[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone got experience with wisdom-teeth removal when it comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 19
File: Surgical-Removal.jpg (144 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
Surgical-Removal.jpg
144 KB, 650x400
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 154x147) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 154x147
>>35114713
Hurts like shit afterwards
can't and don't want to eat can't sleep drink or bite
your mouth smells like a decomposing body and tastes lik a dead overrun cross eyed dog

Get all 4 removed at once or you will be close to suicide before the second surgery
>>
Is it mandatory to get them removed?
>>
File: BASED PLUTO.gif (821 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
BASED PLUTO.gif
821 KB, 500x366
>tfw i'm 19 and my wisdom teeth still haven't come through yet

Too bad i'm still in braces though...A-at least I can still get laid with them on somehow.
>>
>>35115091
Depends on how they are growing
On collision course with other teeth etc
>>
Mine still feels sore sometimes years later. Its not mandatory, but there's like a 50/50 gamble that if you keep them they will cause major problems requiring even more invasive surgeries later in life. Could cause crooked teeths & ruin aesthetics. I'd just do it.

Wtf do u mean atrophy? just drink protein shakes n shit
>>
>>35115104
Better get them removed while they are small and don't have evolved full strength tooth root
>>
>>35115091
I'm 26. My bottom two have come out, one of my top 2 hasnt even broken the skin. My dentist says its up to me if I want to remove them, its just harder to brush the top one, no major complications.
Ask a dentist about your teeth
>>
>>35115053
>Hurts like shit afterwards
i was ok, didn't even need an ibuprofen.

>can't and don't want to eat can't sleep drink or bite
i didn't lose my appetite but i definitely ate soft shit for a few days

>your mouth smells like a decomposing body and tastes lik a dead overrun cross eyed dog
not at all, i think you had an infection

>Is it mandatory to get them removed?
i think it comes down to whether or not they fit in your mouth. mine had already broke through the skin and were growing angular causing immense pain.
>>
>>35115119
But I don't feel anything back there anon, it's just straight gums. Plus strangely, all 4 of my mom's wisdom teeth came in perfectly, yet 1 of my siblings had their's extracted, while the other 2's wisdom teeth haven't came in at all, and they're close to 30 years old.
>>
they're just fucking teeth, it's incredible that americunts get anesthetized for that bullshit

lots of americunt doctors trying to pay off their yachts faster it seems
>>
What kind of opiates do they give you for this shit? If I said I wouldn't be able to swallow a pill does that mean free codeine
>>
>>35115198
Dentist here we don't give anything just tell people to get Ibuprofen and take it at regular intervals.
>>
>>35114713
I never got mine removed. They were sore when they were growing, and dentist said I needed them out.

I didn't do though, because an orthandontist botched a surgery once when I was a kid, so I've really never trusted the dental field aside from getting a yearly clean.

24 now. Wisdom teeth are still in and don't even fill them at all anymore. Honestly, I feel like they push getting teeth pulled when they don't need to.

Going back on my botched surgery that's what happened. Some quack of a dock pulled the wrong fucking teeth, so now I have this gap that never fucking closed even with braces and all I ever got was an "oops" and my mom was too beta to do anything about it.
>>
>having inferior genes

perfect wisdom teeth master race
>>
>>35115228
im with you. my younger bro had pain from 1 wisdom tooth, dentist said all 4 need to go. went to the surgeon and he said no you only need to take out the 1, other 3 are fine.

seriously a lot of dentists are fuckwads, i highly recommend you guys to go to a very highly reviewed one or one that comes from friend recs and they really like them.

my friend's cousin is a dentist, i went to him last month, dude told me i was worrying about nothing, no need to do much at all, just a simple cleaning is good enough. he had netflix on a big ass screen too, pretty great.
>>
>>35115053
Lol, this is my second surgery :C
>>
Personally, got out of there pretty dizzy, went home and slept awhile. Woke up feeling fine. Hit the gym that night, was eating normal food within two days. Picked up 20 painkillers and made some money selling them to degenerate friends. Super good experience.

