[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ I'm going on a "diet" in the next 3-4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: img_4044.jpg (193 KB, 1600x1068) Image search: [Google]
img_4044.jpg
193 KB, 1600x1068
Hey /fit/

I'm going on a "diet" in the next 3-4 days, and I wanted to see if you had any good recipes and maybe if you could direct me to an actual "diet plan"..

Right now I'm planning on just eating a lot of baked chicken, some beff, and a lot of veggies.

I'm not a huge fan of chicken, but I've had some damn good chicken before. I have no idea how to start to season baked / roasted chicken. Could anyone throw some recipes at me?

With veggies, I'm mostly looking at carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, cucumber and really anything I could roast, boil or bake, I honestly can't do steamed.

Does anyone have any good veggie recipes? Like how to season them, how long to cook these things, make them a bit more delicious.

Of course, if anyone knows of anyway to determine, or can refer me to an article on how to determine ( I did read the sticky ) how much of what I should be eating, and maybe also how to cook it... that would be awesome.

I don't want to over do it on any of the things, i've seen a lot of "5 meals a day", but it's like, how much did you eat each of those five meals?

I really am new to this and I don't want to mess up out of the gate and not make any progress.
>>
File: 1443827565413.png (50 KB, 332x309) Image search: [Google]
1443827565413.png
50 KB, 332x309
>>35131848
>I'm going on a "diet" in the next 3-4 days
>>
Just eat nothing for the next 3-4 days it doesn't matter what "diet" you go on when you'll just give it up and go back to Soda + McDs in less than a week.
>>
What is your goal exactly?
>>
File: Business-Contract.jpg (20 KB, 320x212) Image search: [Google]
Business-Contract.jpg
20 KB, 320x212
>>35131906
So my goal is to cut as much fat as possible in as short a time as possible.

I actually have a weight loss claus in a business partnership contract.

I have to loose a certain amount of weight after a year or I could get seriously dilution.

So I need to figure something out and I don't want to hire a "dietitian" if someone here could throw a good diet plan my way.
>>
>>35131848
Thinking of buying this book,

Does /fit/ have anything like this somewhere? Or know of something like it online?
>>
>>35131848
bump for diet plan help,

All the shit I find online is like

"Free range eggs with a hand full of organic almonds and blueberries in greek yoghurt"

It's like... what the fuck? What if there is an actually busy person who need to cook this shit themselves, there is just sooooOOO much bull shit to go though.
>>
>>35131940
Cut off one of your arms
boom
instant weight loss
>>
Hate to say this but did you read the sticky?
The hard part about dieting isnt eating healthy food but finding foods that will satiate you the same way unhealthy foods did. If you go hardcore and eat nothing but healthy food for a weak your going to collapse
Basically what i'm saying is its better to use mildly unhealthy things with mostly healthy foods if it keeps you satiated.

other helpful tips:
>weight loss is so much easier with any kind of exercise
>count your calories, even if its only vague estimations
>dont drink any beverages other than water, tea, and coffee
>up your water intake
>>
File: 1449126232764.jpg (116 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
1449126232764.jpg
116 KB, 531x471
>>35132158
>>35131855
>>35131868

So /fit/ is just full of faggots looking at pictures of each-other posing in the mirror? Christ, I would probably get more help on /b/ .

Just a 100% faggot / troll board.
>>
File: 1449182101214.jpg (24 KB, 320x365) Image search: [Google]
1449182101214.jpg
24 KB, 320x365
>>35132214
The sticky has no recipes, and it has no diet plans. It has some very loose advice that equates to "don't eat hamburgers and pizza, but also eat some vitamins if you're going to starve your self".

It was pretty fucking useless for anyone looking to get structured dieting advice.
>>
Season with 4 parts salt, 3 parts brown sugar, 2 parts paprika, 1 part chile powder.

Dip in olive oil, let drain. Lay one side in seasoning then put that side down on grill.

Thank me later.
>>
>>35132215
You are looking for magical shortcuts and not reading the sticky.
You aren't going to make it.
>>
If you really must cook your veggies roast them at 400F with a little bit of olive oil and salt+pepper.
>>
>>35132230
so did you find your TDEE
if not you didn't read the sticky
>>
>>35131848
>if anyone knows of anyway to determine, or can refer me to an article on how to determine ( I did read the sticky ) how much of what I should be eating,
This is literally in the sticky
>>
File: 1447799813797.jpg (1 MB, 1625x1820) Image search: [Google]
1447799813797.jpg
1 MB, 1625x1820
>>35131848
This should do it for you /b/ro

Fit is mostly for faggots. Don't expect any real help here. This is one of the rare cases Reddit would actually be a better source for you.

Pro Tip
A lot of the /fit/fags will tell you not to calorie count. You want to calorie count.

Even on low carb, count your calories. I would recommend keeping it to 1,500 - 2,000 for loosing fat without a active life style.

