[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is every ketofag either very skinny, skinnyfat or still just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
why is every ketofag either very skinny, skinnyfat or still just fat? what I've noticed is they're basically always DYEL
>>
They also do not have diabetes. Why is that?
>>
because nobody who trains hard does keto.
>>
>>35146892
Fats aren't useful for anaerobic exercise, i.e. lifting. Keto is more advantageous for people who won't exercise no matter what.
>>
>>35146892
You need insulin for gaining mass. There you have it.
>>
>>35146909
Look up carb back-loading.

I don't know why everyone on /fit/ doesn't realize you can combine keto/carb cyling/intermittent fasting for the ideal diet.
>>
>>35146892
>eating two eggs reduces hour intake by 400 kcal

Wtf does this even mean
>>
most people do keto to lose weight, its not the best diet for long term lifestyle

Thats why it seems to be mostly overweight people doing it
>>
>>35146892
>>35146909
You guys know that most pro bodybuilders follow low carb diets to get lean, right?

Kevin Levrone, for example, did zero carbs to get shredded.

Low carb is the best way to get lean, you'd know this if you knew shit about liftan
>>
>>35147343
they all eat a ton of carbs pre contest you dumb faggot
I would say Levrone especially because he always grew before contests (because he would use low doses for offseason)
don't trust what they say. instead trust what you can see them doing. and what's easy to notice is that they eat whatever the fuck they want because it comes down to the number of calories and because drugs do all the work t b h
>>
>>35146892
because lifting does not equal fitness.

Fitness is total body health.
You do not need excessive muscles to be considered healthy.
You do not need an excessively low body fat to be considered healthy.

Health is defined in a few categories.
>mental
How long can you remember things and how easily can you piece together puzzles.
>physical cardio
How is your cardiovascular system.
>physical strength
How is your muscular, skeletal density.
>immune system
How easily do you defend your body from foreign material/life

If you think that just being able to life makes you /fit/.
You are just as bad as the obese fags.
>>
>>35146900

>implying a high fat diet isn't a fast track to insulin resistance
>>
>>35147398
ya pre-contest means literally the day or 2 before, just to get maximum pump in their muscles, they go low carb weeks before to lose weight though.
>>
>>35147632
yeah they definitely cut carbs and not fats. it's not like they take insulin or something
>>
>>35147284
eggs have negative calories
just like organic food
>>
>>35147646
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak26.htm
>>
>>35147510

>citation needed
>>
>>35147284

behavioural studies

"people who eat X 'tend' to consume less Y"
>>
>>35147343
It's good for losing weight, not performance or gaining lean mass.
>>
Ketosis is highly catabolic. It causes release of many stress hormones that encourage proteolysis and inhibit protein synthesis and cell growth. Ketogenic diets are pretty much the worst option for maintaining lean tissue on a cut.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/zghfl/my_3_month_keto_transformation_see_the_difference/
>>
>>35149326
Citation needed
>>
>>35146892
Because meme diets attract people who suck at nutrition.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.