>tfw only had top wisdom teeth
>tfw genetically superior
>>
>>35115198
Op here, local anesthesia.
-I live in Denmark to clear that out
>>
got all 4 removed on a thursday
went to gym on saturday
mouth tastes like blood and that is the worst part
>>
>>35115308
>tfw I was born without wisdom teeth
>tfw superior to you
>>
>>35114713
I had mine removed Sept. 30th wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was on a liquid diet for the first 3 days during which I drank protein shakes made with:
>Greek yogurt
>oats
>whey
>egg whites
>milk
>peanut butter
>cocoa (for taste)
All ingredients adjusted to fit my individual macros of coarse. I also drank some "nutrishakes" as I call them a long with a multi vitamin pill.
The shakes included:
>spinach
>broccoli
>watermelon, or mango
On the third day I started to eat soft foods like mashed sweet potatoes, and by the sixth day I was able to eat things like chicken breast if I chewed very slowly and carefully. By the eighth day I was back to lifting and my normal diet. I stuck to my macros throughout this recovery period. The worst part was the swelling. I would recommend picking up a decent blender going into this surgery.

>TL;DR get a blender
>>
>>35115198
I don't remember what I got, but it wasn't codein.
>>
>>35114713
It's weird but my wisdom teeth are already grown, and they're aligned with my other teeth. No need to get them removed I guess.

I'm glad tho, that pic made me cringe a little.
>>
>>35115308
Both teeth are bottom, which are connected to more nerves in da jaw :>
Top wisdom teeth aint shit
>>
Got my bottom 2 out while in the military in order to skip out on some gay change of command ceremony. Dentist ended up fucking my nerve up and now I cant feel the left side of my chin.
Worth it imo.
>>
>>35115326
>all 4 teeth removed at once
>get home with public transport
>old woman comes and asks if the seat next to me is taken
>can't talk because mouth is swollen af
>just nod and smile
>mouth and teeth full of blood
>look like absolute madman
>woman quickly leaves
>>
File: tumblr_mxlpocfXYF1qldrydo1_500.jpg (59 KB, 476x461) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxlpocfXYF1qldrydo1_500.jpg
59 KB, 476x461
>>35115391
>Be me
>Walk home dizzy from dentist to catch bus home
>Oh god all these fucking people waiting
>Make my way through crowd
>Get sudden urge to sneeze
>Oh god no
>Bloody mist shot into air and people
>People prob think I'm sick
>Mustbetheplague.png
>Sit alone for ride home
>My stitches hert
>>
>>35115053
nah was okay for me, needed painkillers for a day maybe and after that everything was good

>can't and don't want to eat can't sleep drink or bite
only ate soft stuff for 2 days, on the third day I started to eat mostly normal again

>your mouth smells like a decomposing body and tastes lik a dead overrun cross eyed dog
I guess your dentist fucked up then, or you forgot the wash your mouth for a few days?

>Get all 4 removed at once
I agree with you on this, got all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once although it wasn't really necessary.
>>
>>35115466
This

Pain and other stuff also depends on the dentist. I got all 4 removed in less than 30 minutes and a friend of mine had 4 hours.
>>
>>35115104
You might be lucky and wont get any wisdom teeth at all. I felt like the luckiest man in the world when they told me I didnt have any
>>
Sup brahs i'm an oral surgery assistant I watch this shit happen everyday

>do i NEED to get my wisdoms removed?
if you have nice teeth and insurance will cover it to be <$200 then yes. at my practice it's also less expensive to extract underdeveloped widsoms then when they break through the gumline

>do i get free drugs?
if you elect to go under general anesthesia (which is great and makes it less weird for us b/c the procedure is messy and takes ~45 minutes) you'll probably be put under with propofol. it's good shit and worth the money if insurance reasonably covers the cost

after the procedure don't drink through a straw for at least a week because it WILL fuck up the clotting recovery and you might get dry socket which sucks a lot
>>
>>35115184
really?
>>
>>35115496
That probably also depends on how the wisdom teeth grew in your mouth.

My dentist had to cut one of my teeth in 3 parts to fully remove it. But he still was finished after 30-40 minutes IIRC
>>
>>35114713
Got mine removed when I was 16 or 17. Had holes in my jaw for like 4 months because of how compacted they were, but much better now than later. You won't be off lifting for too long
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 432x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 432x444
>>35115160
>>35115466
It was the pure hell for me an I suffered like 3 weeks and tried to recover from the surgery. One tooth was so unfortunately grown they took it out in small pieces
never again
>4 out at once master race
>>
>>35115198
i got vicodin
>>
>>35115228
>>35115286

Remember that medicine, even dentistry, is a practice. One dentist may have more experience than the other and just because you go for a second opinion and the second guy says dont worry about it, does not make the first guy wrong. There are percentages of success for every disease and outcome, every medical professional has horror stories and success stories that govern how they view a problem and its prognosis.

