[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, /fit/, bit of a newfag. Need some tips here. About 6'0",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: dank_pepe.jpg (6 KB, 188x188) Image search: [Google]
dank_pepe.jpg
6 KB, 188x188
Ok, /fit/, bit of a newfag. Need some tips here.

About 6'0", 175 pounds. I've been regular at gym for about 12 months, 9 of those spent working on gains. Problem is, I'm pretty damn weak. Can only bench 90, squat 90, but my abs are pretty toned. Looking for ways to get stronger. Any tips?

pic unrelated
>>
>>35131941
Its time to do roidz brah
>>
Eat more
>>
>>35131941
>12 months
There's no way you were eating enough/sleeping enough/lifting enough. One of these factors was off.
>>
Eat more roidz, muh bro.
>>
>>35131941
>toned

What exactly do you mean "toned" ms. Blogilates?
>>
>>35131941
What routine were you doing?
>>
>>35132111
Probably sleep. College classes taking a toll on me. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
>>
>>35131941
Dont ever use the term toned you fucking retard, your abs showing doesnt mean anything else other than that you have a low fat %
>>
>9 months
>Can only bench 90, squat 90
oh come on dude

are you going once every 2 weeks and increasing the weight once every month?
>>
>>35132133
lmao right? i swear that guy is trolling us...
>>
lol i could squat 4pl8 by the end of my first year
>>
>>35132125
Sleep is important but people still make gains without good sleep, diet is much more important I would say, not that sleep isn't also very important.
>>
>>35132121
Can't say I have a set routine, I just get in there when I can and do everything I can, I've spent as long as 4 hours straight just lifting. Maybe that's another part of the problem. I work in every important exercise, get 3 sets of 15 or 5 sets of 20 depending on the day.
>>
> about 6'0

5'9
>>
>>35132133 >>35132142
Not trolling dudes. Sorry I'm not up to your standards. Trying to get better. We all have to start somewhere, y'know?
>>
>>35132132
Sorry. Again, relative newfag, don't know what terms are acceptable and which ones aren't.
>>
>>35132185
>follow this routine: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
>make sure you eat and sleep enough
stop whatever you were doing before because it's clearly not working at all.
>>
>>35132152
Mmkay. Thanks, man. I've been on the paleo diet for a couple years, is that a decent one?
>>
>>35131941
>Can only bench 90, squat 90
are you talking pounds or kg?
>>
>>35131941
I'm 6'0 180 and just started lifting 2 months ago and I've increased my bench from 75 to 125 already. You pry need to eat more protein or your routine just sucks ass or something. 9 months is too long to not see any progress.
>>
>>35132231
Looks good! I'll give it a go tomorrow. Appreciate the help.
>>
>>35132277
what your routine?
>>
>>35132261
Pounds, unfortunately.
>>
>>35132290
what did you start at?
>>
>>35132206
the problem is that you did start

12 months ago

you're just fucking around man. go on a real routine and do real things instead of just wandering around in the gym doing every single exercise.
>>
>>35131941
Stop worrying about keeping your abs and instead worry about getting big and strong
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.