely off of exercise per week: should that be enough to ward off tendonitis?

i'm concerned because I know someone who got tendonitis in his knee and it took like 2 friggin months to heal. Apparently with tendons they show little to no symptoms until it's too late.
>>
Ex fatties when does the fat pouch go away? Did you cut till it was gone or did you just muscle over it
>>
>>35149222
Loose skin? Or actual fat?
>>
File: 1449330082790.png (743 KB, 810x481) Image search: [Google]
1449330082790.png
743 KB, 810x481
Is this a realistic goal? If so, how long would it take and what kind of program should I use? Pic on the left is me, yes I look like shit
>>
Been cutting weight for three months now dropped 30 pounds pretty easy. Want to stop drinking now, I'll choose to drink over eat most days. You guys got any tips on kicking addictions?
>>
>>35148471
Balance could be due to squatting in shitty shoes. Try doing it in just socks.

Knee problems could be due to your knees moving too far forward during the squat. Try keep them over your feet.

You shouldn't have the bar on your shoulders. Squeeze your upper back/traps into a big squishy mass and put the bar on that. Also more upper back mass will make it hurt less.
>>
>>35148531
Your first deadlift:

Back looks fine. Biggest issue is your knee and hip joints are opening out of sync. You straighten your knees first, then your back pulls up. You want these happening at the same time.

On subsequent deadlifts, your back does not go back to a good neutral position. Take a little extra pause between reps to make sure your form resets correctly.

Also head positioning, as has already been mentioned.

Watch this for more pointers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1IGeJEXpF4
>>
>not buying gym membership and showering only at the gym and stealing toilet paper to save money
>>
File: 3248923904823908.jpg (95 KB, 841x557) Image search: [Google]
3248923904823908.jpg
95 KB, 841x557
thoughts on upright rows?

I like them but bb.com says it's a one way ticket to snap city.
>>
Where am I supposed to feel sore after power cleans?
>>
>>35149859

Terrible exercise. If you have to do them, take a wide grip and stop when your upper arms get to parallel.
>>
>>35149859
Their weaknesses =/= your weaknesses
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-05-12-42-09.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-05-12-42-09.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
Hello guys, ive been lifting for some time now,
my stats :
1,95m 92kg

squats: 70kg 3x5
OHP: 52,5kg 3x5
bench: 87,5kg 3x5
deadlift: 152,5 1x5

Right now iam doing p/p/l, and iam eating 2000kcal, including 200proteins. My aim is to lose bodyfat as fast as possible, how much weight do i have to lose to look good? Also should i switch to greyskull lp to better my squat?

Pic is me
>>
>>35148992
Have your progress slowed down in the last month or two, or has it been slow the entire time?

If you've just started slowing down, your novice gains have run out, and it's time to move to an intermediate lifting program. You should be close to 1/2/3/4 at this point.

If you've been slow the entire time, it's probably a diet thing. Eat more and stick with it.
>>
If squats stall on sl 5x5 is it okay to flip them with deadlifts instead?

So every routine you'd do deadlifts 5x5 and squat 1x5 on your B days.

I should just read the SL wiki.
>>
>>35149876
honestly at your height you'll look pretty decent with your current weight if you'd just have more muscle and a lot less fat
>>
Will I get laughed out of the gym if I belt up for a sub-2pl8 deadlift?
>>
>>35149109
Dumbbell bench helps barbell bench.

Lateral raises and DB OHP will work wonders for your BB OHP. I was stalling all over the place on OHP until I started incorporating those.
>>
>>35149887

that sounds retarded
>>
>>35149887
>deadlifts 5x5
Just fuck my CNS up f.a.m.
>>
How do I increase my willpower? I had another cheat day today. I know it's not worth it. I know I will feel like shit after it. But when I see the food I just can't help myself.

Also I am cutting at 1600 kcal a day. Is it worth it to go even lower on rest days?

>tfw recovering fatty
>>
>>35149889
thank you for your reply, so do i cut, bulk or recomp?
>>
>>35149895
No, absolutely not. A lot of normies are going like for 40kg deadlifts and such.
>>
Is it wrong to sit at a certain lifting number for a while, or should I always be aiming to lift more and more?

What I mean is, I'm just now hitting 1pl8 BP and 2pl8 DL. I personally feel that these are good numbers for me, and I'm thinking about sitting at them for a while as I grow more and more comfortable with them (perfecting form and being able to perfectly manage the weight and whatnot). Is there anything particularly wrong with this, or should I keep going?

I guess one way to look at this might be as a voluntary stall. Or maybe more as a comfortable plateau before I push ahead in the future.
>>
>>35149954

might not be a bad idea. you shouldn't push yourself if you aren't confident in your form anyway.
>>
File: Rice.png (809 KB, 582x785) Image search: [Google]
Rice.png
809 KB, 582x785
Have I been buying the wrong rice, /fit/?

Pictured right is brown rice, unsure of what type. Pictured left is jasmine rice, but almost every bodybuilding.com or other decent source on food information I've seen says that jasmine rice is considered a brown rice. The package in the picture contains the white rice pictured left.

Is there a different jasmine rice I should be eating, or is that white shit how it's supposed to look?
>>
File: delet.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
delet.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
When you cook your OATZ do you do it in water or milk?
>>
>>35149876
You're full of shit
>>
>>35149995

Why, because he squats less than he benches?
>>
>>35149995
?
>>
Which of the following are actually useful, and which are just broscience?

