[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much protein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: 1415815420083.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1415815420083.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
So do you all really eat about 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight?? Or am I reading the sticky wrong??
>How am I going to be able to afford that much when I am only making 20 dollars a hour?? That's like 3 entire cows a day
>I have no picture related to this question please don't delete pls
>>
>>35116945
milk, eggs, beans, oats, chicken but you don't need that much really
>>
>>35116945
for example if I weigh 200 lbs then am I eating 1400 grams of protein a week?? Jesus that sounds horrible
>>
eggs
chicken
fish
grain combinations
>>
>>35116945
Is that a picture of being bluepill?
>>
you do protein based on your LEAN BODY MASS.

i.e. im a fatass who weighs 170 lbs and im about 18-20% bf atm. so my lean body mass is somewhere around 140. using that number the ratio i generally follow is about 0.5-0.6g protons/lb of lbw. so my goal is about 70-90g protons per day. that's realistic on a cut where all my meals aren't shakes. here's my current diet (note im on a large deficit)

breakfast: 3 eggs + 1.5 cup milk + 1 can tuna (mix eggs + tuna) ~500 cals (eggs 210, tuna ~90, milk ~160)

lunch: was eating some jerky to maintain hunger since i just started this specific diet but now im just gonna switch to a 1 scoop shake

dinner: 2 scoop shake

the hunger was bad the first day but i got over it. it makes me feel less fat to be hungry when i go to bed

1g protons/lb of lbw is really extreme imo
>>
>>35116945
>So do you all really eat about 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight?? Or am I reading the sticky wrong??

the sticky operates on like 10% broscience.

you probably only need .6g and there is literally no change in physiology if you consume more than .82g/lb

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

and that is only for beginners

the longer you lift, the less protein intake you need for anabolism.
>>
>>35116978
>>35116945
You guys do know that as long as you eat multiple sources of protein you can count the protein in oats, vegetables and pretty much all sources . It doesn't have to be 200 g of chicken breast protein.
>>
Obviously a noob lifter. Eating that much protein sounds hard until you actually do it. Just fucking try it you cunt. If you eat 4-7 meals a day it's easy. Drink more weight shakes.

1 cup oats
3 cups milk
4 tbsp penis butter (salt free smooth)
2 scoops protein powder (1 serving)
1 banana

That's over 1000 calories and around 70 grams protein at the least, and goes down quick and easy. Just fucking eat you skinnyfag. Stop over analyzing an just fucking do it. Jesus I hate people like you

>but i dont wanna get fat!!!!!
>but thats so much work!!!!!!
>that tastes gross!!!!!

Die please
>>
>>35117003
Please stop trying to give advice. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. That is a bro diet plan, or a Kayla Istines starvation diet. No veggies, no fruits, no grains, please kill yourself
>>
>>35117052
>>35117028
whats with the hostility dude? I used to be fatish at 200lbs and now im down to 165 and looking to start working out and getting in shape and im just looking for a way to break my habits of video/ eating poorly and fix myself
>>
>>35117028
>everyone is a skellington who needs to bulk like me!
what if OP is obese and trying to shed fat?

>>35117009
>http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>There is normally no advantage to consuming more than 0.82g/lb (1.8g/kg) of protein per day to preserve or build muscle once you’re past the novice level as a natural trainee. This already includes a mark-up, since most research finds no more benefits after 0.64 g/lb.
>>
>>35117003
my gawd we have a retard in our midst lmao. good luck with that diet, autist. thats a pile of horse shit
>>
>>35117052
>No veggies, no fruits, no grains
what if you supp micros and fiber? (psyllium husk and a multi)

also why grains?
>>
>>35117091
you can safely crash diet at high bf% tbhfam
>>
>>35117013
this..

that shit adds up, mang... like raindrops in a barrel
>>
>>35117083
Jerky? No fruits? No veggies? No grains? Fucking shakes that much? Sorry for the hostility, just hate when people give newbs advice when they don't know what they're talking about. You should really read the diet sticky, same with OP. If you eat more veggies you're gonna be much healthier and shed the fat quicker. Jerky is cancer. Stop eating that shit. Make some brown rice the night before and bring it to work, or some lean chicken breast. Steam some vegetables in a stir fry.
>>
>>35117124
No I'm OP (the guy you replied to) not the other dude
>>
>>35117095
Jesus Christ.... Supplements, are not natural. You can't just fucking supplement every goddamn nutrient/mineral not found in your bro diet. Supplements are synthetic, and haven't been around long enough to really know if they're ok for humans, and I don't think they are. Fruits and veggies are so fucking important for you man. I cannot stress this enough. Stop supplementing and just eat a healthy diet. Grains are good for you too, just in moderation. Again with the supplements, they're better to be avoided in the long run my friend. Just eat a balanced diet
>>
>>35117124
>>35117052
the point of posting my diet was mainly to show how you can get enough protein at a large deficit. i don't want many carbs because im prepping for dnp + keto. ill add spinach since you guys are so worried but all i really care about is protons, minimization of carbs and cals in out. my tdee is also pretty low like 1600-1800
>>
>>35116978
You need .82 g of protein. Per lb of lean body mass on a cut and .68 on a bulk.
Notice how I said lean body mass and not bodyweight
>>
>>35117083
You thought you were safe being a noob on 4chan?
>>
Chicken breast
Oats
Whey
Beans
>>
>>35116945

Read this: http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
1g per body lb is a memay, all the studies say that you don't need that much AT ALL.