I believe this is why there is such an inherent trust of medical professionals, that it is a practice and no one can truly predict what will happen for any choice of treatment and there are many ways to treat things. Every doctor sees every situation from a potentially different point of view.

Don't get me wrong though, there are plenty of doctors too out there that don't know what they are doing or are risky.
>>
>>35115166
perhaps they're not very wise
fthhfthfthfhfht
>>
I had all 4 removed before I deployed to iraq, I didn't have any issues with anything after surgery except food getting lodged in my empty sockets.

It barely hurt at all during recovery, the annoying part was jaw swelling and that went away within a few days.

Make sure you have a good dentist OP, some folks get butchers and its agony for weeks.

Oh and enjoy your complimentary Opiates, Hope ya aren't in agony so you can enjoy the high.
>>
File: image.jpg (342 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
342 KB, 1280x960
>>35115104
Mine ended up causing crowding.
You should go to the dentist and get X-rays to see if you have enough room for them to grow
>>
>>35115198
novokaine with syringe. Didn't hurt at all, but when it let go it hurt like motherfucker.
>>
I guess nobody here brushes their teeth.
>>
>tfw have enough room in my mouth

thank god m8s im terrified.
>>
>>35114713

>tfw all 4 wisdom teeth are through without any problems

Feeks good man
>>
>>35115053
I had no problems at all, a guy from my company looked like he got beat up though.
>>
>mfw I had 3 wisdom teeth
>couldn't eat, but could sort of chew my pressing the food against my non fucked up corner of teeth
>got tons of pain meds and a refill
>played video games all day zoned out on opiates

It was pretty fun desu, I can see why people get addicted to opiates, they make you feel so good.
>>
I had 5 wisdom teeth that got removed. Everything was bloody for a bit but they gave me a absolute shit ton of oxy, so theres a plus.
>>
File: 1443472631948.jpg (74 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1443472631948.jpg
74 KB, 400x387
>>35115053
My second surgery went off better
>didnt swell
>healed faster
>only cried for 3 hours on day 1
>managed to eat sooner
>healed in time for my anniversary
>>
>>35114713
i did it myself without being sedated whilst listening to metal and watching gore

man up pussies
>>
>>35117794
Which oppiates are best senpai
>>
File: muhteeth.jpg (42 KB, 616x523) Image search: [Google]
muhteeth.jpg
42 KB, 616x523
>>35116952
>tfw no brown teeth gf
>>
>>35117900
Doctor gave me hydrocodone, and that's what I like, but oxycodone is pretty good too. I did a cold water extraction on 22.5g of Hydrocodone, and it definitely put me into the wonderland. Felt kinda itchy though.
>>
File: lol.jpg (40 KB, 609x637) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
40 KB, 609x637
>>35115391
>>35115463
You missed a golden opportunity there.
>Ebola terrorist alert!
>>
>>35115053
I pretty sure I was starting to get addicted to prescription pain pills (powerful ones) during my recovery. I would pop one in even if I wasnt actually in pain, or my conscious just thought i needed one
>>
>>35114713
I had all 4 removed almost a decade ago
It's literally no big deal you will just have trouble eating for a short time afterwards and may have some bleeding for a little while until your gums fully heal.
>>
>Dont have money for denist.
>Only went there to have a check.
>Told him my situation, he said i can just let them go out.
>Did a mouthwash afterwords and paid 90 euro.