Fish oil
Multivitamins
Glutamine
BCAAs
Natural test boosters
Protein synthesis amplifiers
Zinc
Carbohydrate powders
Creatine
Creatine nitrate
>>
I did full squats today with 1pl8 for the first time and the part inside the joints of my hips and tight hurt. What could I be doing wrong?
>>
i'm running PPL routi,ne and i fucking hate push days. my pull and leg days, everything is balanced and smooth. but i can't work shoulders and chest in the same workout. pls help.
>>
>>35150012
>>35150013
No way he OHP 52,5kg with those shoulders or bench 90 kg with those titties..and everything in general

He doesn't even look like he has muscles to do 152kg DL also.

It's just an opinion and I can be wrong
>>
Being now on 19 % bodyfat ,really unhappy with it. Cutting will start on march because of dem summer sixpacks. How can I cut down on my bodyfat without loosing my lifts ?
>>
>>35150033

Creatine, fish oil and multis have some scientific backing. BCAAs do as well, but its in pretty limited circumstances. Zinc and glutamine are mostly anecdotal from what I've seen, but I don't know enough to say either way.

The others are largely bullshit, although carb powders have some limited use in the right circumstances.
>>
>>35149984
>cooking oats

Just mix them with milk, 1 strawberry scoop and honey,tastes like heaven.
>>
>>35150033
>>35150073

I've seen quite a bit of information on zinc being great for boners and ejaculation. It's included in your average men's multi so why not?
>>
File: fatfuck77.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
fatfuck77.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1936
>>35150053
my 1rm is 100 kg and i look like a pile of shit...

by the way, pic related is me. i kinda believe my chest looks like utter shit, not only because of my high body fat and low muscle mass, but because my insertions. how true is this? btw, i don't have gyno. i went to the docs.
>>
>>35150102
Here you look better lol, in that pic you looked skinnyfat with no muscle, and here builtfat, thats why I said all of it.

Keep bulking until february and start cutting on March, will do wonders on you like did on me(I was like you, cut and everybody mirin by summer)
>>
>>35150134
i'm a different guy lol

i've never bulked in my life, i'll cut down a bit more, until february i guess.
>>
>>35149863

The day after I did then for the first time my traps had major DOMs and my arms were wrecked because my gym doesn't have bumpers so I had to hang clean.

Now its just my shoulders because I can't drop the weights to the floor and have to catch the bar as it drops
>>
What happens when you end up squatting more then you deadlift on SL 5x5?
>>
>>35149876

>those horrifically disproportionate lifts

>tfw "don't do a strength routine or you'll end up a fat powershitter"
>>
File: who in their right mind.jpg (142 KB, 427x500) Image search: [Google]
who in their right mind.jpg
142 KB, 427x500
>>35150182
how does that even?
>>
>>35149896

When did you do them, on bench days or after OHP?
>>
>>35150053

I dunno. I beat all his lifts @ 187 lbs.
>>
>>35150102

Insertions are fine. When you lean out you'll look bigger and more proportionate.
>>
>>35150167
Oh well, then follow my advice and bulk till February and start cutting in March if you care about summer bitches.
>>
>>35150188
My squat lacks because i injured my knees, everything else is going fine.
>>35150053
Why would i lie about my stats, i want advice lol.
>>
>>35150199
You add 5 lbs to each lift per routine, you squat twice as much as deadlift.

You would eventually pass up deadlifts in this manner.
>>
Reposting something I was curious about from the old thread that hit bump limit and I'm too lazy to edit to fit the context of a new thread

Hopefully this post gets seen even though this thread is at bump limit, but does anyone know if it's alright to subtract some fat calories from burgers and bacon you cook if you pour it out from your pan and weigh it? I just cooked a half pound of ground beef and four slices of bacon for lunch and 48g of grease was leftover after I was done. Would I need to let the hot grease solidify so it separates from the water to get the actual grams of fat I could not count in my daily intake? Usually I just assume I'm getting all those calories but I was curious about those extra steps to be more accurate.
>>
>>35150261
Stop eating cancer stuff.

And yes theoretically, however it's better to just stop eating that shit quality food in general.
>>
>>35150223
meh not this summer, but the next summer will be mine.
>>
File: DO SOMETHING FAGGOT.gif (1 MB, 288x314) Image search: [Google]
DO SOMETHING FAGGOT.gif
1 MB, 288x314
>>35150271
>ground beef
>bacon
>shit food
>>
>>35150203
I do OHP and bench on different days. I had trouble pushing OHP after hard bench sessions. Putting the two exercises on different days helped my OHP progress.

If my workout includes chest stuff, I try get in flat and incline bench with both barbells and dumbbells.

If I'm doing shoulder stuff, I try get in OHP, lateral raises, dumbbell OHP and cable face pulls

And just for clarity I don't have a dedicated day for only bench or OPH. This is mixed in with other compounds I'm doing.
>>
>>35150255
Bro did you even read the stronglifts guide?

You increase deadlift by 10 lbs each time, rather than by 5, to counteract this exact scenario.
>>
>>35150306
Fml son, thanks senpai

I thought something was fishy with the whole ordeal, i only read the overview. Recovering from snap city, maybe it's better that i increase by 5 anyways.
>>
>>35150275
If you're going to do that, then you should:

Cut until 14-15% body fat, you'll look decent and with some muscle already.

