[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its a trap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Trex.jpg (117 KB, 650x712) Image search: [Google]
Trex.jpg
117 KB, 650x712
>So i want to get fit, have some muscles and look athletic

And instantly everyone tells you to do SS. You'll end up having a big ass and big hamstrings. Your anterior chain will be much weaker than your posterior chain due to fatty sit downs (lowbar) and deadlifts.You end up looking skinnyfat as fuck (we see lots of guys here squat +3plates, but most of them just have a big ass, thats it).

There's no "strength base", if you want to start olympic weightlifting or bodybuilding, nobody with a proper education will tell you to do SS with powerlifting movements for those goals. So why should you take a powerlifting babysteps routine, if you don't want to be a powerlifter?

SS is great if you want to be a powerlifter, but most pple will just get trapped into a powerlifting, when all they really wanted was to look good and be athletic.
>>
>>35123979
whats a strength base in your opinion OP, whats a strength base for olympic or weightlifting.
>>
>>35124017
For weightlifting you want to start doing high bar squats, front squats, cleans and snatches right from the beginning. That's the strength base for weightlifting, not SS. it's much more about anterior chain strength than powerlifting.
>>
>>35123979
I'm probably one of the people you're referring to. Can you also run 100 meters in less than 11 seconds?
>>
>>35124035
No, becouse i'm into strength training.
>>
>>35123979

And how much would a newbie set himself back for doing SS for 3 months instead of fucking around with a self-invented brosplit? Cause that's the "starting" part of SS. Nobody here recommends anyone to do it year around. Not that they'd be able to do so anyway. Linear gains don't come that easy.

Its the gomad part that would fuck anyone, powerlifter or no powerlifter.

Also,
>An olympic weightlifting routine is better for olympic weightlifting than a powerlifting routine
No shit?
>>
Good thread. Bodybuilding for example is not about your strength progression. Probably you will get strength and muscle more from SS, but with wrong proportion. You don't want it in your glutes, hams and core in a dominant way. You want to build it "aesthetically" (I hate that word). Something like PPLxPPL is much better desu.

SS is just a simple, stripped version of how to progress with barbell movements. That's good for barbell training, but people have different goals.
>>
>>35123979
I did SS, and I'm happy with the strength gains but my upper body looks weak as hell. What do you recommend? PPL? Chest/tri, Back/bi, Legs? How many days a week?

FYI my 1RM are 145/215/260/345
>>
>>35124148
your upper body IS weak as hell
>>
>>35124121
Yeah but pple here tell to start with SS, no matter what. "After THAT its time to choose what you want, WL / PL / BB"

I'm not sure that newbies find it good that their legs increase fuckloads compared to upperbody, when that is not what they want. Yes, they do want big legs, but they want their upper body to dominate. Thats why you should let them focus on aesthetics, when thats what they are after. Bodybuilding is not about getting 4 pl8 squats and then keeping them up while trying to catch with upper body. Its about proportions, which can be important for you even if you're dyel.
>>
>>35123979

which is why it's called "starting strength", as in "do this for 3 months and move on" instead of "do this for 2 years" you retard.
>>
>>35124148
Well i know more about strength training, but PPLxPPL is good.
>>
>>35124181
--> >>35124180

Its not about gettings your strength level up, but getting your muscles up keeping the proportions all the way up there.
>>
>>35124157
Yes, but relative to where I started strength has increased significantly while size hasn't changed much. (except my now huge ass and legs)
>>
>>35124050
If you hit 1/2/3/4 and can't run 100m in less than 13 seconds, you're a failure

Go test yourself
>>
>>35124180
I do SS. But I don't do 3x5. Its more like everything that works upper body is 10-25 reps. So I look like guido instead of a t-rex.
>>
Trollbait. Report and hide.
>>
File: 1442194985133.jpg (75 KB, 507x564) Image search: [Google]
1442194985133.jpg
75 KB, 507x564
>>35123979

Except we have had a thread on /fit/ where two twins, one who did SS and one who did a brosplit, got almost exactly the same results when it comes to size.

http://4chandata.org/fit/SS-vs-Brosplit-again-a762622
http://desustorage.org/fit/thread/30146641/
>>
>>35124371
But bodybuilding is not about the size. Do you know what those pple are after? "Aesthetics" is the term they keep using.

And i remember that thread. However, it is not enough data to make any assumptions. I know many guys who started with PPLxPPL and got great results, or didnt progress at all. How you plan your progression and how you eat matters a lot.But we are talking about proportions here for BB.
>>
>>35124436
Sry i meant to say that its not about the size only. Ofc that matters 2.
>>
>>35124315
Why is this bait?
>>
>>35124517
>Le epic SS v. Split thread 23450

Do you really think anyone posts this shit sincerely?

Do you think Mac v. PC threads on /g/ are genuine?

Do you believe 0.999 != 1 threads on /sci/ are genuine?

Do you believe cvuckolding threads on /pol/ are sincere?

Sage, report and hide.
>>
>>35124551
But this is not about SS vs split
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.