Thank god.
>>
>20
>sister is a dental hygienist
>go to her office for a checkup get xrays and shit for free
>find out i have wisdom teeth (yes at 20 i went to the dentist like 4 times my whole life)
>their impacted
>never felt any pain from them but know i have to get them out
>lol no insurance that will be 3 fucking grand at my own sisters office
>get a call from her a few days later saying the Dentist looked at the x-ray and that my wisdom teeth are really close to a major nerve in my face and that i need to get a Ct-scan at some place they refer
>lol 400 dollars "but they sometimes don't charge anything for family members"

Wow, at least i have free healthcare right. God bless Canada, bet one of those refugees and welfare recipients could get it for free or heavily subsidized.
>>
>>35116952
C H I C A G O
H
I
C
A
G
O
>>
I got one pulled out when I was 19/20, they just nummed and yanked 'er. Shit hurt a lil, I just took the meds they gave me and chilled and played vidya. was my bottom left

got another 2 pulled when I was in afghanistan on that mad lifting streak. taking my top 2 reallly fucked me up tho desu. i couldn't eat anything solid for like 4 days, shit hurt so bad. I got one of my buds to blend up some fruit and shit every day with some protein powder and milk and ice and that did the trick.

last sumbitch is still in there and the dentists dont want to pull it cause its too close to the nerve or something baka
>>
>>35115184
No wonder you retards have such fucked up teeth.
>>
>parents paid for all my siblings wisdom teeth removal
>here i am at 20 and will have to foot a 3 grand bill if i want to get them out
>their impacted and will fuck my teeth if i leave them and close to a nerve so i could get my face paralyzed
>>
>got all four removed
>zero pain and hardly any swelling

What does it mean?
>>
File: 1332809891570.jpg (8 KB, 176x137) Image search: [Google]
1332809891570.jpg
8 KB, 176x137
>>35115053
I'm about to get my wisdom teeth removed.
>>
I got very mild pain the same day after anesthetic wore off but nothing after. Try to take care of the empty socket so the blood clog doesnt fall off, its important for forming seal under which the tissue can heal.
>>
My moms wouldn't let me take painkillers so I just tried to not go crazy from the pain
>>
>>35115198
I had them put me under because why not? Afterward i got 25 percocets (5mg iirc). Ibuprofen was all i needed for the pain, but the percs were fun once i got around to them
>>
>>35114713
>tfw all four wisdom teeth are straight and functional
Have fun getting a shitty jawline as post extraction bone reabsorption shrinks the hell out of your mandible
>>
>>35116952
one of the main reason why I wanted my wisdom teeth removed. Exactly the same thing happend to my brother, and I saw first signs of crowding too, so I decided it's better to get rid of them all at once.
>>
>>35115198
hydros if you go to an oral surgeon
>>
>having such a shitty jaw that there isn't even enough space for all your teeth so you have to get perfectly healthy teeth removed
>>
>>35120011
really? In germany you just say that you want them gone and that's it. No need to pay extra.
>>
>fighting the evolutionary Jew
>not keeping your wisdom teeth as a proud sign of your primal strength
Just eat more rare steak senpai, use your gifts
>>
File: 1286519431766.jpg (57 KB, 670x510) Image search: [Google]
1286519431766.jpg
57 KB, 670x510
>>35120396
>get all 4 wisdom teeth removed
>all 4 sockets got infected
>throat hurt so bad swallowing felt like I was being mouthraped by swords.
>infection cleared up but still had 4 giant bags of pus in my jaws
>had to sock myself in the face to get each one to burst
>>
>>35118824
Same here had all 4 removed on Friday afternoon, was back at work on Monday with some minor swelling.

Eat soft things, dont be me and eat a sandwhich on the next day.
>>
File: 1448695418515.png (160 KB, 622x470) Image search: [Google]
1448695418515.png
160 KB, 622x470
>tfw getting mine out in 2 weeks
>can feel those fuckers coming in and it hurts like shit
this surgery can come soon enough
>>
Depends on how they do it and what your current dental status is.

Had an infection in my bottom left rear molar adjacent to the wisdom tooth which required a root canal.

The pulled the tooth before dealing with the root canal so it took weeks to recover and hurt like a motherfucker.

I got the other 3 taken out at a new dentist's office and I healed in the week since I made sure to get ALL of the root canals done beforehand. Any and all infections were probably obliterated due to the countless numbers of antibiotics I took for the root canal recovery.

That and the surgeon who did the wisdom teeth extraction was a fucking wizard. Pulled em in 10 minutes flat and I barely had any issues besides occasional bleeding and obvious swelling but no pain or discomfort really.

