[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My doctor told me to take a multivitamin for the next two months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: multi.jpg (10 KB, 231x302) Image search: [Google]
multi.jpg
10 KB, 231x302
My doctor told me to take a multivitamin for the next two months because my diet has been really shitty recently. What is the best brand of multivitamin? I prefer natural shit.
>>
https://labdoor.com/rankings/multivitamins

I take myprotein's multi. dosage wise it is pretty close to opti-men, and if it is the same quality as their protein it should be pretty good.

Opti-men is like #6 for men's vitamins.
>>
>>35138357
>GNC that high up the list
Do people actually believe this "ranking"?
lol.
>>
>>35138357
I saw this and was wondering how legitimate it's recommendations are. How do I know that the brands at the top aren't put there by companies paying for those spots?
>>
I don't care for multi's because the dosage is usually laughable.

Go out and get:

>fish oil (~200-400 DHA and ~500-700 EPA)
>vitamin D3, 2000 IU. Take with your fish oil. (stay consistent, it takes weeks to replenish your vitamin D if you are low)
>Zinc and Magnesium, they often come together with Calcium
>Vitamin C, 1000mg (optional)

Drink at LEAST a liter of water a day, maybe get some green tea in there. While you don't want to drink too much water and flush out water-soluble goodies, replace all soda and energy drinks with water. That shit depletes you. Limit your caffeine to 200-400mg / day depending on your size if you can help it.

And eat your veggies, breh. I make a giant smoothie with a shit ton of kale and berries and protein and yogurt every morning.
>>
>>35138403
If you have a better source of rankings I am all ears. This is just the only one I have ever seen.

>>35138409
No idea. Not really sure why a brand would pay to be anywhere but #1. or generally have the accuracy of their label called into question.
>>
>>35138429
>Limit your caffeine to 200-400mg / day
why?
>>
>>35138429
Are you not worried about the high amount of oxalates you are consuming with so much kale?
>>
File: 1287267807799.jpg (84 KB, 728x1024) Image search: [Google]
1287267807799.jpg
84 KB, 728x1024
>>35138272
>I prefer natural shit
>pic related

On a more serious note, get lots of veggies, put it next to your chicken and rice or whatever and it will spice things up real good.

Love veggies, they are the soul of food.
>>
>>35138501
I just meant that I prefer if there weren't any heavy metals, artificial sweeteners, etc.
>>
>>35138501
>dat dick
>>
>>35138272
>i prefer natural shit
>takes multi vitamin instead of fruit

lern2fruits&veggies fag
>>
>>35140077
I'm only doing it because my doctor recommended I take one for a short period to get my B12 and other levels up after seeing my blood work.
>>
>>35140283
Natural means nothing anon.
The only thing it can mean is that evolution has had time to make your body accustomed to it, like hour our bodies can deal with ethanol but not methanol.
Them getting the mineral or vitamin from different sources doesn't matter, as long as it's pure.
>>
>>35138460
safe levels are 400mg a day
performance enhancing doses are 750mg
shit over 1200mg can risk failing a drug test for too much caffeine (if you play pro sports)
>>
I'm also interested in this topic.
>>
File: 1449249628226.jpg (326 KB, 1200x1083) Image search: [Google]
1449249628226.jpg
326 KB, 1200x1083
Now Foods Adam is a great multi. Anything from Solgar is good. Fuck Optimum Nutrition.
>>
>>35142797
do you have something to back it up?
Or its just a personal preference?
>>
Avoid any that makes you piss highlighter fluid (Opti-Men). That means the dosage is too high and you're just pissing everything out.
>>
>>35143147
Yes and no. The yellow color is from B vitamins. Some people actually need high doses due to training intensity or volume, what's not needed is, yes, pissed away. Most vitamins, however, are fat soluble and are absorbed or shit away.
>>
>>35143122
Now Foods and Solgar are solid. Google searches should show you that. ON, while maybe legit now, have a shady past, and that's enough to keep me away from them.
>>
>>35142797
it also has saw palmetto in it, which can cause post-finasteride-type balding once you stop using it
>>
>>35141492
Read this >>35138579
>>
>>35142797
It's interesting that Solgar isn't USP certified, whereas something like Nature Made is. It seems like it would be the other way around, based on the packaging.
>>
>>35143411
Yeah, I tend to stay away from anything that looks like a "fitness supplement" by it's branding, packaging, etc. Just give me some pure, unflavored whey and supplements.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.