[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ I've been on a cut for the past two months, and I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: black powder.jpg (16 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
black powder.jpg
16 KB, 537x416
/fit/

I've been on a cut for the past two months, and I've been going to the gym since the beginning of November. I've been going 3 times a week, and my routine looked like this when I started:
>20-30 mins intense stationary bike
5x8 decreasing weight after 3 sets to encourage exhaustion of:
>DB chest press
>DB bench row
>DB skull crushers
>DB bicep curl
>DB shoulder press
>Leg press
I've switched to deadlifts, military press, and bent over rows, respectively. Definitely feels like a better workout. I usually work opposing muscle groups in back-to-back sets, too.

However, I barely have any energy to complete the last exercise, usually curl/crushers. Obviously, after my initial noobgains, I haven't been able to lift more. I'm eating 1800 calories per day.

Is this doing anything for me at this point? I'm already struggling to live at 1800 calories, and I feel like a dickhead repping the same weight every day. If anyone knows a better full body workout for weight loss, or if a split routine is better, please let me know.
>>
Split your workout into two or three different muscle groups

Row/Deadlift on back day

Squats on Leg day

Bench/Military on Chest day

It'll let you curl and shit after you get the main lifts out of the way and you'll work your body evenly.
>>
>>35121416
That's actually really helpful. I figured splitting it up would entail repeating two workouts in an A-B manner, 5 days a week.

Just to confirm, this would still be 3 times per week? Or should I do more?
>>
>>35121445
Space out your workouts by 72 hours for maximum gains.

AxBxAxBx

Or with 3

ABCxABCx

Look up "Upper Lower" or "Push Pull Legs" to get some good routines
>>
>>35121482
Wow, thanks. I was honestly expecting this thread to get to 50 replies of people calling me a faggot before getting to anything helpful.

Am I retarded for doing 5+ sets of 8 reps? I can't recall what my fitness teacher used to get me to do. Whatever it was, it fucking worked.I only remember doing opposing muscle groups together, cooldowns, and super sets
>>
>>35121515
3x5 is the volume you want for strength gains
3x8-12 is the volume you want for size gains

I'd recommend doing 3x5 on these lifts, because they're the main compound lifts which will make you stronger

>>35121416
Do 3x8-12 on stuff like biceps curls
>>
>>35121537
I know about 3x5 vs 3x8+ in that regard, but what about for weight loss?

I'm assuming I won't be getting any stronger until after my cut. I'm 6'2 and 205 lbs, so 1800 calories really leaves me with no gains lol
>>
>>35121561
It won't hurt to do more for weight loss - increases your calories burned, but as far as maintaining your muscles, doing 4x10 isn't going to make them grow noticably bigger than 3x10 unless you're on roids.

Since you're still new, you could make some muscle gains early on by keeping your protein intake up, but since you're still cutting, you're not going to be jacked until after you get abs and start bulking.
>>
>>35121602
Duly noted

Alright, I'll stop doing full body workouts and move onto some split days. Thanks anon!
>>
>>35121664
We're all gonna make it brah
>>
>>35121678
I fucked up my first chance to join all of you in aesthetics, even though you were the ones who helped me lose 80 lbs

This time, that won't happen. No matter how much it fucking sucks, I'll do it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.