Then do a clean bulk of 300 cals and don't gain more than 2 kg/month.

I did this, gained weight and muscle without increasing a single cm in my belly(I check it every week with a tape measure)

Just my advice m8, good luck
>>
>>35150341

225 squat
245 dl

Well i wonder if i should go up by 20 per routine now
>>
Stupid question incoming. Starting to go try working out some of my muscles parts 2x a week. So i have a question. when someone works out both muscle group 2x a week for ex bicepts Monday and then Saturday and you have total of 6 exercise for your bicepts. Do you split 3 exercises on Monday and rest 3 on Saturday or full 6 exercises on Monday and Saturday? Stupid question i know.
>>
>>35150295

Right, I was looking at it from an SS point of view with workout A/B
>>
>>35150356
this is almost same with my plan too breh. imma cut to 10% bf tho.
>>
>>35150261
In general, calorie estimations on food labeling are for the cooked food item. For instance, the calories given on bacon packaging is usually for a pan fried rasher, and thus already includes the fact that it will have less fat than the raw strip.
You will be double subtracting this rendered out fat if you do this.
If you cook something in a different way than the given example, such as on a grill, where all fat drains away, you may have very slightly reduced the amount of final calories, but the best way to find out is to look up a trustworthy resource on how many calories per gram that food cooked in that way has, because, for instance, food laboratories have often done things like put it in a calorimeter, or reduced it to slurry and done a bioavailability analysis on the components.

(Why is captcha suddenly obsessed with palm trees?)
>>
Is it possible to burn out your CNS hard enough with a workout session to induce increased anxiety and paranoia? I did a monster session on Friday, broke some PRs and sat in the bath at home afterwards thinking an axe murderer was gonna bust in and crack my skull open.

First time this has happened in a long time, just wondering if the workout was partly to blame.
>>
>>35149971
I don't know what the fuck you've been reading, but jasmine rice is a varietal, a breed of rice.

Brown versus white is a processing difference: the rice hull is left on, or it is removed, respectively.

Jasmine rice is available both white and brown.
>>
>>35150461
CNS burnout is often overidentified, but has to do with literal physiological problems in your spine (and further out too). If your work out gave you anxiety problems it would be more related to exhaustion, stress, or maybe some elevated hormones of some sort.
>>
I injured my bicep years ago, I heard a tearing sound when it happened. There's a minor physical deformity with the elasticity of the muscle (I.E It's not as tight as my other one).

So what's happening is, whenever I supinate my arm (moving my hand palm up) I hear a cracking sound somewhere in my bicep. I can't seem to pin point exactly where it's coming from but it's pretty consistent. If I don't constantly supinate throughout the day, whenever I go to do it again it'll crack. It feels as if it gets tighter and tighter, then supinating releases it. The cracking happens at least 50+ times a day.

I really don't think this is normal, what do?
>>
>>35150386
I've never arrived to 10%, my most was 12% because I reached a point where I thought that I hadn't enough muscle to keep cutting. So now I'm still 12% but with 5 more kg of pure mucle
>>
6'1 120 Kilo
Changing diet from
~4000Cal to ~1000Cal
Currently fat and want to slim down hard during winter. Also, no money for gym or anything like that. Aside from hunger pain, are there any health side effects I should be aware of?
>>
When I do a pull-up, I don't want to start from a full hang, right?
>>
File: barhang.png (39 KB, 294x250) Image search: [Google]
barhang.png
39 KB, 294x250
Does hanging on the pull up bar after a set of squats/deadlifts decompress my spine?
>>
>>35150716
If you're not a basic bitch, you start with locked out arms for each pullup.
>>
>>35150726
I don't know but I do it anyway because it feels good.
>>
>>35150726
Yes.
>>
>>35150726
Yes. Even better if you are hanging upside down.

If you do hang upside down, be careful not to go for too long, or you'll pass out when you stand up.
>>
When I'm doing stuff like squats or deadlifts, is it acceptable to pause at the top (or at the bottom for DL) for a short period of time? How long or short is acceptable and am I shorting myself of gains if I do that?
>>
I fell off the wagon at the beginning of this summer because of cubital tunnel syndrome and I'm a kek.

My lifts when I stopped training were 4 plate deadlift, 3 plate squat and 1 plate bench (bench was hampered by fucked shoulder and cubital tunnel syndrome) on SL 5x5.

What program should I restart on? I'm pretty active generall now, playing basket ball, field hockey and badminton and all-pro's is currently what I'm thinking of doing.

Or should I got back to SL 5x5 or do SS?
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1080
Few questions, mainly about dips.

Been doing SS for 2 months now, and everything seemed to go well until last friday.

So I was almost done for the day, just had to do 2x8 of non weighted dips. First set goes okay, and at the second set at the seventh rep something weird happened.
As I got up from the 8th rep, I suddenly got immense stomach ache and had a headache that lasted 20-30 minutes. Never occured before, mind helping out?

Secondly, about dips too, my body tends to shake a lot doing dips, making it harder to do them in general. Is it me being weak or is it my posture?

Last question is whether I do diddlys using the shorter bar, or the slightly longer squat-bar?

