[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep general. How do i get good sleep. I work 9-5 and go to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 600x582
Sleep general.

How do i get good sleep.

I work 9-5 and go to bed at around midnight, i usually get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, the occasional piss at 3-4am.

Is this good enough to not tarnish my gains?
>>
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>35133671

I fall asleep at 6 am, wake up at 8 am. Go to classes, take 6 hour nap throughout day
>>
Well it's dependent on your individual needs and age plays a factor as well. Assuming you're 20+ eight hours of sleep is great for the most part. However, try and get to bed earlier and get up earlier instead. If you can 8-10 hours of sleep is best and, if you're feeling drained a short nap can go a long way; just don't sleep more than you need. Don't want to wake up incapacitated by that nasty "sleep fog".
>>
Sleep, tight pupper
>>
File: 1447624561015.jpg (110 KB, 688x739) Image search: [Google]
1447624561015.jpg
110 KB, 688x739
>>35133671
General suggestions

1) Try melatonin but cut the pills in half to start. Low doses prevent drowsiness the next day.
2) Buy a cheap night mask and possibly ear plugs
3) Stay hydrated during the day but don't drink a ton of water before bed so that you keep waking up to pee
4) I cannot sleep at all without a source of white noise in the bedroom. I use a fan and have used a recording of waterfalls in the past. Works great for people with hypervigilance, which I definitely have.
>>
>>35133756
>hypervigilance
When I hear someone laugh or yell outside loudly I can't fall asleep for hours and my heart is racing, is this that hypervigilance thing?
>>
>>35133809
>When I hear someone laugh or yell outside loudly I can't fall asleep for hours and my heart is racing, is this that hypervigilance thing?
It could be. Read this shit, mein neger.

http://www.healthcentral.com/anxiety/c/4182/156620/hypervigilance/

For me, I find myself constantly scanning my environment for threats or danger or whatever. It's mostly a thing where when I hear a voice or footsteps, I start listening to see if they're still there for the next minute or so. Repeat ad nauseum. Apparently, it's linked to trauma for a lot of people. I imagine a lot of people have it and just don't talk about it much.
>>
>>35133846
Thanks man. I didn't realize this is a thing.
>>
>>35133884
No prob, m80
>>
>>35133756
Dude it fucking winter and i need to have a fan on to sleep. In currently thinking about looking for a fan sound on spotify to play.
>>
>>35133977
Get a space heater with a fan for under $20.

Or use the waterfall sound from this. Make a screencast and save it as an mp3 if you want to use it for headphones and/or not keep your pc on all night.

http://naturesoundsfor.me/

Actually, I already have a waterfall recording I could upload to a file host if you want.
>>
>>35133977
>>35134093
Alright, uploaded a copy if you want it. This is the one I use.

www filefactory com /file/ 5l0d4i9l04c9/Waterfall3.mp3
>>
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>35133671
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>35133756
>>35134093
>>35134162

This website is awesome for white noise

asoftmurmur.com/
>>
>>35134162
that link is a 404 man
>>
>>35133671

sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>35133671
>there is no problem
>you ask for a solution

You're good, man. Just don't go crazy on the caffeine and take some ZMA supp for those good sleep / test boost gainz.
>>
>>35134358
Piggybacking on this, rainymood.com is great.
>>
I've noticed since lifting that 8-9 hours is optimal. Sometimes that doesn't happen obviously, but I try to get 7 at least every night.

It really depends on your body, though, I know a lot of people are different
>>
>>35133671
3mg Natrol fast dissolve melatonin at the time you should be sleeping at night, every night. Sleep tight, pupper.
>>
>>35133671
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>35133671
Regardless of the alleged test gains will ZMA help me fall asleep?
Share experiences bros
>>
I have the same question as OP.

I work shitty shifts in a shitty bar, some days I have to get up at 4:30 am to get there for 6am, some days I don't start until 3pm and i'm there until about 2am.

usually I get one day off when my shifts switch from the early to the lates and vice-versa, but I just dont have a usual bed time obviously, and most of the times when Im on the early i go to bed about 9pm and just lay there unable to sleep until about 1am.

Help me please bros
>>
>>35134778
is this really the only job you can get?
>>
>>35133809
Tfw soldier that still wakes up every 1 or 2 hours even after being out for 5 years
>>
File: 1444447686005.jpg (129 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1444447686005.jpg
129 KB, 540x720
>>35133671
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>35133756
goo night, sleep rousey
>>
>>35134778
Drink camomile, take melatonin, don't drink coffee past 5PM, and put on some bob ross to lull you into the deepest, most peaceful sleep you'll ever have.

Learn how to paint a bit on the way to sleepytime night night ville.
>>
>>35134809
I live in London, only got 3 GCSEs, 1 BTEC in business which i no longer remember, and then I spent 3 years in college getting more BTECs in Uniformed Public Services, as I was planning on joining the military. Then I had an accident, tore the ligaments in my knee, got a bar job to make ends meet, and for the last 3 years, every other job I've applied for I've never made it past the interview stage, even though I'm more than qualified for the positions. Not bigging myself up there either, I've got management experience, but whether I apply for management positions or bottom level worker, I never seem to get them.
>>
whats the best melatonin supp to buy if you're a britbong?
>>
How do you guys make yourself go to bed early? I wake up at 8 am for work and usually go to bed at like 2-3AM. Its not that I can't fall asleep most nights, its that I just dont want to go to bed at midnight to get the 8 hours. If I go to bed at midnight I feel like my entire day is wake up->work->dinner->gym->bed. I like to come home from the gym at 11, smoke a bowl at 1130 and kick back for a few hours with TV, internet,vidya,etc. I know I should get more sleep but I like my leisure time.
>>
>>35133671
sleep tight, pupper
>>
I have the same problem as OP in that I always without fail wake up at least once to go piss at 3-4am. Every single night.

Is there some kind of problem with me? I never had this problem until last year. Been doing it to this day. Doctor said it could be stress related and I've been pretty swamped with work and school. Never had this problem in high school though.
>>
>>35133671

sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>35137197
>>35133671
You guys should check your prostate
>>
>Worked 8p-4a yesterday
> bus stops running at 3:30a
>starts again at 5:30
>got home at 6am and passed out

And I'm up 4.5 hrs later, feel pretty good tbqh brotherkin
>>
>>35137249
Why? What does my prostate have to do with having to piss every night?
>>
How do people sleep 8-10 hours? I wake up after 6 or 7 hours max wide awake and am not tired during the day. I couldn't make myself sleep 10 hours for money.
>>
>>35133671
Sleep tight, pupper.
>>
I drink like 6l of liquid throughout the day and wake up like 2 times a night to pee i should really cut down the drinking, mostly water and pepsi max
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.