And lift as much as you can, stay away from cardio, it's bull shit for women.
>>
>>35131940
Is it just a requirement to drop weight or to actually drop in fat? What's your time frame, age, and weight?

If it's just losing weight you should get MyFitnessPal or something and start recording your caloric intake. Read that damn sticky it's pretty neat and it helped me. The calories in and calories out is what's going to matter for the weight. Everything else will matter more towards your body composition and health. You probably have no idea how much you're really eating, even if you think you don't eat that badly. If you do think you eat poorly you probably eat even worse than that in reality.

I'd recommend some weight training along with running/walking 3+ miles a day. That isn't difficult at all, but you have to do it. Try turning this weight loss into something you do for yourself instead of the company, because the results will likely be better and last longer. Go for a lifestyle change instead

I'm doing a keto/Atkins diet which is high in fat and protein but has very few carbs (20-50g). It is meant to get my body burning fat as an energy source. I eat a lot of meat and cheese plus some veggies and it's pretty enjoyable. This is probably not good for you at this stage though since you're fat and probably don't know what you should really be eating which will make keto ineffective. Maybe take a look at it later on though. I'm trying to cut down from 22-18% bodyfat and am still getting noob gains from my weight training so it works for me decently.

Get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, drink some black coffee to help with hunger and energy, and watch your portions.

>Source: lost 70 lbs last year and browse /fit/ (lol)
>>
Even if you count calories I don't think you will have any great success in 3-4 days.
You can lose 2 to 6 kg depending on your metabolism in maybe a month.

Shit is no rocket science but it does take time.
Don't get angry over stupid answers when looking for that one ABS trick (doctors HATE him!)
>>
>>35134376
I think he meant he was starting the diet in 3-4 days, not that the diet was only going to last 3-4 days.
>>
>>35131848
K I'll try to help you:
-Get my fitness pal app. THat will help you with your calories count. This is very important.
-You can make any recipe healthier if you know how to cook. If you don't, learn. Like getting in shape, it does not happens instantly.
- Learn to cook rice, quinoa, lentils and beans. Those work as side dishes that will still give you proteins besides the carbs that YOU DO NEED. There are tones of variations on the seasonings.
- Seasoning does not add calories, adds flavour. Seasoning comes from spices, not dressings.
- Learn how to cook without oil or with a little bit of it. Get a non stick pan. For dressings, use olive oil (in moderation of course, a few drops adds flavour to salads and can turn a simple cup of quinoa into a heavenly dish)
- Get ready for cravings. Kill it with water, nuts, popcorn (natural of course, you can make it yourself, is cheap as fuck), olives, watermelon, pineapple, celery sticks, carrots, etc.
>>
>>35131940
>So my goal is to cut as much fat as possible in as short a time as possible.

>eat literally nothing
>take large doses of DNP
>drink lots of water
aside from liposuction, this is the only course of action that will give you results in such a short time.
>>
>>35132230
>The sticky has no recipes, and it has no diet plans.

diet plans must be made for you personally. gotta take into account lots of things like your height, your weight, any existing medical conditions or allergies, your physical activity levels, your goals, ...

anyway, literally no diet in the world will give you significant weight loss within 3-4 days. weight loss is a long-term process, not something you achieve within a few days.
>>
>Google 'healthy meals'
>Weigh and count calories
>spend 10 minutes educating yourself on what foods are healthy
>weigh them and put them in meals, count calories

or hope /fit/ will do it for you.
>>
>Get large cast iron pan
>Get whole chicken
>Shove celery, onion, carrots, garlic and fresh thyme sprigs in chicken ass along with a spoonful of butter
>Preheat oven to 350
>Cast iron pan on stove at max with olive oil or butter and thyme
>Once smokin hot set chicken in pan upside down
>Let sear for a minute
>Flip it rightside up, baste with butter/olive oil
>Throw in oven
>check every 20 or so minutes and baste
>Cook until it's not pink inside

Chicken feast

Then if you're smart and don't like to be wasteful you can use the skin, bones and drippings to make your own chicken stock

Bitches love a man that can make a good chicken stock
>>
>>35131848
I usually cut the chicken breast in dices and start boiling some water for rice or pasta

Start cooking the chicken in the pan, frying it in olive oil and a small amount of seasoning (mainly I just add salt, black pepper and dried onion flakes)

add some white wine too, then let it cook slowly with a lid over it

when it gets tender and white inside remove lid and get the fire a lil higher

add the rice/pasta plus some soy sauce, letting everything fry together for a couple of mins

if you want you can obviously add veggies (in dices too) or some other topping you like
>>
>>35131940
If you want to lose weight quickly within 3-4 days, eat fewer carbs and sodium, drink less water, and do something that makes you sweat a ton. You will lose lots of weight in water.

Of course, this is only for emergencies.
>>
>>35135213
I think he is saying he is going to start a diet in 3 or 4 days, so he is trying to educate himself before starting it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.