[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck, guys. I got myself into a bet, and essentially, in about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1
File: iilockout.jpg (23 KB, 232x345) Image search: [Google]
iilockout.jpg
23 KB, 232x345
Fuck, guys. I got myself into a bet, and essentially, in about 3-ish months i need to be able to do 1 armed pull-ups. Im pretty skinny and can only do about 11 in a row max. Wat do
>>
Pull ups
>>
Start doing heavy weighted pullups
>>
>>35130647
Test E + Winstrol/Anavar
or straight Halotestin
DNP to cut any remaining fat

Do weighted pull ups until you can rep 0.7 times your bodyweight, then start doing negatives of one armed pull ups until you can complete a whole rep
>>
Look up progression to them on t nation, they have a whole article
>>
>>35130647
>can only do about 11 in a row max

You won't be able to do it in that time frame unless you use roids. You are weak as fuck.
>>
>>35130663
Can you dumb it down a little?
>>
>>35130689
Bulk with test and some drug
Use a drug called dnp which preserves muscle while making your body burn more energy as heat ergo fat
>>
>>35130689
You're going to need steroids, particularly steroids that don't make you retain massive amounts of water.

So I recommend running a low dose of injected Testosterone Enanthate and taking winstrol pills, an oral steroid.
Test E is a great steroid overall for lean mass and strength gains, winstrol is great for lean muscle and strength gains with no water retention.

Go to steroidology.com for more info.

There isn't any way you're going to gain that much strength in 3 months without steroids, so if you're committed to this bet, that's the course you have to take.
>>
heavy roids and one armed negatives.
stop training everything not related to pullups and let those muscles waste away.
>>
>>35130647
Amputate your legs
>>
like everyone else said ther eis no way you will get a one armer in 3 months from your current level. it took me a year from the time I first did a one arm negative. I can't speak much about negatives, but what worked most for me was doing a lot of one arm negatives, weighted one arm negatives, and one arm pullups from bent arm (I found that the transition from straight arm to bent was the hardest). to get to the one arm negative, uneven pullups and one arm pullups with the other hand pulling on a doorframe are good.
>>
Your fucked. You lose. Gg faggot
>>
you dun goofed
>>
>>35130663
literally this is the only way to do it in 3 months, but skip the DNP, that is just unnecessary.

outside of that, those fake 1-arm pull ups where you grab your forearm with one hand, archer pull ups, weighted archer pull ups, one-arm negatives.

those will help focus on one-arm pull up, but you do want to progress on more pull up variations than just those few.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31gaR3zOLzQ
>>
one-arm lat pulldowns.
linear progression.
do them every single workout
add 5lb every workout.
eat big
sleep big.

oh wait shit... then your bodyweight will go up along with your strength gains... that won't do..
i guess your fucked without roids, brah.
>>
There's no way you can do one-arm pullups in 3 months if your max is 11
>>
The amount of advanced roids required to make this work means its cheaper to just lose the bet.
>>
>>35131129
How long do you think it would take normally? 5 months? 8 months?
>>
Look up the progressions done on beast skills and convict conditiioning on youtube.

Secondly look up greasing the groove. It states that to get better at a movement you should do it as many times a day as possible but still remain fresh enough to do other things during the day and do another set with ease.
In short that means doing one set of half of your max multiple times a day.
Maybe once every 1-2 hours or anytime you get near a place where you can do a quick set.

Combining this with the progressions for a one arm chin or pull you should be able to do it in a matter of months.

If you're able to do it in three..then you're either lucky and a hard worker or a monster.
>>
Disclaimer: I can't do 1 arm pullups

Its all about skill though. Put your right hand on the bar & grip it hard. Take your left hand [the free hand] & grab your right wrist [the one doing the "work]. This will assist you while still training the grip strength.

I can do like 5 like this, with the other arm on the wrist assisting. If I let go, its more of a stabilization issue. Your body is going to rotate & swing around like all hell. I feel like its more about stabilizing/skill than actual strength.
>>
Your biggest limiter will be your tendons.
You'll need at least 48 hours between your sessions if you don't want to overtrain.