Also nutrition and hydration is important as fuck
>>
>>35114713
I had all 4 removed with local anesthesia, no pain, done in 30 minutes... worst part was having food get stuck in the damn crevices.
>>
>>35121492
yeah definitely the weird hole thats just left that food just decides to fill.
>>
>>35115104
same bro, after my braces come off i'm have the surgery, i know i have at least 3, and 1 has been trying to push the surface.
>>
Damn son, after reading this thread I'm pretty glad my jaw is big enough to fit all my wisdom teeth, getting them removed sounds painful as fuck.

>>35121100
This is a plus I guess.
>>
Took about 15 minutes, no swelling, no pain. Took pain killers for one day and that was it.
>>
>>35115198
>americans needing opiates for something little as wisdom teeth removal
>>
I became depressed for the time I couldn't work out. Mine were growing really bad and were huge. Other anons had it easy mine were terrible and the pain did not stop for weeks. Not being able to eat food either sucked. Mine were removed around Christmas time last year so just watching other family eat you only drinking yogurt sucks. If you can remove all at once. My mouth didn't smell like shit though, but food would get lodged in my mouth holes until they healed up right and the leakage was nasty.
>>
got all 4 out by local anesthetic, very easy. Took recommended dose ibuprofen. Never felt a thing. 0 pain during or after procedure. Its uncomfortable and will fatigue you but it was easy.
>>
I had mine all pulled at boot camp, and right after they gave me an apple and bag of chips because they thought it would be funny to watch me attempt to eat it. I was bleeding everywhere for the next three days, my pillow looked like an oversized tampon.
>>
Think I need to get them removed soon. My tonsils have also been enlarged for about 6 years and I'd like to get rid of those too. How fucked and for how long would I be if I had all 4 teeth and the tonsils removed within the same week (assuming that's doable)?
>>
>>35114713
Literally did a back workout the same day.
>>
File: old junkie big.jpg (1 MB, 1224x1753) Image search: [Google]
old junkie big.jpg
1 MB, 1224x1753
>>35117932
>Felt kinda itchy though.
former junkie here
thats what opiates do , also slows down the guts
had my wisdom teeth , top two, taken out . doc gave me motrin , was thinking of asking for dope but didn't.
>>
>>35115160
Dude I know right, they probably used a poor dentist.
>>
>>35114713
Depends how you get it done. I haven't had mine done yet but my closest mate had his done by a surgeon who specializes in mouth and jaw reconstruction. The day after his surgery he was fine, no pain and was pretty much able to eat within a few days. Hope you have insurance to cover it properly.
>>
>>35115053
This desu
>>
I got mine out because they only half came out on their own and bothered my gums. It sucks for a couple weeks but you'll be fine, as with most injuries or illnesses.
>>
so my wisdom teeth grew out normally years ago, like i've been to the dentist, he hasn't said anything about it. they're just standing in line with the rest of my teeth. they didn't cause any drifting, no nothing. i guess i'm good then? i hear they don't last as long as your other teeth and i can see why, with them sitting all the way in the back there.
>>
>>35121033
>being this butthurt that either god is a fuck up of he doesn't exist
>>
>>35115053
Stupid, do two at a time so you can chew with the other side. I did mine under local and it was not exactly pleasant but not nearly so bad as you make it sound. Don't be a pussy. I was eating taco bell chalupas with my good side the evening following the surgery. I also waited until I was 30 to do it, it's supposed to be easier when you're younger.
>>
>>35117880
>>only cried for 3 hours on day 1
Grille detected... or huge faggit.
>>
Everyone's a fucking pussy ITT. A seedy old brown man ripped my wisdom teeth out with a pair of grip pliers in a dirty alleyway when I was only 12 years of age, and I could only eat cinnamon life cereal for the next week since it was all I could afford. Man the fuck up you cowards.
>>
I got mine removed two years ago (I was 23), all four at the same time.

I suppose it depends on the person, as well as exactly how far the roots of the wisdom teeth grew. My top two weren't too bad, but looking at the X-rays, my bottom two's roots were really close to hitting certain nerves, but otherwise I wasn't having any problems with them anyways, but opted to have them removed now before any problems did arise.

I felt pretty much no pain afterwards, never even thought to use any of the medication they game me. The worst thing about that following weekend was probably the blood slowly and constantly oozing out from one of the bottom sites that night following surgery, but really that was it.

