[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat fathers =fat kids Obesity changes dna in your sperm and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Fat fathers =fat kids
Obesity changes dna in your sperm and makes your kids fat.
We are breeding a race of fatties
http://ab.co/1SAV9ik
>>
>>35130698
Tbh f.am I get the feeling that having a fat mother while you're still in the womb is probably far more likely to produce fat kids
>>
>>35130715
Of course its known diabetes in the mother produces fatter babies. But now its also confirmed for the father.
>>
>>35130698
>http://ab.co/1SAV9ik
That article is so fucking retarded.

The article leads a reasonable person to believe that it's just father figure stuff while the scientists they "cite" say that it's genetics. Is there some research with single mothers or adoptees that proves that it's epigenetic or what?
>>
>>35130742
Interesting, rather unexpectedly tobacco smoking or exposure to toxic substances like pesticides by fathers wasn't found to alter their children in any way but if the mother was exposed to pretty much anything toxic before or during pregnancy and breastfeeding it would fuck their shit right up
>>
this isn't new information

the idea of hereditary epigenetics has been discussed for years on /fit/.

it's the same shit as always

if you live a sedentary/shitty lifestyle you will make these obesity related genes express themself.

if you're fat you will pass on specific genes to your offspring.

if you start living a healthy lifestyle you will express healthy genes instead, and instead you will pass these good genes onto your offspring.

it's an on/off switch that is nearly entirely dependant on your environment/lifestyle.

act accordingly.
>>
I feel like this is true. When my brother was born my dad was still athletic, happy and had a successful job, and wouldn't you know my brother was tall well proportioned and handsome. 10 years later my dad was in a bout of depression had stopped being his younger athletic self, gained 20kgs and quit his better higher paying job due to dissatisfaction and was struggling to find another career. Guess how I look compared to my brother. Life is unfair anons but keep im going to fighting not just for me but for my future children too.
>>
>>35130791
Nowhere in that brief blurb did it imply that this is father figure stuff. The whole news story is that unique genetic markers have found in the sperm of fat guys.
>>
>>35130698
I will take what is epigenetic for $1000.
>>
>>35131074
this is wrong. you will pass on 1/2 of all of your genes regardless.
>>
>>35131647
Gene EXPRESSION my nigga
>>
File: ScreenHunter_009.jpg (32 KB, 422x271) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_009.jpg
32 KB, 422x271
>>35130698
or maybe people too stupid to feed themselves are too stupid to feed their kids?
>>
>>35131671
>if you're fat you will pass on specific genes to your offspring
this is completely different from gene expression. you have no idea what you are talking about. safe face and shut up.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.