[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You often read about how eating too much red meat might have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: rotisserie-chicken.jpg (230 KB, 900x616) Image search: [Google]
rotisserie-chicken.jpg
230 KB, 900x616
You often read about how eating too much red meat might have some negative effects on your overall health.

But is there such a thing as eating too much chicken?
>>
chicken is my favorite meat

literally could eat that shit all day every day holy shit you got my hungry OP can't wait to hit up Wendy's and get a spicy chicken sandwhich tomorrow
>>
>>35121788
>planning a visit to a fast food place
>>
>>35121783
That depends
1, lots of animals are pumped full of antibiotics, and
2, lots of chickens get given lots of estrogen to make their breasts grow bigger

I think that the consumption of these chickens would lead to some of these drugs and hormones passing onto you through consumption, but I honestly don't know what quantity you would need for it to have a serious impact

If you ate chicken that hasn't been raised like this, I guess it should be fine in large quantities, although I would still assume that the breast meat would have some amount of estrogen
>>
>>35121783
Perhaps.
>>
>>35121783
No study has ever proven that red meat is bad, they only correlated meat consumption to a lot of death causes, BUT, you also have to keep in mind that the people who consume a lot of meat tend to consume a lot of everything, have a higher BMI, smoke more, drink more alcohol etc. compared to vegetarians or people who eat less red meat, therefore they more likely develope T2D, CVD etc. (ON AVERAGE)
it's not Meat=dead, it's Stupid diet/lifestyle=too much meat=too low exercise level=not enough fruit/vegetables=too high BMI, dyslipidemia, high blood pressure, T2D, kidney diseases etc...
>>
>>35121818
hormones break down nigh instantly in the digestive tract bro
you could literally soak the chicken in estrogen and then wash it down with some test, it wouldn't matter one bit
>>
>>35121886
Cool
I've never really seen studies on it, so just made assumptions

I've seen lots of hype about oral steroids, is this just utter bs?

What do you think about the antibiotics the animals are given would they get through our digestive system?
>>
>>35121818
>2, lots of chickens get given lots of estrogen to make their breasts grow bigger

Can I get some proof for this bro? Because I'm pretty dang sure estrogen would have no effect on a chickens "breast" since its a pectoral muscle not a mammary gland.
>>
File: 1442188343342.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1442188343342.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>35121788
>fast food
>>>/ck/
>>
>>35121818
in the U.S. it's illegal to use hormones in chicken or hogs

sorry you had to type out all that bullshit
>>
>>35121783
no.
>>
>>35121899
there are precious few things that can survive a digestive system intact, and the body tries to make sure that anything that looks like it distrupt its function gets destroyed
even oral steroids designed for people are highly designer drugs and need to follow very strict guidelines
xenoestrogens are non-steroidal but share structural motifs, that's why they're dangerous, pretty much anything that's an actual hormone (as in, has a steroidal frame) is going to get neutered by the liver
most of the antibiotics get the same treatment, some don't do shit even if they penetrate and the select few that might cause problems (chloramphenicol for example) are banned or severely limited
>>
>>35121818
>some of these drugs and hormones passing onto you
Drugs - yes, hormones - no. Almost all meat is pumped with hormones, but none of them are absorbed by your digestive system. If it was tru, we would not need roids, everyone would look like arnold just by eating chicken.
>>
>tfw allergic to chicken

Cancer here I come!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.