[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/ Bend over and try to touch your toes and measure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: standing-half-forward-bend.jpg (26 KB, 372x443) Image search: [Google]
standing-half-forward-bend.jpg
26 KB, 372x443
Alright /fit/

Bend over and try to touch your toes and measure it with a ruler. How far away are you from the ground?

8 inches for me
>>
>>35127903
8 fucking inches? What the fuck m8.

Literally 0 here.
>>
I can touch the ground
>>
>>35127903
i can put my palms down like pic but near my heels

>would you like to put it in
>>
>>35127927
Wait, or did you mean while keeping your back straight? Because then I'm really shitty, as I can't even bring my back into a horizontal position without bending in my knees.
>>
>>35127903
>How far away are you from the ground?
What?
I can put the back of my palms on the ground. If I'm not cold and I stretch a bit first, I can do OPs pic and stay in that position.
>>
>>35127903
i can place my thumb and pinky on the ground.

though i did some intense pnf stretching for a few months a few months ago. then i got bored of it.

i can almost place them flat if i stretch first.

i wonder if i should start increasing my flexibility again.

pnf stretching just hurts so fucking much
>>
I can put my head between my legs
>>
>>35127927
physically impossible retard, you'd fall over (provided you were doing it right)

this is also kind of a nonsense way to test your flexibility. go against a wall and put a meterstick down, see how far you have to go out to be able to touch the ground (distance from heel to ground). average person gets around 10-15cm, not being a retard and working on flexibility has me at 5cm
>>
>>35127997
>pnf stretching just hurts so fucking much

Suck it up, you little bitch

Is what I tell myself everytime I stretch
>>
>be former dancer
>can when warm lick my knees
>>
>>35128011
*heel to wall, i'm an idiot
>>
>>35127986
Found a power bottom here.
>>
>>35128011
How many feet is 15 cm?
>>
>>35127903
4 inches, but i'm 6'0 and have to wear 36" jeans
>>
I'm in the shower in prison right now, is this a smart idea..?
>>
>>35128034

Its rougly 6 inches/half a foot.
>>
>>35128011
what the fuck? its not impossible, you push your ass back to keep your balance. your ass wont be directly above your feet like in that picture. your wall test is fucking retarded, no one can do that with their heels against the wall due to aforementioned reasons

also, congrats on almost being able to touch your toes with your legs straight. no, wait, thats a fucking useless metric. i can do everything i need to do even though my flexibility measured by these standards isn't that great. i do 0 flexibility work, total 1100 which isnt a lot but still can touch the floor with my legs straight.

stretching is a fucking fad, unless youre an olympic lifter just doing the main compounds with full rom will make and keep you flexible enough for just about everything
>>
Palms flat and next to my heels.

Hypermobility, ex-nationa level hurdler and 14 years kickboxing reporting in.
>>
>>35128011
What are you talking about? I can touch the ground, palms flat with my knees straight and not fall over. Literally never stretched a day in my life. Although as tested by my PT once, my beighton score is 8/9-9/9 so he suggests I limit stretching, especially for my back and shoulders.
>>
I touch floor with palms
do u even flex?
>>
>>35128085
>stretching is a fad

topkek

enjoy your injuries fag
>>
>>35128106
name the exact mechanism by which stretching prevents injuries
>>
>>35128038
At least someone in here is honest
>>
my flexibility is not that good but i can touch my palms flat as you can see

which leads me to believe that this test isn't a good indicator of actual flexibility, just how much spinal flexion your able to achieve
>>
>>35128145
I think most people here just misunderstood what the actual task is, because you are too retarded to properly describe it.

Yes, it's all your fault.
>>
>>35127903

I can touch the floor with my palms flat and I'm 6'4 and extremely stiff and tight.
>>
>>35128155
>spinal flexion
You're legit retarded if you think this test measures spinal flexibility.
>>
>>35127903
Are you made of dry mud bricks?
>>
Wtf I can touch my toes easy
>>
>>35128155
your back isn't supposed to be that rounded
>>
>>35128231
your legit retarded if you think flexion and flexibility are the same thing
>>
>>35128231
you're legit retarded if you think it doesn't. of course having flexible hamstrings helps, BUT, you can compensate hip flexion with back flexion, you know? both ultimately achieve the same thing, getting your shoulders and thus your hands closer to your feet.
>>
>>35128257
says who?
>>
>>35128280
says me, bitch, git gud
>>
>>35128298
so can you do it?
>>
>>35127903
I can touch my head to my knees. So 0.