Thanks.
>>
>>35150802
Whatever doesn't fuck with your schedule bro.
>>
File: 1449221177467.png (65 KB, 506x608) Image search: [Google]
1449221177467.png
65 KB, 506x608
>>35150741
>mfw I'm a basic bitch but I've been punching above my weight
Couldn't do one, now I can do four. One day I'll be cool.
>>
>>35148460
if you have to ask...
>>
>>35149886
Ive been cutting for the longer part so it has always been slow I'd say. I started bulking recently I feel better. Progress is a bit faster than before but still pretty slow. Lifts arent really close to 1/2/3/4 probably because I skipped a lot when on vacation, exams, moved to a different city etc. I also started with 0 prior training. They are(in kg):

squat 102.5
deadlift 120
bench 62.5
OHP 42.5
Row 55

I think Ill stick with it more maybe till 1/2/3/4 then some intermediate program, not sure which though. I know I need to work my upper body more from the stats.
>>
>>35149410
The fat. I still have it at 170 does it just start rapidly shrinking at like under 160? (5'11)
>>
Mid back right below my right shoulder blade caused by low bar squats.

How to prevent next time?

I've been doing band dislocations between sets, am i over using it?
>>
>>35148325
Bodyweight exercises and eating less.
Bodyweight stuff is fun when losing weight anyway
>>
Been lifting for about a year but neglecting cardio. I have a 1.5mile PT run coming up and I want to destroy it. Anyone have any tips on a good cardio routine?
>>
I was able to bench 185 for 4x7
(im in the process of increasing my weight but i want to make sure i can do it as close to 3x8 vefore i advance to 195 lbs for 5x5)

I got rlly drunk and the next day i could barely do 5x5 185lbs

Wtf. Was it because i have alcohol in my system? Is alcohol to blame for not being able to perform at my max?
Or could this be from not eating well, not resting well, and not training well?
>>
>>35151209
running
>>
If I do abs and Im overweight, should I even bother?
>>
So I've been seeing a physical therapist for my back, because every time I go to the gym now I re-injure my back. He seems to think that my back keeps getting hurt because I have a weak core. Do you think this is correct? I also noticed that on deadlift and squats I don't feel any DOMS in my glutes, but my hammies and quads are fucking rekt.
>>
>>35151710
what do you mean by do abs?
>>
>>35151780
sit ups crunches and oblique exercises
>>
How can I increase the flexibility in my wrists to better front squat/low bar back squat? My shit aches hard if I put them under stress at an angle. After doing high bar for months, I've come to like low bar a lot better, but I can't bend my wrists for shit.
>>
>>35151799
training your abs wont give u visable abs. Having lower body fat% will. You should calculate your TDEE and eat -500 cals less of that everyday. It's important to eat a lot of protein and train ur muscles whatever way u like(doing compound movements is recommended here). Youll lose 0.5 kg a week this way. Keep at it till you see abs. It will be slow progress don't expect to see them in a month. You can also go youtube the truth behind abs or idk something similar by Alan Thrall.
>>
>>35151853
cool thanks
>>
>>35150790
>is it acceptable
yes
>for how long?
Until you feel like you can get another rep going. Obviously a set of 5 shouldn't take you a whole minute, but when squatting I take a moment at the top of the rep to fully exhale and fully inhale. At the bottom of a deadlift you should do the same, and also take a moment to make sure your form will stay in check - is the bar in the right place, are your feet planted properly, etc. You aren't shorting yourself on gains by doing this, you're making sure you don't buy a first class ticket to snap city.
>>
>>35151745
You do probably have a weak core, anon. The purpose of your abdominal muscles are to help stabilize your back; this is why you take a deep breath into your stomach before you squat/deadlift, to further support a neutral spine. Do a form check video.
>>
>>35149920
Mate, I'm eating a single meal of 1200 kcals every 24 hours. I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and have almost lost 6kg.

You're not gonna starve..
>>
>>35151941
Hmm ok. I just wanted another opinion in case my pt was memeing me for money. I'll start doing all of his recommended exercises.
>>
>>35151955
You don't need to keep seeing a PT, just get a list of exercises and do them. Strengthen your core and stop pounding your back. Hurting yourself over and over like that indicates one or more of the following: Your form is bad; you have some kind of lasting injury/disability; you are trying to move weight heavier than you can handle and probably throwing form out the window to do it. Drop the weight and focus on rehabbing yourself, not on crushing PRs. I know cardio is a meme on /fit/ but I really recommend swimming to get your core tuned up. It will place little to no strain on your back. You would probably also do well with back hyperextensions. Last but not least, stretch stretch stretch. Start your workout by stretching, stretch while you workout, finish by stretching. IF you aren't stretching, you're snapping, plain and simple. Especially if you're a guy like me - I'm about as flexible as a plank, and it's piss easy to snap my shit up. I stretch *a lot* to make sure this doesn't happen.
>>
What are some easy things to eat for breakfast? i've been eating oats/eggs for the past 2 months but i've become sick of them.

My appetite is so bad for my first meal i can barely scrape together a 300-400 breakfast.

