[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Candito Novice Routine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: candito.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
candito.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
What do you think of splitting Candito Novice upper/lower 4 day split into 6 days?

LULULUx instead of ULxULxx. I know that people do 3 day splits this way, but not 2 day. What do you think, is this retarded?
>>
its fucking retarded
>>
>>35145226
Are you doing SS?
>>
>>35145189
I find that I just recover from the strength/control split with the 4 days a week.

I get sore in my muscles more from heavy days, and feel it in smaller muscles / closer to joints after volume control.
>>
>>35145189
It's ULxULxx because it's a fucking novice routine. No novice would work out 6 days straigth with only a single rest day between.
>>
Have you tried the program before trying to "fix" it OP?
>>
Why does he look like complete shit
>>
>>35145270
>muh aesthetics bra xD

Wanna know how I know you cant even squat 3pl8?
>>
>>35145189
Why? What's your reasoning behind changing the program?
>>
I did, I am not fixing it. People do 6 day splits, so why not do a Candito 6 day split.

> inb4 no gains with splits

Yeah sure.
>>
>>35145270
>implying candito lifts for the validation of some DYEL cunt on an anonymous fish farming board

Kek
>>
>>35145270
He actually looks pretty good for me. I would like to look like him.
>>
>>35145279
You're retarded, enjoy your less than maximal efficiency
>>
>>35145276

No hate, family. not aesthetic bra at all. Been heavy lifting for couple years and it paid off aesthetically, but this guy doesnt even look like he lift. Still mirin his lifts tho. 375 squat for 8 @188 btw
>>
>>35145279
Because people don't do upper/lower 6 day splits. If you wanna do a 6 day split, do PPL
>>
File: 1442194985117.jpg (56 KB, 339x459) Image search: [Google]
1442194985117.jpg
56 KB, 339x459
>>35145189

It's too much stuff to learn for a novice who has never lifted before.

A simpler routine like SS is the best one if you're starting out.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 1920x1080
>>35145288
But he does look like he lifts m8
>>
File: 1442194985151.jpg (63 KB, 383x418) Image search: [Google]
1442194985151.jpg
63 KB, 383x418
>>35145291
>>35145189

When it comes to increasing the amount of days, it's not a very good idea. You need to rest in order to grow and get stronger.
>>
>>35145277

Well, i have done Greyskull LP for almost a year with a couple of breaks. I keep stalling and

I wanted to go beyond 3 day full body crap. This seems like a change, but I also wanted to go towards more aesthetics based routine instead of pure strength (i.e. increase volume). I also want to progress in my lifts while having much higher volume, so this is what I am considering.

This seems to me like a push pull split in a way. I would do that, but I don't know how is it with strength gains, while this seems to allow me to increase my lifts still
>>
>>35145297
I think you should find a program that's made for higher frequency instead. Why pick a four times a week program and change it when there are six times a week programs out there? I also think it's a mistake that you can't be aesthetic while training four times a week. Especially at your level when you can increase your main lifts weekly. Sometimes just more without changing the intensity isn't the answer.

But the only way to know if it works for you is to try it.
>>
>>35145297

why are you fucking with a beginners routine after a year? Why are you talking about "training for aethetics while progressing my lifts?" That means nothing.

At your intelligence level I wouldnt try to modify anything - chances are youll fuck everything up. Go find an internediate routine, i think some are in the sticky.
>>
>>35145297
you basically have three variables which you can change with programming, volume intensity and frequency. if you currently have trouble with recovery or something similar (which you are since ur stalling) you cant increase the "sum" of those three variables. so if you want more volume, youll have to decrease intensity or frequency. if you want to progress in strength you cant really decrease the intensity.

so you cant really do ULULUL and have more volume. just do ULxULxx or something similar, it will allow you to do just about all the accessories you want for hypertrophy and stuff and you can still progress in the main movements just fine. routines like 531 or gzcl method.
>>35145322
>training for aethetics while progressing my lifts
not him ofc but i'll rephrase for you. "i want to continue making strength gains in the main lifts but want more accessories and volume". ur stupid.
>>
>>35145297
Idiot. The whole idea of an upper lower split is to give you more of a chance to recover.
When I was on canditos I did
Monday heavy lower
Tuesday heavy upper
Thursay control lower and standing dumbell press,neutral grip chin ups and facepulls basically macing it a full body day
saturday control upper.
This gave me 3x a week frequency on upper body, didn't interfere with recovery and was more fun.
>>
>>35145297
>I also wanted to go towards more aesthetics based routine instead of pure strength (i.e. increase volume).

