[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skinnyfat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20151203_214418.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151203_214418.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
Pic related is me after 1 month of getting /fit/. Previously was a skinnyfat MMO playing borderline autist. My question is this:

With my current love handles and just...well...fat, should I focus on bulking or cutting first?
>>
cut until you have visible abs for at least a month always
>>
>>35130969
You have nothing to cut into but you also have a lot of fat to lose.

It depends on your priorities.

Do you want to be strong? Or presentable naked?

The choice is obviously yours and in the long term, doesn't matter too much.
>>
So my general strategy should be to eat a fuck load of protein while staying 500 calories under my TDEE while continuing to lift until I'm satisfied with my fat loss?

Also what can I do about low energy from eating less calories?
>>
>>35130969
Please tell me you have a pretty face

Im a sucker for long hair and beards hnnnng
>>
>>35131064
I would if not for forehead acne. Nothing gets rid if it.
>>
>>35130969
You look better than me and I've been lifting for a year
>>
>>35131078
Acne doesnt bother me

You are going to be one of the hottest men ever when you make it

Anyway cut down until youre15-20% bf then bulk
>>
>>35130969
Cut + Lift, you'll still be able to gain muscle at a deficit.

>>35131035
Eat 0.8g/lb protein per day
>>
>>35130969
focus on cutting your hair first.
>>
I was in the same place. Def cut bro. Once you lose your fat you will be a skelly but then slowly bulk no need to eat in a huge surplus.
>>
>>35130969
cut fatso
>>
>>35130969
Did you fall for the GOMAD meme? Going from skinnyfat to fatfat in a month is way too much.
>>
>>35131104
this
You have enough fat on your body you will be able to cut and bulk at the same time.
The "starvation mode" is a meme for guys who literally have no body fat, they will gain weight in order for the body to put fat on.
For average build people, eat lean proteins, fiber high diet, potassium fruits/vegetables.
Keep a calorie defecit going.
You'll build muscle and lose fat.
Reach your ideal body fat percentage and than switch to more protein/calories as needed/reduce fiber.
>>
File: Nude Nov 2015 2.png (667 KB, 588x714) Image search: [Google]
Nude Nov 2015 2.png
667 KB, 588x714
A thread where people are actually being helpful, I should try and jump in here too

Ex-fatty, now skinnyfat. lost 110lbs since March 1st, just through diet and running. Didn't lift at all. I just want the love handles gone

Do I keep cutting and lifting or just start bulking?
>>
>>35130969

cut first and bulk later if you want to look fit quick (ottermode)

bulk first and cut later if you want to look big and strong (built); this is a also a bit more efficient

either way there will be gains...
>>
>>35131197
somebody please answer I've been trying to get advice on this for weeks now
>>
>>35131157
Nah, no GOMAD. I don't feel like i'm fitfat because I don't feel remotely fit yet. What can you expect after just a month? I went years playing WoW in a sitting position so reversing this is actually kind of tough. My main problem is posture...anterior pelvic tilt due to lack of glute strength.
>>
>>35131104
Sticky says 1.5g/lb protein a day. Any reason you recommend 0.8 instead? Is 1.5g/ln a meme?
>>
>>35131300
I didn't say you were fitfat, I said you were fat fat.
>>
>>35131281
You're really lucky that you didn't develop stretch marks and hanging skin, so if I were you I'd keep cutting to avoid it completely.
>>
>>35131281

I think you should just keep cutting.
>>
>>35131197
clean bulk
>>
>>35131322
Oh. That makes more sense. Before I had literally zero muscle and absolutely atrocious posture. For the last month I've been rehabilitating I guess, gaining glute and core strength so I don't look like "computer guy". I was eating more to help gain some of that muscle. I guess cutting is my best option so I can stop being fatfat.
>>
>>35131308
sort of... it was a translation mistake (of pure laziness): the translator was too lazy to think 1.5g/kg would be in lbs (0.8g/lb)
but then there are advocates of 1.5g/lbs, well, it won't do no harm if you drink enough water...
>>
>>35131323
>>35131324
I do have stretch marks, but they've faded considerably. I have a small amount of loose skin as well, that shitty quality pic just doesn't show it much

>>35131324
That's what I figured too. Thank you

>>35131346
Would a clean bulk result in muscle gain plus fat loss? I don't care much about muscles at this point, I just want to try and hit skelly mode then go from there
>>
>>35131308
It is, lean muscle doesn't need as much protein, your specific body mass might not need as much protein.
If you're not working out every single day you do not need that much protein.
Tons of reasons you do not need that much protein.

