[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fit, How do I swim? I mean, is there a 'good' technique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1448918806169.jpg (113 KB, 624x460) Image search: [Google]
1448918806169.jpg
113 KB, 624x460
Fit,

How do I swim? I mean, is there a 'good' technique to get some full body cardio/ conditioning in? I want to start swimming instead of spinning so much on my cardio days.

IB
>get in water and flail violently
>>
>>35138652

I do breast stroke
>>
>>35138652
I don't know, I can't really swim, I just figured out how not to drown. Obviously way too embarrassed to do anything about it now. I will just avoid situations that require that skill until I am dead.
>>
>>35138652
My best friend used to teach kids how to swim
>make rainbows with your arms, and remember you eat soup with a spoon not a fork
>>
Depends. Are you black? If so good luck, black people can't swim.
>>
>>35138652
An attempt at a serious answer:

You won't get anywhere without swimming lessons.

Swimming is extremely technical and it will take you quite some time to get the hang of it. It's worth it, though.
>>
>>35138652
Wait what is this actually a thing? Do amerikeks not know how to swim? Wow, I'm a kek Swede but atleast both Ahmed and Johan learn to swim before their 12.
>>
>>35138652
TECHNIQUE

If you perfect your technique, you are already a very fast swimmer
Look up how to do it properly and practice (or take lessons)
>>
File: 1441748993448.jpg (278 KB, 1002x1280) Image search: [Google]
1441748993448.jpg
278 KB, 1002x1280
>>35139047
This fucking guy, you wouldn't know what to stroke if you ever got the chance to be within touching distance of a breast

Also OP swimming is like any exercise, you have to do it a lot to get good at it. But it's different in that you just can't pick up a book and read about swimming and technique for several minutes before hopping in the pool. You gotta spend HUGE amounts of time going back and forth until your technique and endurance until you're good at it.
>>
living in australia is the best. they force you to learn to swim because its an island so if you're not careful you might fall off one day and you dont want to drown
>>
>>35139391
>make rainbows with your arms, and remember you eat soup with a spoon not a fork
Shit this brings me back to my childhood days when I took swimming lessons.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.