[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys have hobbies apart from lifting and staying /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: A43YhvtCUAA08Gt.jpg (46 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
A43YhvtCUAA08Gt.jpg
46 KB, 500x442
Do you guys have hobbies apart from lifting and staying /fit/?

Does lifting help you with hobbies?

I skydive and sometimes fly in wind tunnels, It definitely helps to not be a fat cunt.
>>
>>35138134
I collect American art pottery from the 1890-1940.

Mostly Rookwood, but getting into Newcomb, SEG, UND, etc...

Shit is so cash. American art pottery #1
>>
Strategy/tactical games, both video and tabletop. Making lists of things, drums, muay thai, climbing trees

I need a passion though
>>
File: 1445457821253.jpg (147 KB, 700x1082) Image search: [Google]
1445457821253.jpg
147 KB, 700x1082
I draw and paint
I think lifting keeps me feeling happier (like all exercise) so I can motivate myself easier
>>
guitar,day trading, range practice, playing with dog.
>>
>>35138270
Cool art.

I watch a lot of YouTubes (social commentary, politics, science) and read. I also am working on becoming a better photographer. I also crochet in the winter time.
>>
>>35138134
Drifting, Photography, Filming
>>
>>35138134
not really. Then again, I don't really have that much free time on my hands. I would love to pick up a new hobby (e.g. kitesurfing), but as it is right now, I can't.
>>
>>35138183
How do you recommend selling stuff like that without being fucked over because noob? I have antiques but struggle to get good prices for stuff.
>>
>>35138270
did you draw that? if so post more if not post more
>>
File: ryan-gosling-reading-camus.jpg (89 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
ryan-gosling-reading-camus.jpg
89 KB, 500x362
I read.
>>
File: future (1).jpg (641 KB, 2114x1988) Image search: [Google]
future (1).jpg
641 KB, 2114x1988
>>35138490
thanks anon
>>35138542
thanks, here's more
http://ksmithart.wordpress.com
>>
>>35138533
Depends on what it is.

You can check records to see what things are selling for at auction. Obviously, retail asking price is higher that that, but it can give you an idea for most stuff.

Any examples?
>>
>>35138588
I'd like to see you try watercolor.
>>
>>35138600
Thanks.That's what I've been doing, but still it moves very slowly. And I've been trying to cut the auction cost by finding clients on my own.
I have mostly silverware from early 1900 and crystal from the same period. Some paintings, but I'm pretty safe on that marked. Some furniture from 1860's.
>>
>work on shitty old cars
>music producer
>sound designer
>martial arts
>read
>vidya

I hardly get enough time to do any of those things since buying a house. Cleaning and DIY takes up my fucking life.
>>
>>35138671
>it moves very slowly

oh yeah it does.

Silver is getting weird. I've seen some beautiful stuff get melted. There are only a handful of makers still worth more than the weight. I've been trying to get into glass, but it's not easy.

Do you have a retail space or are you mostly consigning to auctions?
>>
>>35138734
Auctions and internet mostly. Had a gallery a while back. You?
>>
>>35138752
I'll consign a piece here and there at auction. I've got really good relationships with the houses around here and my stuff is nice so I can get like 5% (or even 0%) commission.

I'm mostly collecting. Well, playing the long game. I'd like to hang onto a painting for at least 5 years before trying to sell it. The internet is making things hard, seeing as how you can see exactly what I paid for it.

I've thought about getting a space in an antique mall, I just don't know if I can do the volume.
>>
>>35138801
Sounds like you're doing good. I can see the pain with internet. I've had people trying to lower prices because 'some guy in Italy sells it for this and that', without thinking of the shipping costs. You have to pretty secure on your connections if you consider invest in business areal.
>>
>>35138612
I haven't done that in a while, i should revisit it
>>
>>35138588
Noice anon.
>>
>>35139081
thanks friend
>>
>>35138234
muay thai is my passion...
>>
I've actually taken up Carpentry with my grandpa using only oldschool handtools. Shit is so satisfying.

Other then that I also play chess, mostly because the old man plays too and want to form a strong relationship with him before he dies, and I am getting really good at it

He told me that when he dies, I will inherit all his tools and his chessboard which he built himself. The feels mang.
>>
>>35138134
Painting, Music (Guitar, Bass), Photography, Graphic Design, some other stuff that's hard to name.

Lifting does not directly help me with any of that. I like lifting nonetheless. I like productive things, things that feel like I created something. Lifting kind of is a way to to relieve many feelings I collect over the day. Sounds super stupid, but that's how I perceive it. Some feelings need to be converted into a drawing, some feelings need to be converted into music, some feelings need to be converted into movement. It just feels exactly like that. It's the only way I could possibly function properly.
>>
>>35138134
In my spare time I'm an avid spoon collector .
>>
write, play, and listen to music. used to be a /mu/tant for a long time til tumblr took it over. typical chan stuff like gaming and anime

want to get into programming and reading stuff other than manga, but can never find the motivation for it

>>35138134
>>35138183
sounds expensive

>>35138234
>making lists of things
I know this autistic feel

>>35138270
neat

>>35138463
>>35139219
what kinda music you play? write any of your own stuff

>>35139189
cool, I wanna pick up a classic trade at some point, idk if it counts, but something like watchmaking
>>
>>35138134
reading misc. literature, especially short stories
playing piano and writing music
play video games occasionally
making mixed drinks (not so much lately)
learning german
not really a hobby, but I'm in grad school for math

lifting gives me more energy, lets me be more focused and motivated, and helps me not be depressed. So it helps with almost all my hobbies and activities, but not necessarily directly
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.