Any tips on easy/light things to eat for breakfast that amounts to around 500 (or higher) calories?
>>
>>35150589
Go to a doctor
>>
>>35152096
Milk, yogurt, start putting stuff in your oatmeal so you aren't eating it plain. Nuts, agave, and blue/black/raspberries are my personal go-tos.
>>
>>35151209
Fartlek
>>
>>35152137
i usually use fruit in my oats, but honestly even that has gotten pretty boring now. I'll try nuts, but honestly that would seem pretty difficult to get down because of how shit my appetite is during the morning. Thanks
>>
>>35152183
Buttermilk, cinnamon and brown sugar are my faves, even if I must sacrifice my rare carb macro ratio to it.
>>
>>35152096
would like to have this problem
>>
>>35152183
If you really can't stand eating, just drink your calories. You can pound down 16-20oz of milk pretty easily and gain a lot of calories that way. There's also egg nog this time of year, if you're really hurting for calories.
>>
>>35152031
Cool, thanks for the advice. Wish my PT would have shown that much intuition. Although I guess it comes from one person with struggles to another, something I doubt the PT would know about.
>>
I suppose this is QTDDTOT-worthy

>18 yo
>130/60 blood pressure
>I run twice a week and lift three times a week

Am I fucking up? Do I have good or bad BP?
>>
Does anyone HIIT 3 times a week?

The stories seem too good to be true
>>
Assuming the time spent is the same; is there any difference in the quality of the rest you get if you sleep sitting up, as opposed to laying down?
>>
My TDEE is 1350. I've already lost about 15 just kind of fucking around, but I'm taking things more seriously the closer I get to my goal.

I'm trying to lose 1.5 pounds a week, but I bump it up to a 900 kcal deficit to compensate for impulse control problems and the holiday season, and then some to quell anxieties. This leaves me with eating 450 kcal a day. This is quite do-able for me and doesn't cause me too many problems. Is it really that bad to eat that little, or am I just an outlier in what's recommended because of my ridiculous TDEE and it's okay in my individual case?

I know I'm not going to meet all my daily recommended minimums due to the quantity of my food but I'd say the quality is, overall, still good (everything is either eggs, raw or steamed vegetables, oatmeal, berries, or Greek yogurt). I'm so close anyway, does falling short on them even really hurt me if it's only for like 4 weeks?
>>
>>35153101
I meant to say this is assuming you fall asleep equally easily, and thus spend the same time sleeping in either position.
>>
File: 1449326548434.jpg (72 KB, 921x921) Image search: [Google]
1449326548434.jpg
72 KB, 921x921
>>35148325
Should I use a belt like pic related for Power Cleans?
Is it safe to use it for 5 rep sets?

&

What is the advantage of having 36 inch wrist wraps over 24, 18, 12, etc.
>>
>>35153190

Hard to see from that pic, but that belt looks terrible.

Longer wrist wraps allow for more support. Which makes basically no difference at the weights most people use.
>>
>>35153023
I do it 5-7 days a week and have dropped bf like nothing else, although I've never done dnp.
I make sure to get .82g of protein per lb of lbm and I'm on a cut of somewhere between a 500-1000 calorie deficit. I have kept what seems to be all of my muscle mass from my previous bulk. 10/10 would recommend
>>
what type of squat activates glutes best? should i do low bar wide stance ATG?
>>
>>35153198
I'm suggesting the cloth style belt because the proper 4 inch 10mm thick powerlfiting belt can restrict mobility in a clean, and the lever one i have juts out and can bump the barbell on the way up. Alan Thrall recommends it, but he didn't specifically say weather it should be used for power cleans or not, so that's why I'm asking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9LIsIpsQE
>>
>>35153265

The light cloth belts, for a lot of people, are essentially a fashion accessory. The amount of support they offer is really minimal. Some people get a decent amount out of it but even a lot of the elite forgo them.
>>
how the fuck do i do weighted chins.

what do i use to weigh myself down?
>>
My sister has been to the gym for more than a year and has program hopped a lot and still has novice lifts for her weight and height
Should I get her on Ss/Gs/Sl if she wants to lift weights and lose weight?
>>
>>35148387
You should feel lucky that you haven't been run out of your homeland by murderous lunatics. That should be enough motivation to not be a faggot, but here we are.

Listen man, you should really fix that sleep schedule and get out more. The way I look at it, my environment is changeable and I have the ability to change it. So I look for inefficiencies, try to fix them.

For example, I can't trust myself to do work on my computer when there are games, so I got a program to block applications/websites during whatever time I choose; after its been set I can't get around it without spending considerable energy.

Another, I bought a laminated calendar. On days I do school work/ study /whatever I get a red x, on days I work out I get a blue plus. The point is to collect x's and plus's, and it gives you a history of all your hard work.

Stop being a faggot and live as best as you possibly can.
>>
File: chest.png (140 KB, 253x492) Image search: [Google]
chest.png
140 KB, 253x492
I have really only been doing bench for my chest and now im left with a disproportionate chest, how do i fill in the circled part? what exercises, im assuming a incline workout of some sort?
>>
>>35150362
Can someone please answer my question?
>>
>tfw kissless virgin
>become infatuated with any girl that talks to me
how do i stop this? i think of how my crush is probably with "chad" right now and it is depressing
;_;
>>
>>35151364

Anyone got experience with alcohol anf lifting?
>>
>>35153481
Get into 2D
>>
Pretty unhappy with how I look, cut down from 78kg to 70kg but I feel like I still need to lose a few kg but also put on some muscle. Summer just started a few days back so I'm hesitant to start bulking but I know I need to for long term. I'm not really happy with how lean I am now so I feel bulking will make me even unhappier, but if I keep cutting I feel like I'll just be spinning my wheels.

