[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Work gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: trail.jpg (44 KB, 611x600) Image search: [Google]
trail.jpg
44 KB, 611x600
What do you do for work? Does your job help you make gains? Do you wish lifting was part of your job? How close is the nearest gym from your work?
>>
>>35144075
IT.

It's the gains goblin of careers. Sitting on my ass in a chair all day is fucking my posture. Everyone in the office pounds Cokes and take-away food all day.And there's a couple of skinny-fat / chubby dudes who when discussing their weight (over 100kg when they're only like 5'8") honestly believe it's all muscle.
>>
>>35144075

I'm in the military and PT every day. It's okay for burning a few calories and I actually like it. But I get free gym and like 350$ a month for food, so it's cool.
>>
>>35144118
Sup hombre

It breh here too. I walk to a gym on my lunch and get a pump, unlimited gainz in the snackateria @ work. Tons of young poon to 'mire my gainz, stay jello plebs.
>>
>>35144204
You earn 350$ a month only in military? Are you in Niger's military?
>>
>>35144075
Gonna be working at a gym, so hopefully
>>
>>35144992

No, I have a stipend of 350$ in addition to my stipend for housing and my regular base pay. I make more like 3000$ a month.
>>
>>35144075
I'm one of the managers for a pub. and no, it takes all my gains. some days I have to be up at 4:30am to go open the shitty place up, other days I'm working there from 3pm until 2:30am. I have no sleep schedule, so most of the time i'm brain dead. only plus side is free food, which can be 1/2 a chicken, 14oz steak, or anything else on the menu.

nearest gym however is about 10 minute walk, but from what I can see of it its just machines everywhere. might have to go in an enquire about free weights.
>>
>What do you do for work?
Kindergarten teacher

>Does your job help you make gains?
Not really. But it's not hurting my gains either.

>Do you wish lifting was part of your job?
I lift kids all day, breh

>How close is the nearest gym from your work?
There's actually a small gym in the kindergarten with some weights, treadmill, etc. But the nearest gym is about a 15-20min walk away. Usually go to the gym because the one in the kindergarten is kinda lacking in equipment.
>>
>>35145390
Go kill yourself Snorris.
>>
Worked as a mover over the summer. Made some gains.
>>
Cook here, work is shit for gains, and lately it fucks my knees and back if i stay standing for too much hours...only advantage are free protons and vitamins i eat here and there
>>
>>35144075
Work at my family's bathroom showroom uploading products to websites.

>> Gym literally over the road
>> Can take a 'gym break' whenever I feel like it

feels good mayne
>>
Physical Therapy Trainee and bartender in a nightclub in the weekends
Physical Therapy, yes. On my feet the better part of the day.
Bartending, fuck no. Fucks my sleep pattern up, shitty food and alcohol during the nights.

Nah

>How close is the nearest gym from your work
Literally next door
>>
Public safety

It's a whole lot of sitting around if you want to, so no gains lost, but that can get you out of shape as well. On the plus side, you can walk around and tour facilities which helps if you're cutting. Every now and then you have to take someone down, but that doesn't really last long enough to be a workout.

Yes, but I doubt any job would have the type of lifting I want. I'm not some girl that starts at shipping for UPS and says it got my arms strong.

>How close is the nearest gym from your work
I have a gym at work but it's shit.
>>
>>35145428
Wut?
>>
>>35145875
Shoo pedomaster.
>>
>>35145909
Oh yeah, all white cis males are pedophile rapists. I almost forgot.
>>
>>35145921
Don't digress Snorris.
>>
>>35145921
You might not be.
But the white man who raped me when I was a child certainly wasn't wearing a dress
>or a tail
>>
>>35144118
>>35144118
>the gains goblin of careers
try construction
12 hour physical labour
then trying to get to the gym after
you'll appreciate sitting on your arse all day after that
>>
Going to school full time for accounting, should be studying right now. Work part time in a very small tax office my brother owns, it's just him, me, and one other guy who's a tax lawyer. I have trouble finding the time to walk every day and do my workout (either jogging three miles or lifting, alternating every day)

I know my entire career will have me sitting on my ass, so I need to stay on top of my diet and exercise
>>
>>35145367
My dad is a bar manager, and I can confirm from him: being a bar manager is a horrible fucking job, but somehow addicting.
>>
>>35144075
Personal training
no
yes
sometimes i work in a gym sometimes in my client's personal home gym,yet i can't workout unless its running or swimming day
>>
>>35144075
I'm a (24 year old) college student who's on a rowing club. In addition to an hour a day rowing on the weekdays, I started lifting about three weeks ago.