I did a 3x/week program similar to Greyskull LP too.
Changing to Canditos Upper/Lower Heavy/Control split 4x/week is much much more volume for me.

Normally, I might have done 1x5 deadlifts, 3x5 OHP and 3x5 Chinups today.

Instead, I'll do
6x4 pause bench,
6x4 pause DB row,
1-3x10 DB OHP
1-3x10 latpulldown (cant do 3x10 chinups with good form) and then 2 accesory exercises after this, which will probably be something like 3x12 facepulls/shrugs and something shoulder/tricep work like
3x8-12 lateral raises/incline db press/tricep ext./incline flyes cable or machine (any one of these)

>>35145350
>"i want to continue making strength gains in the main lifts but want more accessories and volume".

This is exactly what Canditos program is. I progress once per week on each lift, which is slower than I did on a fulldbody 3x/week program. At the same time, I do more volume on the pause lifts (6x4), and do accesory exercises like shrugs, flyes, bicep curls, whatever. It progresses a bit slow, and people have different opinions on putting half of the program on pause reps days, but I like it.

>tl:dr do Canditos normal program, or find something completely different, if you want 6 days a week.
>>
>>35145487
This sounds sweet, might do that on control lower days
>>
>>35145507
Only supposed to do one set of ohp and chin ups. 9 sets for pushing compounds and 9 sets for pulling compounds is overkill.
I'd drop to 1 x 10 ohp and 1x10 (or 1 x max if you can't do 10) followed by lat pulldownas an accessary
>>
>>35145512
Just be sure to balance pushing and pulling and definitely leave a day between control lower and control upper if you do this.
I do 3 sets of 6 on standing dumbell press between pause squats and pause deadlift and 3 sets of 5-6 on neutral grip chin ups (using a thumbless grip because of personal preference) and 3 sets of 10-15 on facepulls after pause deadlifts.
I don't do any lower body accessories this day.
>>
>>35145487

This sounds pretty good. I also do the hyperthrophy base for upper and control for lower. I want to improve my squat, since it seems to be lagging, but this also gives me a nice upper body volume.

Yeah 6 days was retarded, I would have not probably been able to recover and would have went back.

I will do his normal routine and drop some pull ups and chin up on the control lower. Should be golden then, since only my squats are lagging, while my upper lifts feel fairly decent.
>>
>>35145528
Alright thanks. It seemed to little volume when I started, because I also did so low weight. Now it makes more sense, as I'm tired out by the 6x4 (especially if I do facepulls/tricep extensions after as accesory).

Now it's quite harder. I also do heavier lat pulldowns now, 80kgx10 is brutal, where I did 3x10 60kg when I started on the program, which seemed fine.

>>35145548
I do thursday/saturday instead of thursday/friday most weeks anyway. Sounds good, I might do it at some point, but for now I think I'll stick to doing upper/lower exclusively. Still got a few months of linear progress on this program without changing anything I hope.

Any ideas on doing front squats instead of back squats entirely? Everything else being the same. Asking for a friend...
>>
>>35146638
>Any ideas on doing front squats instead of back squats entirely
No reason you can't. I'd do 5x3 on control days or 3x3 on heavy days. I know a lot of coaches will say not to go above 3 reps if using front squat as a main movement as it is too hard on the back and core and you end up not being able use your legs enough.
I just do front squat static holds for five sts of 15 seconds as an accessory on heavy lower back squats build your quads fine and back squats and front squat static holds will build your core strength shitloads
>>
>>35145700
>I also do the hyperthrophy base for upper and control for lower.
I strongly recommend to do control upper for at least the first month of the program.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.