But 8 man? that's not even close. you need to stretch more
>>
File: pike.jpg (265 KB, 449x1342) Image search: [Google]
pike.jpg
265 KB, 449x1342
I can do head to knees but the rest of my flexibility is non existent.
>>
>>35128304
if I round my back, easily. but if doing it properly, not quite. I'd say 2-3 inches away at most.
>>
5.5 which is weird considering I can suck my own dick
>>
>>35128368
>I can suck my own dick
Tips?
>>
>>35128387
Being a skelly probably helps, I'm 5'10" and 125lbs
>>
>>35128387
Dick is only 5.5 inches as well so it's not like I can only do it because I've got a massive knob
>>
File: jan-13.jpg (47 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
jan-13.jpg
47 KB, 600x375
>>
mfw I realize people in here aren't keeping their legs straight
>>
>>35128006
If only you had 10 inch cock. You could scratch your head while stretching!.
>>
>>35128304
>>35128155
Look at OP's pic. Does your pose look like that?
>>
>>35127903

Can touch my palms to the floor with both of my feet together and my knees locked. Then again, I can do side splits and a full split with enough warming up.
>>
Bros, what kind of stretching should I do to acheive OPs pic?
>>
>>35128878
Why do you want to be that flexible? I used to stretch my hamstrings all the time and I got a shitload of hamstring injuries back then.

Now my hamstrings are strong as fuck and I can jump higher, run faster and lift more because and only because I don't stretch them all the time
>>
>>35127903

Back when all I did was run and stretch after, I could touch my toes pretty easily. Now I never stretch and alternate lifting and running and can maybe get halfway down my calves.
>>
>>35128878
Do you not into self-thought even once?

Obviously butt-cheek-spreads and rectal prolapses.
>>
palms to the ground.
>>
>>35127903
0 inches, im stretching and blackrolling besides lifting, thats why im not some stiff bastard
>>
>>35127903
Do you want me to touch my toes or imitate the image?

Regardless, I can do both with ease. Though the position in the image gives me an uncomfortable stretch in my calves.
>>
>>35128950
>blackrolling
I bet you are faggot
>>
>>35128126
>being able to move muscle through full ROM safely
>not preventing injuries
okay budy
>>
>>35128878

Hold a stretch as far as you can for 10 seconds then push farther; do that repeatedly until you hit 60 seconds.

When you hold a stretch, your body loosens up the longer you hold it. Once you hit the 30 second mark, you should be significantly more limber than you were when you started thus
capable of hitting a deeper position. As an example, do some basic dynamic stretches to warm up where you bob in and out of the stretch 5-10 times before you do it or until you feel
noticeably looser. Start by going as far down as you can with your knees locked and feet together. Bob about an inch or so down at the same speed you would casually tap your finger
on a desk. At 10 seconds, push farther and repeat. After a few weeks, you should be more flexible; keep doing that but with a lower starting position until you're starting with your finger
tips on the floor, then switch to 10 seconds on your finger tips, 10 seconds with your thumbs touching, 10 seconds with the bottom of your knuckles, then 30 seconds with your palms.

Do three major 60 second stretches post workout after a few minutes of dynamic stretches to ensure you don't pull your shit like >>35128906 did. Generally, you want to do stretches
that hit the same areas that your workout did as static stretches (holding it for an extended period) tends to loosen the muscle after a workout and relax it a bit which is obviously helpful
for recovery. Main thing to keep in mind is that an effective stretch feels like a stretch: you don't feel like something is about to rip, but you will feel extremely uncomfortable. Stretching
is like lifting. If you're pushing hard enough to see change, it's not going to hurt, but it is going to be hard as hell.
>>
>>35127903
who is this semen demon
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.