Best job(s) for gains I've ever had had to have been working in the warehouse for a tile company: lifting and picking orders all day of 30-70lb boxes of tile and 50lb bags of grout.
I also worked at The Sportsman's Guide warehouse, lifting product all day as a warehouse receiver.

My most frustrating jobs were sit down blue collar jobs, where you don't get to use your body OR brain.
>>
3D and VFX industry, specifically pipeline developer

Does your job help you make gains?
No way, sitting on ass all day tier. Though people in the industry are generally unfit, so being able to lift causes well appreciated mires from the female population of the office

Do you wish lifting was part of your job?
> Yeah, i'm always the first one to volunteer when there's to lift and move heavy shit or when a qt struggles with a 5kg box. Even more mires

I go to the gym before work. 10 mins bike ride from home
>>
If you want to ruin your posture be a computer engineer. I just recently bought a desk that can be raised/lowered with a winch. Next purchase is an economic chair.
>>
>Network Admin

24/7 on call rotation ruining my sleep gains.
>>
Work in a furniture store, occasionally i'll be called upon to move stock and some of it can be heavy, but that's about it. There's a gym literally 2 doors down, don't go to it though, there's another one closer to my home.
>>
>>35147497
>you'll appreciate sitting on your arse all day after that
try IT(or any desk job really)
9 hour mind and ass numbing sitting + customer service shit
then trying to get to the gym after
you'll appreciate moving on your feet all day after that
>>
What are some /fit/ jobs, /fit/?
I'm making around $20/hr doing at a desk job.
As long as I can get around same pay but move around.
>>
File: airforce.jpg (55 KB, 600x485) Image search: [Google]
airforce.jpg
55 KB, 600x485
Infuntry Ossifer

Somewhat.
Getting swole and looking good is not really a priority. Contrary to popular belief, we dont all look like Capt America most of my seasoned NCOs are skinnyfat. On top of that our schedules are so unpredictable. Sometimes we can have everything done by 1400 and I can release everyone including myself. Sometimes we have to stay until 2000. Then we also stay in the field for days eating shit food. Oh and rucking is terrible for your gainz but its something we do.

Thought about it. It appears my entire existence is now just about how much I am going to lift, how much I am about to eat etc. Probably will switch it up to swimming since I tend to stall in my lifts sooner and I am terrible at swimming.

About a parking lot away.
>>
Training for a possible move to a D1 ( football/handegg) college. Still chasing the NFL dream breh.
>>
>>35147531
>>35147531
B-bob from macounting?

Sutdy dentistry, starting second year in Jan.
Dentistry is from everyone I've heard and what not hell for your back and shoulders though.

Wonder if I'll still be shit-posting on fir once i've started working. I won't r-right?I'll have grown out of it then and gotten a qt gf r-right guise?
>>
>>35151319
What the fuck are you trying to say
>>
Electrician- some days are easy some are really rough and I just dont have the energy to hit the gym after work. I wake up at 4am so I need to be in bed trying to sleep by 9pm or I will be shit the next day. My gym is 10 minutes from my house and work is randomly anywhere with in an 1.5 hour drive time with traffic.
>>
>>35151319
I would tell you to kill yourself with that type of writing, but dentists already have the highest rate of suicide so have fun.
>>
LMAOing my ass off when people say that manual labor jobs are good for gains
>>
>>35151319
what
>>
>>35144075
Software Engineer.

Yes fewer hours and pretty well paying plus we have a really nice Gym in our campus. Also have great food.

