[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fell for the bulk meme. What do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 1423885382022.jpg (259 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1423885382022.jpg
259 KB, 1000x1500
Hi /fit/, tl;dr I went from skinny to fat.

I was skinny all my life and had trouble gaining weight. So I decided to eat big to get big and went up from 52kg to 82 and look disgusting now with mediocre muscle gains (mostly did compounds and got stronger) . I ate clean (brown rice, chicken, salmon) and avoided sugar, junk foods etc.

Thinking of doing keto for my cut. Is it worth it, or is it also a meme?

Should I still bother with the compounds on a cut?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>35145457
>Thinking of doing keto for my cut. Is it worth it, or is it also a meme?

It's a fad diet. Many of these are centered around carb vs fat balance, others are about a specific piece of food. As you should know, there is no evidence that any of these are better than others. If you believe in these diets, go do them, just remember that in the end, it’s about persistence, patience, protein and calories. If your diet of choice gets these 4 right, it will work. If not, it wont.

>Should I still bother with the compounds on a cut?
Yes
>>
>>35145457
Post pic and timeframe
>>
>had trouble gaining weight
>52kg to 82kg
>ate clean

Something doesn't add up here. Now I'm really curious, what's your height, what exactly was your diet like and what is the time frame? Pictures would be nice too.

also this >>35145478
>>
>>35145457

How small are you that 80kg makes you look fat...?
>>
>>35145457
Keto, despite being quite known among sporty people is hardly ever taken seriously as a diet because of how difficult it is to abstain from eating carbs. Don't trust me? Try and go more than 3 days w/o carbs and tell me how fuckin exhausted you feel. Aside from this obvious downside, the thing is that it sure as hell works. I went on keto for a month during a cardio-intensive period of my life (8h+ of almost non-stop biking) and lost ~8kg.
>>
File: attachment.jpg (45 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
45 KB, 800x600
Whenever I see someone talk about their failed bulk, their definition of failure is not ending up as their goal body.
Bulking as a natty makes you bigger, fatter, and stronger. You cannot bulk your way into a 6 pack or thigh gap or whatever you want, faggot
>>
>>35145457
>mediocre muscle gains
>mostly did compounds.
>I ate clean (brown rice, chicken, salmon) and avoided sugar, junk foods etc.
Well, what did you expect?

Also, yes, keto is just a meme. Without reddit, nobody would talk about it anymore, it was already dead on /fit/ in the late 2000s, then got revived by redditards.
>>
>>35145489
>>35145481

Dont have a before pic unfortunately so can't really provide progress pics.

Height wise im a 5ft7 manlet.

Time frame is about 2 yrs.

First year I was under eating and gaining weight was a grind. My proton intake was high but i severely overestimated my calorie intake + routine was rubbish so made shit progress .

Then I decided to give compounds a go and severely upped my calories. Which resulted in this thread in about a yr.

My bulking diet.

>100g oats uncooked
>1 l of milk a day including amount mixed w oats
>250g chicken, 250g salmon
>100g walknuts
>200g brown rice a day for carbs (uncooked)
>2tbsp peanut butter to top off daily calorie needs

+miscellaneous fruits and veggies

Dont eat fast food, chocolate, or drink soft drinks/alcohol
>>
>>35145497
Ive actually tried it for 2 days now (myfitnesspal says 20g a day) and did not get any cravings yet which made me wonder if im fucking it up somehow. Note that I never really enjoyed sugar/carb foods so that cd be it.

I changed my diet into 2kcal a day.

Eggs
Cheese
Salmon
Chicken
Wallnuts
>>
>>35145500
Yeah but i have nowhere near the amount of muscle as pic related and significantly more fat %. Ofc i expected fat gain during a bulk, just not 50-60% of total weight gained.
>>
>>35145530
Post an after, or atleast bf%. I bet you aren't actually that fat
>>
File: 20151205_162115.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151205_162115.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Heres a side view. As u can see lots of weight piled on around the waist, lower back and ass
>>
>>35145457
You know you were supposed to workout while doing so right?
Also are you a king of manlets that 80kg makes you look "disgusting fat"
>>
>>35145604

If you went from skinny that's really not a bad bulk. After a decent cut you'll be looking pretty good desu.
>>
>>35145604
Looks like a normal natty bulk, especially with that unflattering angle
How much did your lifts go up?
>>
>>35145616
Normal Bench: was struggling w bar when started. Now I am not sure, havent done normal bench it a few months. Doing CGBP 85 5x3 probs gon increase next week.

OHP: pressed 1plate not too long ago. Now deloaded.

