[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>random guy at the gym asking if you can spot him while he squats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif (3 MB, 415x212) Image search: [Google]
Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif
3 MB, 415x212
>random guy at the gym asking if you can spot him while he squats
>>
>>35132451
You have a problem helping someone? Are you too good to lend a hand? Fuck off.
>>
File: 84833233.jpg (41 KB, 615x346) Image search: [Google]
84833233.jpg
41 KB, 615x346
>>35132451
>Fuck off.
>>
>>35132462
How are you supposed to spot someone while they squat. The guy just wanted your cock softly grazing your ass.
>>
>>35132528
His not yours I meant kek
>>
>>35132528
put your arms under his armpits
>>
I ask random people to spot me whenever I bench, is that okay? They never seem to have a problem with it. I just don't want to piss off the wrong guy like OP here.
>>
>>35132557
Spotting bench and spotting squat is completly different. One requires a guy to stand over you and sweat in your eyes, while the other requires you to bury your cock in his ass.
>>
>>35132557
Why wouldn't it be okay?

Watching men squat is for fags, though.
>>
>>35132574

I gotcha familia

>>35132577
I don't know, just something I've been meaning to ask on here, I wasn't sure.
>>
File: 1428626041917.jpg (242 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
1428626041917.jpg
242 KB, 1024x819
>that guy that changes the weight back after his set when you let him work in
why
>>
>>35132635
What the hell are you talking about? Why wouldn't he adjust the weight to what you were using before he changed it to his preference, if he's just working in?
>>
>random girl at gym asking if you can spot her while she squats
luckily she didn't need assistance
>>
>>35132635
oops you forgot the fedora.
>>
>>35132528
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK23CuAfeuA
>>
>>35132451
fuck off autist
>>
Tell him thats what those long bars in the lower pin holes are for
>>
File: opmreact.png (309 KB, 756x722) Image search: [Google]
opmreact.png
309 KB, 756x722
>Random dude asks me if I can spot his bench press
>At his second rep he is starting to fail and I have to guide the bar up so he doesnt drop it on himself
>Instead of reracking it, he goes on for another 6 reps, barely doing jackshit while I lift most of the weight.
>One minute later, he asks me to spot him again
>Same weight on the bar

Why do people do this?
>>
>squatting
>random guy comes up behind me
>"I gotchu bro"
>blushinganimegirl.jpg
>>
>>35134601
But I want him to put his longbar in my pinhole!
>>
I don't get spotting a squat. I just fucking drop the bar behind me.
Why not spot the deadlift and the the press too while you're on it?
>>
If you think you're rounding your back, lacking hip drive, buttwinking or whatever else, why not ask someone to spot? I just record myself to work out kinks usually but there's nothing wrong with it and asswipes like OP make the gym look like some antisocial hell when the vast majority are happy to help out.
>>
QUICK

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SQUAT SPOT TUTORIAL THAT IS GAY AS FUCK

THE INSTRUCTOR GOES "DAARH" ALL THE TIME
>>
>squatting in power cage with safeties
>pajeet runs up asking if I need a spot

Why?
>>
Ask him to spot me when I do lat pulldowns
>>
>see dyels pinned under bar benching 1 plate
>turn away and continue my workout
>>
>>35132557
its always ok bro spotters save lives
>>
>>35133521
this is correct
>>
>>35138297
He will wipe for you with his hand if you accidentaly poo a little bit at the bottom of your ROM
>>
File: 1448375852895.jpg (32 KB, 338x400) Image search: [Google]
1448375852895.jpg
32 KB, 338x400
>>35138436
>autism
>>
>>35133521

Yeah lets pull backwards on someone with a 400+lbs barbell on their back, that's not dumb.

If somebody asks me for a spot on squats I get another person and we stand either side of the bar. I don't have to put my arms in your sweaty armpits, we now have twice the spotting strength, it's much easier to apply force straight upwards from this position and, lastly, if you fall backwards you're not going to fuck anybody up.

Spot the bar, not the person. Why do you think powerlifting meets have spotters either side as well?
>>
>needing a spot

Lowbar fatlifters detected
>>
>>35138297
>Squatting in rack
>pajeet ducks under sleeve of bar to get one of 12 1.25 weights from the side of the rack
>proceeds to preacher curl dropset 5, 1.25kg plates either side of the ez bar with lifting gloves on
>>
>>35138580
that's what safety bars are for you pleb. youre not there to lift the 400lbs; youre there so he doesnt fall forward or backwards and for a little push if need be
>>
>>35132451
if I wanted humor I would have asked for your 1 rep maxes.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.