I don't wish lifting was a part of my job because I'm not a blue collar pleb.

Lot of nerd colleagues, some swole as fuck nerds but still anti-social nerds are the biggest drawback.
>>
>>35145390
why the fuck is there a gym in the kindergarten?
>>
Software developer

Sorta. Seeing the slobs around you in one the most unathletic fields around is a pretty good motivator to lift.

A little bit but I don't dislike my job.

There are at least five I can think of within a ten minute drive.
>>
>>35144075
>what do you do for work
HVAC service tech

No.

>Do you wish lifting is part of your job?
It is to some extent but not as bad as other trades.

>How close is the nearest gym to your work?
I work at a different place every day so it really depends.
>>
>>35144075
That pic gave me all kinds of feels, can't stop staring at it.
>>
>>35145526

Mac??
>>
File: contemplatinggenocide.jpg (41 KB, 573x591) Image search: [Google]
contemplatinggenocide.jpg
41 KB, 573x591
Does anyone else get disgusted by some of their co-workers? I've never seen a co-worker drink water or even eat for that matter. Its strickly Coke, Energy drinks and Coffee.

Not to mention they smoke constantly which gives them a "right" to take more breaks than I can.
>>
>>35144075
I'm a lands management officer. I spend several hours a week checking surveys, which usually means around 6-12 hours of trekking and hiking a week, depending on workload and scheduling, etc. During this I have to lug around a handhold GPS and its satellite receiver, which isn't really much at all, but I thought I should mention it. I occasionally have to canoe to remote cottage sites as well, but that's work reserved for late spring and into the summer, and it's fairly rare. Anyway, I'd say the hiking helps me keep my Bodyfat down a bit, but that's about it. The rest of my job involves desk work, for the most part.
Oh also in the winter I get to use snowmobiles sometimes, because I'm fairly far north.
So my job doesn't help me make gains but it can help keep me lean.
There's a brand new Y right next to my office, which is kind of convenient, but it's pricey, and there's a much cheaper, equally well appointed gym on my way home, and much closer to my home.
>>
>>35144075
High School Teacher

I carry stacks of paper and cases of water a lot Water fountains here produce pink sludge, so I buy a bunch of water for myself, but I give it to the kids if they ask for it as part of a reward system (basically don't be an asshole that day). I'm honestly on my feet all day helping kids, I tried the whole sitting on my ass and grade thing for a day once and I hated it.

I have no idea, I go home, change out then go to the gym.
>>
>>35153756
I haven't had soda in years, but I drink sugar free energy drinks a lot.

I wake up at 4:30am in the morning 5-6 days a week and work 10-12 hours a day on top of going to the gym or running, and I find that they help me keep going. I've lost like 80lbs and gained a lot of muscle so I guess they're not bad for you (as long as they don't have sugar).
>>
File: image.png (105 KB, 347x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
105 KB, 347x500
>>35147497

Dude I miss construction. Gains beneficiary. Fucked up and lost that job. Good pay.

Back in a kitchen fucking slicing my thumb like a retard. Can hardly weight to hook grip snatches Monday. Did I mention not eating like a dozen eggs like I used to in construction despite cooking all day?
>>
>>35153756

as someone who gave up soda and coffee a month ago, that shit grosses me out now big time

especially soda. I was addicted and would drink mountain dew and coke every day. Throw in a couple energy drinks too. I became so reliant on caffiene that when i didnt have it for a split second, i would go insane and feel like shit. My energy levels would suffer too. Now thats im off it im much more stable in terms of energy, focus, and just overall activity. My skin has cleared up as well. I don't sweat as much either.

the closest i'll go is sometimes have a small cup of coffee in the morning but thats it. Im drinking nothing but water and organic fruit juice now. Feel so much better. The withdrawls fucking sucked though....they lasted about 2 weeks. Once i got through it though....feels goodmen
>>
>>35146031
Nobody gives a fuck about your sob story, go shit up a mental illness thread on /soc/ or something
>>
>>35153970
I always do morning coffee and a greek yogurt for breakfast. It's the only meal I have time for in the morning.
>>
File: hahaha fucking business.jpg (15 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
hahaha fucking business.jpg
15 KB, 236x314
>>35144075
Office work
Yea mental gains breh, lets me listen to audiobooks all day
But I consider lifting part of my lifes work, I work in an office for 8 hours but I'm "Working" for 12 hours a day, mind body and soul goes into the work, working out and studying for knowledge gains, this life is the work we have and I want to be a master of this work brehs
Homegymnasium, so 10 min walk
>>
Casual theatre orderly.
I push patients around the hospital after they get fixed and help hold or move patients on the operating table.