Squat: 130 high bar atg

Diddy and Bent over row: had a non gym accident that forced me to stop bending over w weights. For traps and grip I do heavy deadholds that i carefully lift off the rack.
>>
>>35145457
I'm like 18% body flab

when i do strength calculations, i appear weaker than i actually am relative to my lean body mass (or counterfactually if i were at 12% body flab)
>>
>>35145562
You obviously didn't read the sticky...typical 500 calorie surplus equates to .5lbs of muscle and .5lbs of fat. That's just the way it is man. Start cutting, and once you're lean again, do another bulk and repeat this pattern until you're the size you want to be
>>
>>35145530
wow, you eat a lot nigga

fruits also have a lot of cals in them
>>
>>35145604
post a pic from the front

side view shows nothing
>>
>>35145729
that definitely doesn't apply to beginner/intermediate lifters

it's very doable to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time
>>
>>35145831
Lol whatever you say, how about a pic of your body
>>
>>35145841
it's been every fatty's experience in here, no need to "bulk" (=get even fatter) to become strong
>>
>>35145819
Will do once I get home. And ur right side view is flattering compared to front. I look much worse from front. The side pic is the only one i cd find on phone.
>>
>>35145674
I think your bulk achieved your goals. Congratulations. Now time to cut. Keep lifting, get diet set to loose a .5kg a week, and you're set.
>>
>>35145457
How is eating sugary things different than just bulking on fucking brown rice and other complex carbs?
inb4 insulin spikes
>>
>>35145604
You look decent, this is pretty much what to expect after finishing babbys first bulk.
>>
>>35145945
Complex carbs are stored differently I believe. Not to mention the negative effects sugars can have on your body. ie diabetus, addiction, mood swings, cavities, etc.
>>
File: 20151205_171914.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151205_171914.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Aite got home. Heres a front view. This is what I meant by looking like absolute shit. 2days into keto now so looking flat but you get the point.
>>
>>35146015
You don't look that bad. Honestly if you just lift you'll be fine. Through lifting you'll lose some unwanted fat and get bigger muscles. Eat balanced, deficit your calories slightly and you're good to go. You get the extra fat for more energy to lift. Deficit your calories a little. Stay in an anabolic state and not catabolic when lifting, and before bed don't eat anything roughly 3-4 hours prior so your body is in a catabolic state when sleeping and feeds off your fat for energy. Another thing, fat is list through exhaling/carbon diaxide. So sprinting would also help to get you leaner. You did something you call a meme because you didn't have enough information. Don't fall for an actual meme OP
>>
>>35146080
Thanks brah. Yeah thats what im doing now, eating about 2300 and trying to progress on my lifts at same time as of 2 days ago. Hopefully it works.
>>
>>35146015
you look quite strong desu. id be happy with that bulk
>>
You look alright OP. Don't fall for meme diets. Just keep lifting, eat slightly less and do some cardio (HIIT is good).
>>
>>35145841
Step up if you're going to run with that bs, noobs can get away with those cut gains and even the real fatty fedoras usually accept that
>>
>>35146124
It will work OP, believe in yourself. Don't envision what you see in the mirror, envision what you will become. Some half assed philosophical shit, but that helped me overcome many things.
>>
File: phenyltrypto.jpg (307 KB, 1189x580) Image search: [Google]
phenyltrypto.jpg
307 KB, 1189x580
>>35145530
>100g oats
>200g brown rice for carbs
Wot. Protip: "extra carbs" are unnecessary for gainz. The best idea is checking nutrition info for micros, figuring out what they do, and base-lining exactly what's "nutritionally complete". After that, the baseline can be multiplied.

If you can find a great vitamin without selenium and maybe even iodine, you can just do that; but it has some guidelines. Vitamin K and D are codependent, D diminishing K; so if your milk has D, your vitamins have D, etc.. it's nice getting some vitamin K pills. A 500mcg bottle of 100 is some $7. The iodine can come from milk, but the calcium should be met with magnesium and manganese. Beyond all that, omega 3s are probably the most under-supplied nutrition. Flax OP.

Obviously, increasing metabolism and energy are helpful, and all cellular energy comes from NAD, which comes from tryptophan / B3. Thus, increasing tryptophan should increase energy potential.
>>
>>35145457
Bulking isn't a meme
>>
I just used calipers and got 8 percent fat.
Apparently I have no idea how to do it, I wasn't even able to get a skin fold from my thigh barely.
>>
>>35146015
Come on, dude.

You're gonna make it.
>>
>>35146172
DO NOT FUCK WITH VITAMIN K. Do your damn research.
>>
>>35145457
>went up from 52kg to 82
You gained 60 pounds on one bulk?

No wonder you got fat.
>>
>>35146172

Where do you get your K at? Amazon's best was 100mcg x 100 for 7 burgerbux
>>
>>35148790

K is actually pretty safe now that they banned the type that killed that one kid on here. It was synthetic anyway, so fuck that. Just get the K2 natto shit.
>>
>>35145478
this is wrong, protein is the macronutrient associated with water maintenance as well as muscle building. No carb diets make you feel more full because of high protein macros. Plus there is a truth to glyogen storage as well.

Bulking is for fucking idiots, you should never eat more than 300 calories over maintenance because that is all you need. fat losers who do meme workouts on here who only browse becuase they found funny content on their favorite subreddit are weak ugly and fat. they are the ones who suggest bulking 1500 over maintence then make pathetic gains after a year and believe they are big when it's just fat ceps.
>>
>>35146015
aaron you done fucked up
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.