I made a pulley contraption for my homegym so that I could wear a harness and add weight to the end as an assist. 3 months may manageable if you're skelly, but if you're close to ottermode, I would cut.
>>
>>35131178

it depends how much you weight.
lighter is better. If you want to have an idea of the kind of effort needed, try doing a single regular pullup with a weighted belt holding a 45. You probably won't be able to do it. Yet, a single 45 isn't a good representation of a one-arm pullup. 3 45-plates is more like it
>>
>>35130647
good luck
>>
>>35131274
So the goal is to build the muscle enough for it to hold up the weight?
>>
Op here, thanks for all the advice
>>
One arm pull ups is literally hard.

I do 160lbsBW+ 60lbs for 5 reps and Im not even close to 1 rep a one arm pull ups
>>
>>35131303

pretty much...your goal is to have the most muscle combined with lowest weight, hence the people suggesting to roid for the challenge. How much do you weight anyway ?
>>
Greg O'Gallagher has been training for 10 years and does weighted chin ups with 140 pounds for 5 reps at 170 bodyweight, yet he can only do 2 one armed pull ups.

That's your perspective here, OP
>>
>>35131412
he probably hasn't trained doing one armed pull ups, there's plenty of other people that can do them
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+do+one+arm+pull+ups
>>
>>35130647
http://www.beastskills.com/one-arm-chin-up-pull-up/

GL id also recommend rope climbs
>>
>>35131478

shill tube videos tutorials the the biggest tier of shit in the bw community.
>>
>>35131508
yeah you're right, he should take advice from people that won't prove that they can do a one arm pull up themselves
>>
>>35130647
SS+GOMAD
>>
Shits hard as hell, I'm a 140lb skelly that only rock climbs and I can only start from a dead hang and get to where my elbow is at 90 degrees.

Start doing negatives and use a pulley system to take some of the load off to make it easier. Good luck anon
>>
>>35130647

Lol you're not going to be able to do it. Sorry mate. Takes about 12-24 months to achieve once you can rep out 20 reps and got a 30% 1rm bw pull up

Do you have a bodyweight weighted pull up yet?

Doubt it, so how to fuck are you gonna be able to do your bodyweight on one arm.
>>
>>35131390
are you sure you do pull ups and not chin ups? pics of lats?
>>
>>35131567
How close are you on the pulley system?

I cut from 163 to 158 and only need 35 lb assist for 10 singles.
>>
>>35131550
>>35131505

plzzz
>>
>>35131614
I don't actually know. My bro had it set up at his house and was watching him do it since I was too drunk. I'm going to set one up at my place though since my NYR is to try to campus a v1 with 90 lbs on me (do a really easy climb with just my arms) so this will help a lot

But nice man, did you start with just the 35 or have you worked up to there?
>>
It's just going to take a while.
I've been doing chin ups my whole life and have never not been able to do at least 10 and I've always been over 250lbs.
I can only do a few assisted chin ups on each arm.
I'm not even sure if I'd be able do one arm chinups as easily as I'm able to do close leg one arm pushups.
>>
>>35131687

Are you a Terminator?
>>
>>35131685
I worked up to 6x5 with 45 lbs added on regular chins..
After that I worked up to a few singles of one arm while grabbing my bicep.

Then, I worked to 45lbs assist, and last workout was the 35lbs.

I've always done weighted pullups, but I didn't start to actually pursue it like this until two weeks ago.

It's hard as shit and I'm really worried about my elbows.

I used to rock climb and boulder daily, which is why I want to do it so badly.
>>
>>35130647

Reminder that one armed pull ups require HUGE core strength. If you just try to progress with regular pullups your stabilizers wont be strong enough. Do core workouts etc as well
>>
>>35131783
Where can I find this?
>>
>>35130647
What do you do when you can only bench 100lbs but want to bench 250lbs? You work your way up, when working for 1 arm pull ups you just pull yourself up with both arms, let go with one arm and sloooowly let yourself drop, keeping tension in the lat. do this for both arms and try to do a complete pullup once in a while, would probably say that it will take you a month to be able to do it if your consistent. It will probably even be less than a month, I managed to do it in 4 days. But hey, we're not all alike
>>
Not gonna happen in 3 months especially if you haven't been directly training it.

11 pull isn't a bunch either.
>>
>>35130809
Post of 2015
>>
cut off your legs and non-dominant arm, and take lots of steroids
>>
>>35130647
you need to do 1, but you can do 11 as well.
>>
>>35130647
You probably won't be able to do it. To approach a one armed pull-up, I advise you to do a one handed pull-up, meaning, you use your other hand to grip your wrist. It's pretty easy and you should be able to do it right away.
>>
>>35130647
Just try every day and rest when you need to. Do your best.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.