Anyone been in this position before?
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 251x251
I can't tell if I have a (slight/beginning of) hernia from doing squats yesterday. I felt a dull pain in my lower dick area (like around middle urethra) a little time after doing my set of squats, and the pain still seems to be there today. There aren't any obvious bulges, when I cough or tense my abs it doesn't hurt, and I only feel it when I "flex" my dick (like doing a kegel). It hurt a bit yesterday at around parallel in a body weight squat, but now it doesn't seem to do that.

So, I have two questions.
1. Do I have the beginning of a hernia?
2. Should I lift tomorrow (I'll be doing heavy squats and deadlifts) or should I skip the workout until I can see a doctor on Monday?
>>
>>35153574
you don't have to get fat to build muscle
>>
>>35153600

So you think I should slow bulk?

Say if this is my goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Y7oZZOZjE

Possible by December 2016?
>>
>>35153540
no, i want to be less pathetic
>>
>>35153657
>implying
>>
>>35148325
r/bodyweightfitness
>>
>>35150837

1) No idea about it, maybe you were dehydrated, maybe you twinged a nerve somewhere, its hard to tell anything concrete from that description. If you're concerned, see a doctor. If it happens a again definitely see a doctor.

2) The shaking is fine, usually its your CNS and the related motor patterns struggling to keep you upright and stable because they're not used to that position and they're finding it hard to keep you straight. As you keep going and get stronger you should experience that less and less. I got it a lot when I started some calisthenics straight-arm skills.

3) it doesnt really matter that much as long as the weights are the same. Which is free/has better grip/you prefer to use.
>>
>>35150870
>Couldn't do one, now I can do four.
how long did it take you? how much do you weight?
>>
>>35153481
You talk to more girls. They're not some mystical special creature anon. they're humans just like you. Do your lifting, look after yourself first. You are with you the whole time you're alive: nobody else is. You're the priority here, so dedicate to yourself first.

Then, go out at times, day or night will probably give you different chances. Take a bus or drive to somewhere you're not often around, that'll give you confidence to be more open. Then just try and talk to people. A the start you'll be autistic and embarrassing and crap at it. Relax. Just keep chatting to people. it's a numbers game: the more you do it the more likely you are of succeeding. Who cares if your crush is with Chad? Once she's done with Chad she'll find Brad or Bruce or Dwayne. If you lift and look after yourself and get a decent character, you'll be the Chad someone else fears. You may never get a turn with your crush and frankly, that doesn't matter, because there are plenty of others.
>>
>>35153977

If that's an actual squat bar (like, a 55lb competition bar) its a nightmare to deadlift with. Stiff as an axle and with knurling that will cut you as soon as look at you.
>>
>>35150716
Yes you do want to start from deadhang, just make sure you've got decent shoulder mobility first so you don't mess your rotators.
>>
how do i cut?

150 lbs 5'10'' 19. Was 143, ate 4000+ kcal for a few months and got to 157ish max weight, barely ate and slept for a week and now im back at 150, skinny fat.

How many calories should i eat per day?
>>
>>35154018
Oh right, was assuming it was a standard 45lb bar that they just used for squats. Thanks for the heads-up.
>>
I got hit by a car last week. Luckily enough I only broke my right hand (metacarpale 5). Have to wear a wrist cast for the next 5 weeks. Any anons with experience in training without using your right hand?

Tl;Dr broken right hand, what do in gym?
>>
>>35151953
allright, I will try it.
>>
My routine is push workout, pull workout, leg day. AxBxCxx and repeat. Is it too much to wait a week between repeating workouts?
>>
>>35154914
ya, if you only wanna train 3 times a week do fullbody, ppl is great but not if you only have one push day a week.

idk, if you wanna go 4 times a week you can do push/pull or phul, but with 3 days fullbody is kind of the way to go
>>
>>35154959
can you post a full body routine with chinups and dips?
>>
>>35154959
I just want my weekends to be free (sat and sun), Been thinking about doing this

ABCxAxxBCxABxxCxABCxx
>>
how long is too long between working out a muscle group?
>>
>>35150033
fish oil, zinc and creatine would be the main ones that have an affect i dont know enough about BCAA's to comment on them, multivit is good i guess but not as good as a balanced diet
>>
>>35155068
I tend to look at training as a week long accumulation of volume. If you could have added more volume that week without fatiguing yourself and risking injury then you didn't train it enough. I'd say you should try to hit large muscle groups with heavy compound movements 3 times a week.
>>
>>35154959
You don't have to do full body and no where it says full body is the best for 3 day split.
>>
>>35148325
My hips are very sore from all the squats/mobility/stretching Ive been doing for the past two weeks, should I power through the soreness or wait a few days until it subsides?
>>
File: 1336494386724.png (126 KB, 526x472) Image search: [Google]
1336494386724.png
126 KB, 526x472
Is it possible to eat 500g of food that contains 3500kcal which means 1kg of body weight?
>>
>>35155642
yes it is
>>
>>35153348
Arnold swore on chest flies for that extreme chest isolation
>>
If you do both bent-over rows and power cleans on the same day, which is the better order to do them in?
>>
>>35153101
Please respond.
>>
>>35153101
You shift and roll around in your sleep atuomatically so you don't block the blood flow, sitting you obviously cannot do that and if blood flow is blocked certain parts of the body won't be getting any fresh blood or not enough so you will lose gains.
Obviously if you find a way to sit and still keep your body well regulated it should be fine unless maybe the strain it has on your joints and back.
>>
>>35154013
>You talk to more girls.
where do i find these girls that are into strangers talking to them?