It's much better to figure out your specific needs, than switch over and add protein when you want to gain mass.
Doing otherwise has a chance of making that belly come back.
>>
>>35131308
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders
>>
>>35131380
Thanks for this link. Yeah I always thought that the optimal amount being exactly 1g/lb was too big a coincidence and it just reeked of bullshit to me.
>>
>>35131372
skellymode? why? eat at maintenance and build muscle.
>>
>>35131401
Figured it'd be easier to cut all the way down to nothing and then just start fresh instead of trying to build muscle underneath my fat love handles. Unless I go fridge mode I feel like I'll never look proportional
>>
Bulk. I fell for cutting first and just ended up looking even more skinny fat / skeleton mode with zero muscle. I would only cut if you have muscle underneath your fat, which you don't.
>>
File: 1445506180987.jpg (42 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1445506180987.jpg
42 KB, 500x667
>>35130969
how tall are you op?

I look pretty much the same now, also a month of /fit/, but I'm 6'7, and always looked thin, so I'd rather get bulky then cut, than looking lean and thin again?

what /fit/ recommends?
>>
>>35131418
5'10 manlet mode.
>>
>>35131426
5'10" isn't manlet mode, you're prince of manlets my friend

i think 5'9 is the meme cutoff
>>
>>35131414
it won't be easier. it'll be super discouraging as well because you won't get hardly any strength gains if you go skellymode. also, more mass means more resting calorie usage and better metabolism. bulk first then cut, you'll look better the entire time and get strength gains. and yes, 1g/lb is a meme
>>
>>35131452
alright well I appreciate it, time to get the dumbbells out of the basement I suppose. Thanks man

and thanks everyone else who replied, not OP but you've helped me
>>
File: DXA-weight-gain-in-deficit.jpg (33 KB, 630x143) Image search: [Google]
DXA-weight-gain-in-deficit.jpg
33 KB, 630x143
>>35131452
>it'll be super discouraging as well because you won't get hardly any strength gains if you go skellymode
That's not right, it's definitely possible for chubby noobs to gain more LBM than lost fat when they're eating below maintenance.
>>
>>35131506
well, again, I don't really care about making strength gains... I just want to lose my love handles so I look proportional in clothes again, then I'll worry about getting aesthetic and making gains. So that's where I get alot of different opinions on bulk vs. cut
>>
>>35131510
cut
>>
>>35131173
What is the actual purpose of high fiber aside from helping digestion?
>>
>>35131197
Just eat moderately and lift. As an untrained person it'd be an utter waste to walk into the gym on day 1 in a calorie defecit. Noob gains are no joke, so eat at maintenence/ mild surplus and get on a solid program program. I'd recommend ICF 5x5 https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout.

Do this until you're bored then hop onto an intermediate program of your choice. Believe me when I say it's a bad idea to begin your lifting career not eating enough.
>>
>>35132212
fills you up
>>
File: 1437622174957.png (676 KB, 833x587) Image search: [Google]
1437622174957.png
676 KB, 833x587
>>35130969
cut
>>
Dear OP,

Not sure if you are still in here but I'll try:

You are correct about your assumptions.
The most important thing at the moment is to just DO. Get into the gym, lift heavy ass weights and eat proper.
Your questions are valid, but you yourself already know the answer to them, and if not, can find it easily anywhere on the internet. Asking too many questions is a sign of insecurity and a lack of willingness to go forward. Get motivated, get your ass into the gym and just go kick ass. Don't waste time sitting on your PC waiting for people to tell you exactly how to do it. I recognize this behavior a lot in myself from back before I started getting serious, just trust me.

Hope this helps :)
>>
>>35130982
DONT DO THAT
U GOT WIDE HIPS BREH
YOU WILL CUT FOR TOO LONG

DO A CLEAN BULK MAN
IT EXISTS
JUST DO IT
>>
And to all the faggots saying "CUT TO GET AESTHETHICS XD"

It's fucking winter time you don't get undressed in a club. People at most will unbutton your shirt from the top but winter is bulk season not cut.

You'll get defined abs for may not for january
>>
>>35134395
found the /plg/ fatfuck who has literally never had ab veins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBzVRrdKIs
>>
>>35131173
>potassium fruits/vegetables.

How does the potassium helps here?
>>
>>35130969
>should i cut or bulk
I hate that question.
Just lift heavy shit off the floor, fat will go away as you sweat.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.