[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much sleep is enough? I've been working grave for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 148526-151201.jpg (1 MB, 1672x1148) Image search: [Google]
148526-151201.jpg
1 MB, 1672x1148
How much sleep is enough? I've been working grave for a while and I've been waking up at 1-2pm and I'm sick of it. Less time during the day and I wake up feeling like shit.
>>
>>35119075
If you feel like shit you're probably not getting enough sleep. Usually if you are sleeping for the time that it is dark out you should be good.
>>
>>35119315
But I've woken up feeling like shit even if I sleep more than 8 hours
>>
File: 05.jpg (144 KB, 1100x717) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
144 KB, 1100x717
Welcome to night shift

>>35120144

You never really get used to it.
Circadian rhythm gets thrown off no matter what.
Hell, maybe once a month I hibernate and catch up on sleep that I was deprived, and sleep from 7am-4pm, up for a few hours, then continue to sleep until work or until can't sleep any longer.
It's statistically shown how trucker live shorter lives, simply due to lack of sleep.
Suck it up and get used to it, and don't go without sleep for more than 10-20 years.
>>
>>35120337
When does working grave start to affect life span? As in how long should one have been working that shift.
>>
>>35119315
Dude, in some places, especially during winter, it's dark out over half the day
>>
>>35120337
Citation to the study please, shorter life span in truckers could also reasonably be from: lower end of socioeconomic spectrum means less education and money depriving them of the means to live healthier lives, sedentary life style, increased rate of depression in the profession, substance abuse as well as others I can't be bothered to think of
>>
>>35119075
I'd like to tell you it gets better, but it doesn't. I've been on graveyard for 4 years, if i wake up early i usually just get up and try to be productive for a while then nap more later.
>>
>>35121224
chief broscientist the post
>>
>>35121697
Nope. He's not asserting it as the truth, they're simply valid considerations for confounding variables for that outcome.

Clearly you haven't a clue
>>
>>35121189
yup I get about 4-5 hours of (barely) daylight where I live, in the winter I do sleep more though, usually 8-9 hours instead of 6-7, but still feel more fatigued than during spring and summer.
>>
6 hours and half are the minimum if you plan on building some long term gains

9 hours is optimal if gym is your life

More than that is just wasting your life
>>
>>35119075
why not sleep enough that you wake up on your own?No serious isn't this best for you?Obviously keep an alarm just incase you have work but why nottime it so you wake up on your own.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.