>because there are plenty of others.
not for me, as i rarely meet girls
>>
>>35148325
just downloaded the 5x5 app.

what shoes should i get?

my gf is doing olympic weightlifting, she said i should buy a pair of chucks.
are they good for weightlifting?
>>
>>35155763
for size and strenght rows first
powerclean first for more explosive power
>>
>>35156084
bump

bought these
http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEU-Converse-All-Star-Chucks-Hi-Ox-versch-Farben-Damen-und-Herren-Sneaker-/191751258448

the low versions.
good choice or not?
>>
File: clinton.jpg (61 KB, 427x648) Image search: [Google]
clinton.jpg
61 KB, 427x648
is it too bad to start at coolcicada's PPL as a beginner?

I've been doing icf 5x5 for a month and a half now, and I've some gains on strength. But until march I'll have no classes and will only work on the weekends; so I thought I could hit the gym more times. of course, got plenty time to rest and eat.

6'5 218lbs atm...
>>
>>35156108

My rows are already way ahead of my other lifts, so it sounds like cleans first. Is it okay to alternate the order once everything's caught up?
>>
I've had a lump on my lower leg for about 2 months now. It's hard, painless, immovable and about 1 cm wide. Can't go to the doc until tomorrow.

This is almost definitely soft tissue sarcoma, right?
>>
>>35156195
>cant go to the doc until tomorrow
wait for tomorrow
>>
I bought some mushrooms. Give me a tasty fit recipe that goes well with them
>>
>>35148325
Lateral raises and front raises: on push day or pull day?
>>
>>35156219
mushrooms with anything because mushrooms are fucking awesome
>>
Tuesday:
Squat / Bench or Military / Pendlay rows
5x10 DB Bench or Military
5x10 Hammer curls
5x10 LTE

Thursday:
Squat / Bench or Military / Deadlifts
5x10 Hammer grip Chin-ups
5x10 Ab-Rollouts

Saturday:
Squat / Bench or Military / Pendlay rows
5x10 Hammer curls
5x10 LTE

This is my SS + MADCOW 5x5 program.
I do Madcow for Squats, Deadlifts and rows, and I do SS for Bench press and overhead press.

Two questions:
Is there enough back volume? I don't want a shitty back and rolled forward shoulders.

Are semi cheat rows Okay?
When doing pendlay rows I like to go heavy and use a little momentum to get the bar up.
Is this okay?
>>
What do you wear in the gym? Are joggers ok? I used to wear shorts but its getting too cold for that shit. What brands would you recommend?
>>
>>35156507
I wear a plain black tee and basketball shorts and some cheap shoes.
No brands or I don't know them
>>
6'2 skinnyfat guy here. I have never really done any exercise in my life until recently, but now I'm changing things around massively.

The info in the sticky and /fit/ threads has helped a lot, but could somebody please list any other websites, blogs, youtubers, magazines, whatever that are helpful, informative, motivational, humorous or otherwise just generally /fit/ related??
>>
File: 1435073406721.jpg (72 KB, 429x514) Image search: [Google]
1435073406721.jpg
72 KB, 429x514
168 lbs 5"10 here.

I was doing half GOMAD a day and just eating dinner, wanted to gain weight so I added 100g of peanut butter, tbsp of olive oil and x2 weetabix a day

that's about 900 calories
how have I lost weight? somebody explain it to me

I have eaten ^ every day without failure, and now I've lost 7lbs. should I just start GOMAD again?
>>
>>35156537
Count all of your calories, you must be doing something wrong.
>>
>>35156507
same question here.
ordered some ordinary black joggers
>>
>>35156542
will do
I've been ill for a day and started working so that might be it
>>
File: fit.jpg (128 KB, 1062x528) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
128 KB, 1062x528
>>35156507
Chucks and basic cotton t-shirts and sweatpants from Uniqlo: comfy, cheap, good fits
>>
>>35156623
that's some top-tier taste, Anon
Uniqlo is GOAT
>>
>>35152989
You're fine.
>>
>>35156507
Thrift shop sleeveless dri-fit or similar, basketball / gym shorts, Reebok Classic running shoes to go fast
>>
>>35148325
I am feeling tightness and discomfort in my right arm(just above the triceps) while holding it in proper position for squatting, how can I stretch this area?
>>
File: 1449034992358.png (11 KB, 642x434) Image search: [Google]
1449034992358.png
11 KB, 642x434
I fucked up on my diet, and over the course of two days ate (and drank) about ~2000 calories over my goal.
If I fast today, will that make up for it, or just fuck my metabolism up?

