[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the only way to get better at running, to run everyday? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: fat.jpg (9 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
9 KB, 262x192
Is the only way to get better at running, to run everyday?
I cant even do 2k in 10minutes. Its fucking pathetic
>>
>>35144853
same
after a year of daily running my mile run hadnt even gone down
its a pointless waste of time
>>
>>35144853
>>35144888
You are both doing something wrong. To get better at running, you just have to run. You don't have to do it everyday. When I first started running I found it best just to have a 4km course that I ran, and just ran the same course every time, and slowly getting faster.

That is all you have to do. Every time you go, try shave off even one second to your time, and over the course of a year, you'll be much faster. (Obviously this can't go on forever).
>>
>>35144853
I'm looking at trying to get my 5 k time down to about 25 minutes so what I've been doing is running sets of 1 k trying to do them in 5 minutes or less. Just trying to get comfortable at the pace I have to run and building the endurance to keep that pace
>>
>>35144946
how much do you run

I started couch to 2k, tomorrow doing the third day of the first week and so far no problem and I run at a very good pace(who enjoys running slowly anyways)

after finishing 2k couch and do you even do?
considering trying out for the special forces and I gotta run, run a lot of time and fast.
>>
This is objectively the best running routine:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
>>
>>35145043
>tfw doing 5k program and upping my squat on a cut

wonder for how long it'll take squatting 130kg 3x5 and running the day after repeating it for all week till my legs give up

I'm getting sore/tired but it feels good.
>>
>>35145107
>I'm getting sore/tired but it feels good.
my nigga
you made it
>>
>Not doing barefoot running for best form and Max gains
>>
Does anyone else have the same problem, I can run/lift like 3 days in a row but then I need a rest day or I won't recover and I feel week and can't enjoy the work out. I'm on a cut so I'm not eating enough, but still, after a rest day the weights are light and I enjoy it again.
>>
File: 1449185928224.jpg (78 KB, 400x604) Image search: [Google]
1449185928224.jpg
78 KB, 400x604
>>35144853
I started running in February at a 12 minute mile.

Now I can run a mile in 5:40 or so and run 6 miles in 45 minutes.

You just have to train smart. I started off by focusing on speedwork. Such as 5 sets of 1/4 sprints on the treadmill. Then another day I'd do a 1,2,3,2,1 ladder fartlek run.

Now my speed is good enough so I just focus on bringing down my times for my 5k, 4 mile run and 1.5 mile.
>>
File: 1435284963638.png (1 MB, 2576x3200) Image search: [Google]
1435284963638.png
1 MB, 2576x3200
>>
>>35144853
No.
Just run a couple of times a week.
Do one long run. And a fast run - maybe a series of sprints.
All depends on where you are in the scheme of run fitness. If you body is used to running, you can run more, if not, you are risk of shin splints etc

The way to get better at running is to run.
It is like lifting weights, but different.
But you need to train with some sort of progressive planning - just like with weights.
Running the same route at the same pace day in and day out for weeks and months will get you to a certain run fit, but then you will plateau. Hard.
But if you train smart you can push your run fitness closer to the natty limit faster than you could ever approach the natty limit for lifting.
>>
>>35144853
anyway to make running less boring, i dont mind the run itself i just cant train for long distances because after about 20 minutes i get bored.
>>
>>35144967
been doing the exact same thing
my 5k was awful at 38 min
>>
File: bojack 2nd season ending.png (537 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
bojack 2nd season ending.png
537 KB, 1280x800
>>35144853
>Is the only way to get better at running, to run everyday?
>>
>>35146207
>8-5-8
>next day is 21 straight fucking minutes

Fuck you guys
>>
If you're lifting too you need to run in the way that's going to cause the least amount of interference to the rest of your training.

For most lifters, that translates to primarily zone 2 cardio. You can add in tempo runs too, but you need to program carefully.
>>
>>35144853
I can't run any faster either, but I don't care, as I don't really run to become a great runner, I only run to burn some calories and to feel great afterwards.
>>
>>35146435
Listen to podcasts, that is what I do for all my easy runs. For more serious runs I have to be focused though.
>>
>>35144967
Started this year doing my 5k within 38, now im at 33:55 (yesterday).

Going to try your method and see where it gets me

>>35146987
You are bound to get better if you continue, and when that happens you'll start to consider making better times.

>>35146435
You need a playlist
>>
>>35147590
I love podcasts while walking/jogging. I went out with my girlfriend on my usual path a few days ago for a walk, and it was weird being out without listening to a magic the gathering podcast
>>
File: 1448165492175.png (96 KB, 748x710) Image search: [Google]
1448165492175.png
96 KB, 748x710
>>35144967
>tfw can do 10km at a 5min/km
>>
>>35148376
That's a good start but you can start to brag around sub 35:00 that could win some local races.
>>
>Is the only way to get better at running, to run everyday?
>Is the only way to get better at something, to do something?

What a dumb question
>>
>>35144853
Try running ever 2 - 3 days.
Try setting the incline (if you use a treadmill) to 1.0
start your speed at a light jog and gradually increase your speed until you feel "the burn", then once you do, slow a little bit so you aren't feeling the burn and maintain that pace as long as you can.
>>
>>35148205
>You are bound to get better if you continue, and when that happens you'll start to consider making better times.
I'm running mere 10 km/h since forever, and I have really no idea how to improve and honestly I don't really care. I'm running uphill a lot though.
>>
>>35148401
>there are people who think running is a sport
running is literally something you do to help you preform better in sports.
>>
I run as post workout cardio on a treadmill (cold af right now), so I have no idea what my performance would be on a dedicated run. fwiw, I run 4 times a week for 20 minutes, distance varying depending on how worn out I am (usually about 3.5k, i think 4.2k was my best). If I had to guess, a best case scenario 5k time for me right now might be around 23 minutes.

>>35146435
Run outside if you're not doing that already. I would be, but it's already cold as fuck where I live and I have no winter athletic gear.
>>
>>35144853
If you are young and healthy than more running will most likely be enough to improve. If your form is really fucked up or you have injuries, then you aren't really helping yourself by doing it more. I hated running for the longest time. I learned the pose method and it became a lot easier. I recommend it.
>>
>>35144853
just gotta run and try really hard. it's not like lifting which you can really either do or you cant or where you push really hard for like 5 reps. it's about pushing yourself at a constant pace for 10, 20, 30, minutes or even a couple hours while ignoring the pain or discomfort. running should never get easier, you just be running the same distance at a faster pace or a longer distance.
>>
>>35146595
>he cant run for 21 straight minutes

wtf is wrong with you
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.