All my friends who had their wisdom teeth taken out seemed to experience some degree of pain, but I never did, so I consider myself lucky.
>>
lmao, I have only 1 wisdom tooth and it will grow in with plenty of room. Masterrace reporting IN.
>>
>>35123669
I got 4 wisdom teeths and they all plenty of space to grow. They're even lined up with the rest of my teeth
aka...
TRUE MASTER RACE REPORTING IN
>>
>>35116952
>>35121017
Literature is not clear on the possibility of wisdom teeth causing crowding in the anterior region
>>
>have all 4 wisdom teeth to 22 years old
>never had pain issues or anything
>ate sketchy chinese food one day
>bite down and one of the teeth chips hard
>literally feel half a wisdom tooth in my mouth for a few days
>later that week at dentist
>wtf happened
>it happens but we recommend pulling it out
>do it mate
>10 shots of novacane later cause someone she kept screwing it up
>alright how about we do the rest?
>nah mate c ya

the remaining 3 still don't hurt though
why rip them out?
>>
>>35123768
Yeee brah

Got dat caveman jaw. Wisdom teeth are sittin pretty chillin with the rest of the teethbros
>>
Got 3 removed yesterday. Took the surgeon 7 minutes and I just had some xylocain gel for anaesthesia. I got something to bite into to reduce the swelling and a light combination of acetylsalicylacid, paracetamol and codein but just needed it for the first day. Normal eating 5 hours after extraction. At this point I am just taking clindamycine and begin to wonder if I just had a lot of luck with my teeth or if some of the people ar just huge sissys
>>
>>35122439
Not possible. And you have to avoid hardmanual labor and sport for 2 weeks after tonsil removal because of the danger of bleeding. Wisdom teeth are like 1 week max.
>>
>>35114713

Yeah, had one simple extraction and two surgicals. They're not really a drama.
>>
I'm 18 and I have 3 fully grown wisdom teeth and 1 still in development.
I went to two dentists and they both said all of them had to be removed but I didn't feel like they would cause problems.

Although my first tooth which I have since 16 has grown at a rather incovinient angle I haven't had any problems.

I think wisdom teeth removal is a total scam.
I just make sure to brush them carefully.
>>
File: Foto 20.02.15 13 02 53.jpg (94 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Foto 20.02.15 13 02 53.jpg
94 KB, 512x384
This was me after 2 of mine got removed. That huge fucking abscess in my face was hard as stone but even i managed to hit my 3500+ cals per day even on the day of surgery by drinking instant oats + egg protein (no whey because of antibiotics).
And the pain was not bad with ibuprofen.
>>
I had 2 extra, so I got 6 removed all at once. I lost a lot of weight. It was terrible.

Drink a lot of milk, I guess, that might help.
>>
>>35126416
You had 6 wisdom teeth? WTF?
>>
>>35126416
There is still ongoing discussion if milk and milk products are bad for you in the first 24 hours post op
>>
>>35114713
I got my top 2 out and it didn't really hurt at all. Just a gross bloody mouth for a bit.
>>
WTF YOU GUYS?!
y'all crying?
i'm a 5'3 qt femboi and i didnt give a shit
... when i was thinking about /fit/ i was thinking about thick husbandos but y'all are even queerer than me desu
>>
Apparently removing wisdom teeth has impact on your jawline

how does it feel knowing you wilingly made yourself uglier?
>>
>>35114713
Had mine removed in Germany
>No sedation
>only numbing
>never going to forget the tearing sound my teeth made when he pried them out
>nurse had to hold my hands down I was shaking so hard
>get home
>blood everywhere
>try to drink a glass of water but end up pouring it all over me because I can't feel where my mouth is with the glass
>absolutely horrible pain
>doctor prescribes only ibuprofen

Only upsides
>no swelling in the cheeks whatsoever
>a week later they gave me the cleaned off teeth in a small bag