This is the first time I've slipped up in about a month. My progress is good, and I want to continue it because I KNOW I'll be cheating a few days over winter break so I want to maximize my losses for the time being.
>>
>>35156866
it's ok
just don't do it too often
>>
Does it really matter how many meals a day you eat as long as you get your macros in? I normally get around 1k+ calories per meal and I don't really have a problem with it (i don't feel like throwing up etc)

Is this a problem or can i just keep doing it? I dont feel like i have time to eat 6+ times a day and still get shit done
>>
>>35156866
You shouldn't fast, just keep up with your diet normally unless you fuck up for like a week then some time of cutting is up which shouldn't be done with fasting but with a deficit of around 500kcal
>>
Can anyone recommend some good shoulder exercises that put zero to minimal compression on the spine? Military press is likely out the window for a while...
>>
>>35156947
That's what I figured
I just don't want this guilt on my shoulders, I feel AWFUL for having overeaten.
Which is a good thing, I guess.

>>35156988
Are you sure anon? I mean, logic says that if it's calories in calories out, 2000 over could be resolved by fasting for a day (or just *almost* fasting, eating 500 calories because that'd square me off since my BMR is 2500
>>
>>35157005
It'll fuck with your lifts and all, one day of a fuck up is horrible but what you're doing is stupid.
Keep up you'll have to cut those 2k later on your cut.
>>
>>35157005
>Are you sure anon? I mean, logic says that if it's calories in calories out, 2000 over could be resolved by fasting for a day (or just *almost* fasting, eating 500 calories because that'd square me off since my BMR is 2500

Not the anon you're responding to, but many intermittent fasters stop looking at daily calories and instead look at weekly calories, especially when they squeeze in things like every other day fast. So yes, it could work and there is even evidence that gorging then fasting could be a healthier alternative to normal eating.
>>
What routine should I use, if I want to look like a twink?
>>
>>35156992
Please respond
>>
>>35157028
Thankfully I'm not lifting yet so it wouldn't fuck anything up
I'm just going to take the next week and remove 300 calories from each day so it evens itself out

2000 calories of cheat is like... a work week lost. That's not good.

>>35157055
Do what I'm doing
Ridiculous amounts of cardio on things like bikes/stepping machines for legs
stair sprints
Then combine that with glute exercises like barbell thrusts
>>
>>35156149
pls respond
>>
>>35156150
Ignore the retard that answered you. Do power cleans always first since they are way more technical.
>>
>>35157102
Frankly, I don't think such thing exists.
>>
How do I achieve CIA mode?
>>
>>35156219
http://foodwishes.blogspot.fi/2011/03/just-chicken-and-mushrooms.html
>>
Guys I need some questions answered. I've been eating a shit ton to gain weight so its obviously that im gonna be shitting a lot. Any way Ive been checking my shit when its in the toilet and I shit you not the looks like its not even digested. I can still make out individual bits of food. Last week I shat out SOLID corn kernels I literally shat out corn. How can I fix this? Is it fucking with my gains?
>>
>>35157507
You don't digest some of the stuff in corn
that's completely normal, the skin around the individual kernels is indigestible.
>>
Where can I find good cardio routines for beginners that are not running?
>>
>>35157644
cardio routines?
Nigga wtf
>>
>>35157644
"couch 2 5k", look up on it
>>
What is some /fit/ approved literature?
>>
My recommended calorie intake to cut is 2800 But I barely eat 1600
Am I hurting my gains by doing this? Im hemorrhaging fat which is what I want but because I dont seem to really be lifting any heavier I think Im also losing mass, Ive also been getting bad headaches that go away after I eat something
>>
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 1238x1807) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 1238x1807
What routine to achieve this?
>>
File: Fit Reading (3).jpg (2 MB, 4961x3508) Image search: [Google]
Fit Reading (3).jpg
2 MB, 4961x3508
>>35157750
Mishima's Sun & Steel
The Greeks
Nietzsche
Marcus Aurelius Meditations
>>
Difference between man boobs and gyno? Will man boobs only get worse while bulking?
>>
How do /fit/izen go to sleep? The more i sweat in the day, the harder it gets for me to sleep at night.
>>
>>35158948
>man boobs
you're fat an have boobs
>gyno
you're not fat and have boobs
>>35158975
stretch and colol down, also don't train too late
>>
>>35156815
Help
>>
What's the best way to gain mass in your calves
>Inb4 calf raises
No shit, what's the best way to do them?
>>
File: 1448834124110.jpg (45 KB, 480x381) Image search: [Google]
1448834124110.jpg
45 KB, 480x381
>>35159506
No need to be hostile friend
>>
>>35159526
Sorry but thanks, what should I do for reps and sets? I have scent leg strength and can figure out the weight on my own
>>
>>35159548
I leave calf work last and usually do 3-4 sets of 20 for every feet position. As for the weight, see what you find challenging and slowly increase the load.
>>
>>35157845
Plz help
>>
Stupid question incoming. Starting to go try working out some of my muscles parts 2x a week. So i have a question. when someone works out both muscle group 2x a week for ex bicepts Monday and then Saturday and you have total of 6 exercise for your bicepts. Do you split 3 exercises on Monday and rest 3 on Saturday or full 6 exercises on Monday and Saturday? Stupid question i know.
>>
File: 1446214611628.png (102 KB, 305x305) Image search: [Google]
1446214611628.png
102 KB, 305x305
>>35160838
>bicepts
>>
>>35157617
But what about me not being able to digest other foods like beans. I think I can't digest vegetables for shit. And rice also tends to completely solid in my stool
>>
>>35160859
?????????
Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.