[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 471x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 471x312
/fit/
Do you need to be rich to have your own Home Gym?
>>
>>35137741
depends on your definition of rich.

overall, no.

Can you afford to spare a ground-floor room? If so you can probably afford a home gym. Might need to skip the pool though.
>>
>>35137741
I have weights and a couple machines in my piece of shit asbestos garage complete with broken door

Not very, you just need a room to dedicate to it
>>
If I wanted humor I'd ask what your one rep maxes are
>>
I dedicated one of my basement rooms for it, spent around 600€ for the whole equipment, but I'll probably have to invest a hundred more in the future
>>
>>35137835
Do you have anything to protect your neck while benching?
>>
>>35137830
Yeah go tell that to my wife's son
>>
>>35137854
I don't bench, I do OHP and dumbell press. My rack does have safety pins but to use them I'd have to unscrew a part and widen the rack every time and I'm too lazy to do it so I gave up bench press
>>
>>35137741
if you're a simple guy, 1-2k total for a decent power rack/fidbench/bar+pl8s/adjustable dumbbells will be enough to cover all aspects for acquiring gr8 physique

if you're a faggot that requires hammer strength iso-lateral forearm supination-extension machine, then not even 300k will be enough for you
>>
>>35137854
>>35137878
lads, you don't need anything to catch the bar when you bench... just don't put clips on the end. You should be holding the bar straight enough that there's no risk of them falling off but if you do get in trouble just lean to one side. The plates will slide off then the bar will crash to the other side.
>>
File: 1401297279341.gif (42 KB, 193x217) Image search: [Google]
1401297279341.gif
42 KB, 193x217
>>35137855
>>
>>35137957
my basement's floor is made of ceramics rectangles, they are quite sturdy but I can't risk em. I'll probably have to do it tho, since I'm maxing my dumbells for db press
>>
>>35137983
go onto gumtree/freecycle/whatever and buy a mattress for $10. Grab a saw. Cut mattress in half. bam! plate-catchers.
>>
>>35137983
or get some rubber matting like they have in some gyms I think is a better option, shouldn't be much for a m^2
>>
>>35138785
Yeah, that's definitely the better option. I googled the new stuff and it's kinda pricey. Maybe you can get some used gym mats cheaper but people will happily give away mattresses for free if you pick em up. Either way, anon should not be giving up on his ceramics. Gotta maintain that basement quality.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.