Cheap as fuck sources are eggs, beans and milk, you don't even need to cook canned beans, so that's even better. You can also find cheap fish and chicken if bought in big ass amounts. There are a couple of Scooby's videos on the topic. Make your research, but eating some meat, some eggs and some beans and the breakfast milk will be more than enough, specially if you are a dyel n00b.
>>
>dyels trying to get the absolute minimum amount of protein possible
Why, there's literally no reason to not try and shoot for well over what's recommended if there's even a slight possibility of a benefit to getting more, it doesn't even require whey if you are some /pol/ paranoid anti-whey shill fag and don't want to support supplement companies(whey isn't how they're making their money).
>>
File: 2015.jpg (95 KB, 591x960) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
95 KB, 591x960
>>35117387
Well shit dude I came here so I could stop drinking mountain jew and grow up into a fit bastard instead of a skinnyfat fuck in pic related
>>
>>35117451
No I eat a shit ton, but almost 2 grand in grams of protein a week seemed a little daunting so i wanted to get other people's opinions before i set off to buy a set of live cows for the coming week
>>
>>35117003
That's a very expensive starvation diet desu
>>
>>35117003
This "diet" is absolutely retarded, and this anon is not going to make, and will be dead in a couple of years, enough said.

>>35117028
>weight shakes
This anon is also a fucking retard. You don't need protein powder, it's a waste of money, get your nutrients from actual food. You can easily get all your protein for the day with just food.

>>35117154
Hi Scooby, but this anon speaks wisdom srlsy. eat your fucking veggies.

>>35117315
OH HE'S PREPPING FOR DNP+KETO this dude really has a turd for a brain, no other possible explanation. EVERYBODY HE GOT THIS HE'S GOING FOR THE KETO MEHMEH. Kill yourself now please.

See this OP for how to make a diet easy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAzklE8Ffwc
Note that here Scoob's aiming for a big ass amount of protein, and he's not even adding retarded protein powder and shit. You would be fine with less. Someone already posted why 1g/lb is retarded, so yeah that's it.

Also for extremely cheap meal, this video is law http://scoobysworkshop.com/2013/03/14/worlds-healthiest-fastest-and-cheapest-meal/
>>
>>35117154
>multis are dangerous because i said so
>haven't been around long enough to really know if they're ok for humans

really faggot? they have been around for long enough to test a full life-time's worth of eating multis

shit is safe as fuck.

literally safer than aspirin or alcohol
>>
>>35117600
>2015
>thinking the natty king is scooby, not greg o'gallagher
>linking gooby vids about nutrition and diet instead of kinobody
doinitrong tbqh
>>
>>35117003
>>35117315

Dude why kill yourself in such a slow way? Why don't you like, put a gun in your forehead and just blow your complete retard brains off? I can't even start to explain why you should never reproduce.

Please read the sticky.
>>
>>35117631

Woah we got some normie fucking retard scum over here.

>go fuck yourself with a hose dick teenage kid before I bash your brains with your mothers saggy tits.
>>
Milk contains about 35g/L.
Drink one every day.
Also eat two eggs, that will give you about 15.
You are now up to 50g + whatever is in the rest of your diet. Most stuff contains some protein.
I don't try for 1g/lb, but if you want, eat 200g of lean meat (40g) a day and substitute some rice/bread/potatoes/pasta for lentils, chick peas and beans.

All these things are cheap.
>>
>>35117003

So let me add up this for you, your daily food intake is:

3 eggs
A cup of milk
A can of tuna
Some jerky
Protein powder

You should know that this is a terrible idea. Any doctor or nutritionist will tell you that you will be having serious problems if you keep eating like this. Not only that, but it looks very expensive considering you are not even eating 1/4 of your needs. And of course, the hunger you must be experiencing is not necesary at all, and will make you more prone to cheat and eat something fast and sugary and greasy. I would recommend you go see a nutritionist or someone qualified since you have absolutely no idea about how this should be done, before the lack of vitamins and minerals harms you seriously.
>>
>>35117003

Enjoy lose skin you retard.
>>
>>35117028
>penis butter

Laughed aloud like the 'tismo I am.
>>
>>35116945

Mince beef, eggs, protein powder. Cook everything from scratch.

I get my protein & calories in really easily and my budget is $180 a month and it stretches
>>
>>35116945
.8g/lb
>>
>>35118056

>beef

Shit tier protein source m8, even beans are better
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.