It's pretty physical and tiring, I walk around 40-50km a day. After a shift I usually don't go to the gym. I instead go when I'm not rostered.

I just go to a 24 hour place near my house. I don't care about the gym after work.

Dat pay though.
$33 an hour.
>>
I'm a software engineer. Company pays for a gym but I don't like it, so I go to the big ass 24 near my apartment. There's a smaller one by my work but it's always crowded.
>>
>be 3 years ago
>very dedicated workout regimen
>grip strength always a problem with deadlifts
>never used straps and after 4 plates deadlifts progressed slowly because i couldn't hold the bar
>stop working out

>1 year ago
>working as carpenter
>always carrying heavy ass wood
>carrying full sheets of ply with one hand, squeeze pieces together while drilling, etc.
>start working out again
>grip strength hasn't been a problem at all

since working as a carpenter my gf says my hands are much stronger and i give much better massages now
>>
>>35154055

where do you live? im trying to get a brogramming job
>>
>>35153756 here.

>>35153937 sounds like we are on the same page some in terms of working hours. How else do you cope with it? I might have a coffee before going to gym but work just slows me down in making gains because I never get a chance to get more than 6 hours sleep and eat enough food.
>>
>>35153889
>giving kids water as a reward

kill yourself
>>
>>35154051
>40-50km a day

fuck off
>>
>>35154125
Hospitals are bretty big anon.
It's about a 300m from theatres to the ICU alone. I walk around literally all day.
>>
>>35154051

how did you get a job doing that?
>>
>>35154125
Totally possible. I used a step tracker at my job where I spend almost the whole day in a 800sqft workshop and I rack up 10+ km a day consistently. I imagine working in a hospital with hallways and stairs you can get up to 40km in a 8+ hour shift.
>>
Bartend and all round club jobs.
Yes, I'm constantly working with guys who are gym bro's... also you need to look good to make tips... also my club owns a local gym where I get free membership... lifes good.
Yes. I'm going to get my cert 4 in personal training to work as management at the gym.
2 minutes and the 24/7 gym I go to is 5 mins away.
>>
>>35154153
also my rates are $21 Aud weekdays $27 Aud sat and $34 Aud Sundays.
I make around $700-900 a week.
>>
>>35144075
Stare into yer bosses eyes an dshait yerself syepfb'sdfndsf
>>
>>35154143
Applied when I found out they had a vacancy. I have an uncle who works in the lower levels there and let me know. Nobody knew that we were related either, so there wasn't any favouritism, it's just all the resumes that get put in are done at the wrong time, so when I swooped in, my name was at the top of the pile when they needed someone.
>>
>>35154125
when i worked at walmart i never walked less than 20 miles in a day.
>>
>>35154181

youre lucky as fuck breh i would kill to make 33 an hour
>>
>>35154190
I know breh. I used to be a bartender, and before that a waiter. Went from $150-200 paychecks a week to 1.4k a fortnight. Pay doesn't dip below $700 usually, even when I'm doing lots of uni stuff.
>>
Utility pole inspector
I dig holes all day
>>
>>35153756
I saw that at literally every job I've had, even hard labor jobs: they'd just drink a liter of Mountain Dew or something like that a day, and eat a disgusting lunch from a vending machine.

After seeing that for years, I don't understand how those people don't die sooner than they already do; it just doesn't make sense how the human body can go on that way.
>>
>>35150547
>rucking is terrible for your gains
how? surely if you eat enough,even while on the move, you'll be alright? must be good for calves.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.