[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, I moved into an apartment that was built in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: The-Door-Frame-Pull-Up-Bar.jpg (533 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
The-Door-Frame-Pull-Up-Bar.jpg
533 KB, 1600x1600
Hey /fit/,

I moved into an apartment that was built in the 1920s and has non-standard door frames. As a result, the chin-up bar I have now doesn't fit.

I'm looking to get one that goes directly into the doorframe like pic related. I need it to hold up to 200 lbs.

Do any of you guys or gals use one? If so, which one? This one on Amazon has good reviews: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012I4NSMM/ref=s9_simh_hd_bw_p200_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
>>
>>35131115
get the kind that hooks on the top frame of the door. it'll hold more weight.
>>
>>35131132

That's the problem - I have one already that hooks around and it doesn't fit on these doorways, hence why I'm trying to find one that goes directly in the doorframe.
>>
>>35131115
You have to tighten it pretty boss like. I've seem too many of those fall and bust the person's ass. And when I say too many I would say about 2 or 3
>>
>>35131115
Mine looks like that, but I think it's called big Mikes or something. They work just fine. Be sure you to some safety checks before actually exercising. Like just hang so you can catch yourself. Also they loosen when you twist them (by design); just make sure it's tight between sets.
>>
>>35131147
No, you need the one that like goes around the back of the door, they're really easy to use and set up
>>
>>35131115
prepare to break your spine when this falls
>>
>>35132496
holy shit, are you dense?
OP doesn't have the right kind of door frame for that.
>>
>>35132671
Yeah, I know, that's why needs to get the one that you don't have to screw in, it like wraps around the door and it fits most doors
>>
>>35132684
Jesus Christ what is your problem

>>35131115
My brother had one of those and it fucked up the door frame and slowly moved downwards. If you post how exactly your old bar does not fit, we could maybe figure some ghetto solution to modify your door frame.
>>
File: 1437191262999.jpg (408 KB, 1400x933) Image search: [Google]
1437191262999.jpg
408 KB, 1400x933
try going to the gymnasium lad
>>
>>35132712
My problem? I'm just trying to help, I use one and it works great and really easy set up, you just gotta find a bar that has the attachment sticking out that let's it grip the frame

Super easy to take down too but also sufficiently study
>>
>>35132721
Is that a man?
>>
>>35132736
He has a bar like that, and it doesn't fit the fucking door frame. People have been telling you this like three times already.
>>
>>35132740
shut the fuck up, that was my ex girlfriend you're talking to. Don't call her a man, you fucker.
>>
>>35132770
What's his name?
>>
>>35132777
She's not a guy, she's a woman you fucker. Do you need to get your eyes checked or something? Like shit stop injecting so much stupid shit into ur body and maybe you'll know the difference between a male and a female
>>
>>35132769
Dude, I'm just helping, chill

From personal experience the ones that wrap around the door are the best, they're easy and offer fantastic stability

Usually you have to put them together yourself but that never takes long
>>
>>35131115
it comes with mounting brackets that screw directly into the studs of the door frame. You would effectively have to shear the screws to break that thing, but it will leave holes in your frame as well.

I personally don't trust just tightening against the frame and will live with having to patch the holes when i move.
>>
>>35131132
>>35132496
>>35132684
>>35132736
>>35132804

I haven't seen bait like this since that fucking underwater weight test. 8.5/10 you rustled me
>>
>>35132770
>ex girlfriend

Is that because she's a man now instead, making her your boyfriend?
>>
>>35132791
>Do you need to get your eyes checked or something
speak for yourself man-fucker.
>>
File: different_fagging.png (31 KB, 686x166) Image search: [Google]
different_fagging.png
31 KB, 686x166
>>35132943
actually we all just independently know the right way to do it.
>>
>>35132804
top notch b8 m8
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.