I don't think I really experienced that much atrophy, or loss of strength. I couldn't exercise for 3 weeks, but I did make a lot of high calorie shit in my blender.
>>35115091
it depends, some people are lucky. I was more lucky than most, all of mine had surfaced straight (if they don't surface straight the surgery is more traumatic on the jaw because they need to cut open the gums and break the teeth). The only issue for me is that they were causing a lot of discomfort and crowding my mouth. Some people don't even have them though.
>>
I get all 4 removed next week. 3 are impacted and I can see all 3 coming in. They are causing crowding bad. I can't wait to get them out, thank god for work provided insurance or I would have to drop 3 grand
>>
>>35127562
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
3 left to remove, 21 i can feel them under my gums. 2000 dollar surgery. Fuck mee...
>>
Top two grew in right, bottom two are shifting my already scrunched up teeth together and making it painful and they havent even broke the skin and emerged yet. I went to a new hoity toity dentist practice (think of my town as Parks and Rec's Eagleton) that accepts my insurance and they say, nah, you got a small mouth and your jaw nerves are too close to just yank em, we're referring you to this office in (Think of Pawnee) the town over. I call em up, they dont even accept my insurance, and they want me to go under and get the teeth extracted via an oral surgeon. For 2,000 cash upfront. Said that theyd "reimburse" my money later afterwards.

Fuck. That.
>>
File: 1437744842406.jpg (23 KB, 300x404) Image search: [Google]
1437744842406.jpg
23 KB, 300x404
I'm 27. Only have one wisdom tooth and hasn't erupted yet.

Also my dad is a dentist so I can get it removed for free.
>>
File: baconfaggot.jpg (11 KB, 206x366) Image search: [Google]
baconfaggot.jpg
11 KB, 206x366
>Recently got three removed
>Was awake for it all
>Took an hour
>Go home in some pain but not too bad
>Eating hurts like hell
>SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN
>blendallfood.exe

So that's what I did. I blended all my food. Chicken, bacon, eggs, etc. Not getting me gains goblin. Pic related. Wasn't that bad t-b-h
>>
>>35114713
I felt weak as fuck for like a week since all I could eat was basically liquid or very soft meals like oatmeal and applesauce. My body ran off sugar and water for a weak plus painkillers, I definitely felt weaker but it came back quick.
>>
My wisdom teeth are aligned

feels good man
>>
Pretty much painless, at you get a bunch of codeine, too. I ate the evening I had mine removed, and didn't need to use any of the prescribed painkillers. At least, not for treating the pain :^)
>>
>>35115053
Spotted the manlet
>>
>never got wisdom teeth removed
>they grew in without causing any problems
Should I even bother getting them removed?
>>
File: [devil beating intensifies].jpg (40 KB, 570x574) Image search: [Google]
[devil beating intensifies].jpg
40 KB, 570x574
>>35114713
>mfw i wasn't born with wisdom teeth at all
>mfw wisdom teeth serve literally NO purpose
>mfw only a small percentage of people are born without them
>mfw people born without wisdom are considered MORE evolved than those with them since they have manage to grow away from something with NO evolutionary purpose
>>
File: painful.jpg (372 KB, 1003x1416) Image search: [Google]
painful.jpg
372 KB, 1003x1416
>Have two growing wisdom teeth that will have to be removed

Is it really that painful afterwards? What about during, probably they put enough drugs in you to make you numb for hours.
>>
>>35134720
Source?
>>
>>35117880
>>only cried for 3 hours on day 1
ebin
>>
>>35114713

My wisdom teeth came in kind of sideways and were like rotting out. Had them pulled with just the local anesthetic shots. Honestly didn't hurt, maybe because they were dead. Couldn't eat the rest of the day, after that I was fine. It was pretty quick in my experience.
>>
>>35114713

>>35115053
This.

In my case though he fractured my jaw so i was fucked for a few more weeks.

Enjoy brah.
>>
>mfw I didn't take the opiod they prescribed me and was eating the day after the surgery.

nut the fuck up lads
>>
I seriously don't know what the fuck are you talking about. Surgery? Atrophy?
I got one wisdom tooth removed because it was bad and the dentist told me in such a position it would be easier and less risky to remove it altogether rather than fill the cavity. The most painful part of the whole "operation"+healing process was when he gave me three anesthetic shots right in the gum. After those he pulled out a medieval-looking tool, he clasped my tooth, pulled and pushed and struggled and pop out it came.
Had to bite cotton gauze at the back of my mouth for the whole day to drain up blood, pretty annoying but not really painful. No headache or nothing, the same night I slept like a baby and the bleeding stopped overnight. The day after I was (carefully) back to solid foods and went to the gym.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.